Random Tiny CODE Wants

Started by daedroug, April 21, 2009, 11:25:21 PM

Someone is actually arguing against the ability for a spearcrafter to make.. spears?  ::)

Anyways, it's my random tiny want and you let me fucking want it.
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

Just give whatever subguilds come with spearcrafting lumberjacking. I don't know why they don't already have it, to be honest.

Subguild_forester comes with lumberjacking and a whole bunch of other imba stuff, so it's not like it would be breaking a monopoly that merchant PCs have.

Quote from: hyzhenhok on March 23, 2011, 03:02:07 AM
Just give whatever subguilds come with spearcrafting lumberjacking. I don't know why they don't already have it, to be honest.

Subguild_forester comes with lumberjacking and a whole bunch of other imba stuff, so it's not like it would be breaking a monopoly that merchant PCs have.
Maybe a low-enough cap on lumberjacking to be able to make 1-3 poles from a log, but nothing else.
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

Quote from: hyzhenhok on March 23, 2011, 03:02:07 AM

I like this idea.
Quote from: Wug on August 28, 2013, 05:59:06 AM
Vennant doesn't appear to age because he serves drinks at the speed of light. Now you know why there's no delay on the buy code in the Gaj.

lumberjacking gets tons of stuff, better to simply add spearcrafting to the already existing craft of making poles, that way spearcrafters get no tree chopping bonus or make planks, etc etc etc.

Take all of 5 minutes.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

Lumberjacking doesn't get much that's useful, except as materials in further crafting, so I'm fine with more people getting it.  It's woodworking that gets the good stuff.
"I am a cipher, wrapped in an enigma, smothered in secret sauce."
- Jimmy James, the man so great they had to name him twice

Both solutions would work, but I don't see lumberjacking as being so unbalancing. It's not direction sense or parry. Throw in a spiel "They know how to find basic materials for handles and shafts" to the description for subguild_weaponcrafter and give them lumberjacking.

A way to look at items that are sitting on tables.

Unless there is one and I'm just an idiot.  (but if there is it isn't in the look helpfile and I can't figure it out by trial and error  :( )
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

look <item> in/on <table>

Problem is, the keyword you use can't be shared by anything else in the room.

I once did that, several years ago for the first time, looking into a bin, in salarr and I used the keyword "leather".

I nearly had a heart attack as there was so much spam I thought staff had loaded 200 mantis and that was the combat spam.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

Quote from: X-D on March 23, 2011, 10:51:20 AM
I once did that, several years ago for the first time, looking into a bin, in salarr and I used the keyword "leather".

I nearly had a heart attack as there was so much spam I thought staff had loaded 200 mantis and that was the combat spam.

A mantis-shelled leather cuirass * 200 <--- What actually was.

An army of mantis <--- What X-D saw.

I would like the ability to cultivate farm fields, and from that became the greatest farmer ever.

March 23, 2011, 11:15:06 AM #1786 Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 11:17:00 AM by Marc
To repeat firstly:  It's a RTW.  Cool!  If they put it in, awesome!

I can think of four spearmaking recipies without needing poles.  None are clan specific.  I'm trying to remember how many club making/axe making/tent making recipes there are available..........

You explain why every character in the known world should not be able to make a bone nail given a lifetime and I'll justify why spearmakers cannot make a straight pole to save their lives.  I have never had a "nomad" subguild unable to get poles with even a modicum of effort.  Turn it into a damn quest.  It's an excuse to seek out others.  And even that isn't really needed.  All the places in the world where wood is readily available I'm willing to bet a few hours after most reboots there are poles available for purchase.  A quick check confirms at least two shops with poles that I know about right this second.

Yes, it makes -0- sense that a spearMAKER cannot make poles.  Apply that same logic to practically every other 'class' and mundane skills they do not get.  What you mean my merchant can't learn to kick?  Why can't my pickpocket backstab?  Why can't my krathi tan a hide?  Take an appropriate subguild?  Ok, you too.

Edited to add:  If spearmaking is jacked because of poles, why is no one complaining about toolmaking/tinker?  That class is pure flocked without poles.  Guess lots of people like that cool tribal accent....
Quote from: ZhairaI don't really have a problem with drugs OR sex
Quote from: MansaMarc's got the best advice.
Quote from: WarriorPoetIf getting loaded and screwing is wrong, I don't wanna be right.

Quote from: a strange shadow on March 23, 2011, 10:23:35 AM
look <item> in/on <table>

Problem is, the keyword you use can't be shared by anything else in the room.

I swear I tried this (repetitively) and all I got back was "You do not see that here." but next time it comes up I'll try it again.  ;D
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

March 23, 2011, 01:01:09 PM #1788 Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 01:09:44 PM by Potaje
I want there to be a traveling circus, with rare animals in cages and performers, that move from area to area. In large cities they would set up in the arenas. In smaller villages they would set up just outside the village or outpost.

Erdlu trick riders, contortionist, a place for all those mutant types, mul strong man. Half giant clowns in an extra small wagon.

The funny little foreign man

I often hear the jingle to -Riunite on ice- when I read the estate name Reynolte, eve though there ain't no ice in Zalanthas.

Quote from: Potaje on March 23, 2011, 01:01:09 PM
I want there to be a traveling circus, with rare animals in cages and performers, that move from area to area. In large cities they would set up in the arenas. In smaller villages they would set up just outside the village or outpost.

Erdlu trick riders, contortionist, a place for all those mutant types, mul strong man. Half giant clowns in an extra small wagon.

You also need gypsies that tell fortunes from their gypsy wagon.

...wait.
As of February 2017, I no longer play Armageddon.

March 24, 2011, 10:02:27 AM #1790 Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 10:05:15 AM by hyzhenhok
Quote from: Marc on March 23, 2011, 11:15:06 AM
Edited to add:  If spearmaking is jacked because of poles, why is no one complaining about toolmaking/tinker?  That class is pure flocked without poles.  Guess lots of people like that cool tribal accent....

Then they should have lumberjacking, too.

Didn't expect that one, did you? :p

We are not talking about a seriously overpowered skill, or giving it to subguilds with too much cool stuff already. And as is often the sentiment around here, I think a change that make it harder to guild sniff should be welcome. Just because someone can make poles, you shouldn't be able to assume they are a guild_merchant or subguild_forester or whatever other guilds may or may not come with the skill.

the zalanthan version of monastic orders---- perhaps involving certain types of combat training or certain spiritual codes, or the worship of one of the two Highlords, or the Sand Lord, or an elemental plane. they get a uniform, certain tattoos or piercings which look the same, and for the most part, are the same race with some of the same coloration, mostly to strongly hint at a shared ancestry. or something.

killer monks!
Quote from: Qzzrbl
THAT MAN IS DEHYDRATING!

QUICK! GIMME A BANDAGE!!

This is totally doable IG.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

It would be cool if NPCs didn't regenerate from [completely fucked up] to [ready to eat your face] in a such an incredibly short time.
All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

i'm not a leader-type at all but i would DOMINATE in a monastic order. we should have more than one too, like two, with varying principles. the ones that use staves, or the ones that wield twin shortswords. the ones that accepts all races, or the ones that accept just humans and half-elves based on some spiritual principle about human blood.

it kind of scares me how quickly npcs recharge. is that to prevent a type of twinking i can't think of?
Quote from: Qzzrbl
THAT MAN IS DEHYDRATING!

QUICK! GIMME A BANDAGE!!

March 24, 2011, 07:04:59 PM #1795 Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 07:28:57 PM by Yam
The movie was called Equilibrium and it was bad (!!I actually love this movie!!). Start a monastic order that uses hand-crossbow kata. Mastercraft crossbows with daggers implanted in their stocks.

Edit for content because I cannot read and thought this was random thoughts: I want the ability to paint on canvas/paper based on the currently existing scribble code.

Possibly needed rant:

Is it too much to expect fans of a roleplaying game based in a textual world to read?

CODE

I've added this to every title in the thread plus the thread title itself, as it may not be evident.

Stop derailing with stuff you want that isn't code.  This is the code forum.

I don't code.  I sometimes petition coders to do stuff with varying results, or ask them to take a look at a post, or they may look at it here.  Sometimes I can fix some things that are code-related.  Anyway, we all look at this from time to time, and filling it up with your flavor of the month roleplay wants, world wants, or a lengthy derail into the random want du jour just makes it even harder for us to scan this thread for recent posts for ideas.  Would I want to ban someone a week for derailing a thread meant to be about an assortment of one, two, or perhaps a few posts elaborating on a code idea?  No.  I want to ban people that are complete jerks on the GDB.  The fact that I consider it from time to time over itty bitty things like this (and could act on it, based on one of the forum rules, but don't) should be a warning in and of itself.

Rant derail over, please post responsibly, and consider things before you write them down.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

Quote from: Potaje on March 21, 2011, 12:42:06 PM
Quote from: Gunnerblaster on March 21, 2011, 12:05:32 AM
I wish you could, in a non-aggressive manner, throw any item into another room.

I cannot begin to tell you how many times I have wished for a:

>toss torch east

You toss a light, flaming torch to the east.

>look east

[Near]
A pack of hungry bahamets are here.

Think Good thing I'm smart enough to toss torches into darkened areas.

this harkens unto a want, to be able to see from a dark room into a light, but not the other way around.

Yes to all the above. Toss FTW.

RTCW: I want there to be one more wearable slot on the back.
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

Quote from: Reiloth on March 24, 2011, 07:34:37 PM
RTCW: I want there to be one more wearable slot on the back.

+1
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Quote from: Nyr on March 24, 2011, 07:14:44 PMAnyway, we all look at this from time to time, and filling it up with your flavor of the month roleplay wants, world wants, or a lengthy derail into the random want du jour just makes it even harder for us to scan this thread for recent posts for ideas.

I've been lurking in this thread since it started looking for something I can implement.