Random Tiny CODE Wants

Started by daedroug, April 21, 2009, 11:25:21 PM

March 24, 2011, 08:15:25 PM #1800 Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 08:21:21 PM by Yam
Scribble code on canvas/paper items. Do it!

I will send you a kitten.

Or I guess you could use the existing writing/title code with a universal art language. For various not written sketches, paintings, and diagrams.

It would be nice if certain mundane skills (common sense can dictate which skills are mundane).. ie: climb, search, flee. Would eventually branch with enough use. Even then with certain subguilds that even get these skills they are capped kind of low so that you will eventually fail which doesn't make much sense to me.

Since this already applies to the ride (and another skill I'm pretty sure), skill why wouldn't it apply to other mundane skills?

A way to temporarily codedly revoke clan status.

I'm having trouble imagining a realistic need for that, care to elaborate?
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

Well, I don't think it would have universal utility. Only a few sparse cases. It probably wouldn't be worth it. It's a tiny code want.

I believe this has been mentioned before, particularly in usage with the "guard" command.

A way to hitch a mount to the room that is both time consuming to do and time consuming to undo.

This would let you hitch kank room.  wait 30 seconds.  and then know anyone who wants to steal your kank will have to sit there for 30 seconds unhitching it instead of the ol s;hitch kank;mount;run;n
Quote from: ZhairaI don't really have a problem with drugs OR sex
Quote from: MansaMarc's got the best advice.
Quote from: WarriorPoetIf getting loaded and screwing is wrong, I don't wanna be right.

It would be neat if, when our stun dropped below a certain percentage (15%-25% range), we would get an echo of 'feeling dizzy' or something similar.
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

Quote from: Marc on March 24, 2011, 11:24:05 PM
A way to hitch a mount to the room that is both time consuming to do and time consuming to undo.

This would let you hitch kank room.  wait 30 seconds.  and then know anyone who wants to steal your kank will have to sit there for 30 seconds unhitching it instead of the ol s;hitch kank;mount;run;n

This.  Mounts are way too easy to steal, and -way- too vital in the middle of the desert.

March 25, 2011, 12:05:03 AM #1809 Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 12:08:22 AM by Kismetic
It's not that hard to steal someone's mount when they're not looking.  I think of Zalanthas as more like the Wild West, and less like "That guy stole my car ...  I'm tracking him with my GPS."

Maybe a slight lag.  But even so, they're gonna take off with your mount regardless, aren't they?

Edit:  I do understand this is also a playability issue.

Quote from: MeTekillot on March 24, 2011, 10:34:29 PM
A way to temporarily codedly revoke clan status.
Actually... a way to give clan status temporarily.

March 25, 2011, 12:20:46 AM #1811 Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 12:24:13 AM by Marc
Quote from: Kismetic on March 25, 2011, 12:05:03 AM
It's not that hard to steal someone's mount when they're not looking.  I think of Zalanthas as more like the Wild West, and less like "That guy stole my car ...  I'm tracking him with my GPS."

Maybe a slight lag.  But even so, they're gonna take off with your mount regardless, aren't they?

Edit:  I do understand this is also a playability issue.

RTCW: If not a way to bind mounts in place for short periods then enough variety and a way to brand mounts in addition to making recently rented mounts somehow visible in the stables so that "hustlers" can be caught instead of the race to a stables/slaughterhouse to turn the mount into a ticket/obsidian coins.  Stealing kanks is an awesome activity in theory, it's classic western, but in practice the risk/reward factor is all flocked up IMHO

edited to address another point: They will get the mount anyway, but it's not a "who can type faster/mad rush/alias/trigger" affair like it is now.  I guess I didn't stipulate that while the mount would be hitched to the ground, you could instantly hitch it back to yourself (frozen in spot for the same amount of time or whatever).  This means you could move one room away.  Go into a tavern.  Go into a shop and if you're paying attention you might notice the jerkface messing with your kank and can go back outside to confront the would be thief.  If you leave your kank in the wilds, yeah, 30 seconds or whatever isn't a very long time at all.  They'll get your kank sure'nuff.
Quote from: ZhairaI don't really have a problem with drugs OR sex
Quote from: MansaMarc's got the best advice.
Quote from: WarriorPoetIf getting loaded and screwing is wrong, I don't wanna be right.

for scan to be useful versus hide, for a percentage of half-breeds to, as i'm interpreting the docs, pass for either human or elf (which does not happen IG, and i think this could be tweaked with the sdesc) and possible changes to one's sdesc, like tdesc, which can be cleared to reveal your original sdesc. i think the keyword command kind of trumps that though, and that it'd be too hard to implement without changing other things like that.
Quote from: Qzzrbl
THAT MAN IS DEHYDRATING!

QUICK! GIMME A BANDAGE!!

Quote from: Marc on March 25, 2011, 12:20:46 AM
They will get the mount anyway, but it's not a "who can type faster/mad rush/alias/trigger" affair like it is now.

This sounds like a character complaint.  I have a handful of aliases for mundane things, but using triggers seems out of line (isn't it against the rules?).  Either way, sometimes, to do something dirty, you gotta get away fast.

A suggestion, though:  use watch.

Quote from: Case on March 25, 2011, 12:06:25 AM
Actually... a way to give clan status temporarily.

So many times something like

recruit amos 10

you recruit amos to the arm of the dragons for duration 10 minutes.

would have been badass.
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

March 25, 2011, 02:09:07 AM #1815 Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 03:13:46 AM by Grey Area
Quote from: Cindy42 on March 24, 2011, 05:41:44 PM
the zalanthan version of monastic orders---- perhaps involving certain types of combat training or certain spiritual codes, or the worship of one of the two Highlords, or the Sand Lord, or an elemental plane. they get a uniform, certain tattoos or piercings which look the same, and for the most part, are the same race with some of the same coloration, mostly to strongly hint at a shared ancestry. or something.

killer monks!

Quote from: Cindy42
..we should have more than one too, like two, with varying principles. the ones that use staves, or the ones that wield twin shortswords...

Hate to rain on your idea parade, but they're called Jihaens. Perhaps you've seen one or two!

Quote from: Cindy42 on March 25, 2011, 01:06:34 AM
for a percentage of half-breeds to, as i'm interpreting the docs, pass for either human or elf (which does not happen IG

Yes it does.  Quit talking if you don't know what you're talking about.

Quote from: maxid on March 25, 2011, 03:05:03 AM
for a percentage of half-breeds to, as i'm interpreting the docs, pass for either human or elf (which does not happen IG

Seriously? you can change your breed's racial appearance on the fly? Or do you not know what the hell I'm talking about?
Quote from: Qzzrbl
THAT MAN IS DEHYDRATING!

QUICK! GIMME A BANDAGE!!

To change kick into a more diverse "extra attack," containing anything from a roundhouse kick, to a knee thrust, to an elbow to the face.

Quote from: Cindy42 on March 25, 2011, 03:28:47 AM
Quote from: maxid on March 25, 2011, 03:05:03 AM

Seriously? you can change your breed's racial appearance on the fly? Or do you not know what the hell I'm talking about?

No, you cannot change it on the fly. At chargen, you can decide if you want to be an elven-looking-half-elf, a human-looking-half-elf, or pass for human (Perhaps you are unaware you are a half-elf).
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

Scan is also useful versus hide.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

Quote from: Kismetic on March 25, 2011, 03:38:34 AM
To change kick into a more diverse "extra attack," containing anything from a roundhouse kick, to a knee thrust, to an elbow to the face.

Hell yeah. Or just a more generic "strike" command as has been discussed before.
Quote from: nessalin on July 11, 2016, 02:48:32 PM
Trunk
hidden by 'body/torso'
hides nipples

Headbutt command.

Just because.
Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote from: Delirium on August 04, 2014, 10:11:38 AM
fuck authority smoke weed erryday

oh and here's a free videogame.

EDIT: OOPS, I should only post tiny code wants instead of derailing.

Want: Half-elves who choose to appear fully elven being granted master-rank allundean.

March 25, 2011, 12:06:19 PM #1824 Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 12:09:59 PM by NOFUN
A stress system, things like not eating, taking damage maybe even foraging increase stress. Too much will weaken/cause your character to attack random people/hallucinate as though they've taken Skellebain.

reduced by having a nice long rest, eating or taking spice.

Not really a tiny want, but I think it'd be cool.
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
̡͌
    l̡̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡
ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ:・゚ KAWAII WAVE!!:,,ø¤º°¨ ¨°º¤KEEP THE KAWAII GOING ¸,,ø¤º°¨ ¨°º¤øº LETS GO KAWAII !¤¤º°¨¨°º¤øº¤ø,,¸¸ø¤º°¨,, ø¤º°¨¨°º