Random Tiny CODE Wants

Started by daedroug, April 21, 2009, 11:25:21 PM

You can already do it with arrows :[

Quote from: Gunnerblaster on March 21, 2011, 12:05:32 AM

>toss torch east

You toss a light, flaming torch to the east.

>look east

I hate snakes.
The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong.
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.

I wish you could, in a non-aggressive manner, throw any item into another room.

I cannot begin to tell you how many times I have wished for a:

>toss torch east

>look east

[Near]
A pack of hungry bahamets are here.

Think Good thing I'm smart enough to toss torches into darkened areas.

this harkens unto a want, to be able to see from a dark room into a light, but not the other way around.
The funny little foreign man

I often hear the jingle to -Riunite on ice- when I read the estate name Reynolte, eve though there ain't no ice in Zalanthas.

I thought that was already the case for rooms that are dark at least. If you're in an outdoor room for example, and you "look in cave" or something like that, if it's dark inside, you get told it's dark inside.

I'd like for this to extend to weather though. Like ... it's weird to me that if I am one room north of a huge sandstorm and I look south I can see for 3 rooms. But if I walk south then try to look north I can only see for 1 room.

I'd rather looking south give me just 1 room along with some kind of "there's a big storm there obscuring your vision" the same way that the code would tell you "it's completely dark over there".
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

Quote from: musashi on March 21, 2011, 12:49:47 PM
I thought that was already the case for rooms that are dark at least. If you're in an outdoor room for example, and you "look in cave" or something like that, if it's dark inside, you get told it's dark inside.

I'd like for this to extend to weather though. Like ... it's weird to me that if I am one room north of a huge sandstorm and I look south I can see for 3 rooms. But if I walk south then try to look north I can only see for 1 room.

I'd rather looking south give me just 1 room along with some kind of "there's a big storm there obscuring your vision" the same way that the code would tell you "it's completely dark over there".

Yea, yea, you must of missed my point, it was simply to look into a lite room while standing in a dark room, with out it making it possible to do it in reverse as well.
The funny little foreign man

I often hear the jingle to -Riunite on ice- when I read the estate name Reynolte, eve though there ain't no ice in Zalanthas.

Oh you can't be in a dark room and look out into a lit one? I thought you could.

>toss torch east

>look east

[Near]

> You notice to the east: a light, flaming torch ignites a patch of dried grass, starting a raging flame
"Brain wave, main wave"
Psycho got a high kick
Collect and select
Show me your best set

Quote from: Reiteration on March 21, 2011, 04:19:30 PM

>toss torch east

>look east

[Near]

> You notice to the east: a light, flaming torch ignites a patch of dried grass, starting a raging flame

> You notice to the east: a raging flame dies out swiftly as sands swirl around it!

QuoteA female voice says, in sirihish:
     "] yer a wizard, oashi"

Spooked by the fire, a pack of raging behamets runs in from the east, trampling you.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Quote from: FantasyWriter on March 21, 2011, 05:39:07 PM
Spooked by the fire, a pack of raging behamets runs in from the east, trampling you.
think Why, oh why, did I toss that torch!?

Welcome to Armageddon!

Quote from: musashi on March 21, 2011, 01:53:17 PM
Oh you can't be in a dark room and look out into a lit one? I thought you could.

Pretty sure when you are in a dark room, if you try to look anywhere, you get the darkness message.

This code would be pretty awesome to implement, though. C'mon Morgenes! Toss!
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

Making poles to be part of spear making, it's such a let down to think that a spear-maker had no clue how to fashion a stick to attach a spearhead too.
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

Quote from: askaran on March 22, 2011, 03:58:24 PM
wish I could assess weapons/items when held

This.  And also, use count in containers you're wearing.  And pretty much any other restriction that works in 'inventory,' 'room' and 'target,' but can't be used on items worn by the self.

Quote from: Majikal on March 22, 2011, 02:47:08 PM
Making poles to be part of spear making, it's such a let down to think that a spear-maker had no clue how to fashion a stick to attach a spearhead too.
"Don't take life too seriously, nobody ever makes it out alive anyway."

Quote from: BlackMagic0 on March 22, 2011, 06:02:06 PM

Yes x1000000

Pole recipes, as they are currently coded, consist of cutting raw timber into multiple, straight shafts. This certainly seems like the trade of a lumberjack or woodworker.

However, I would think that a skilled spearmaker should be able to shape spear hafts individually from certain long bones and branches.
"Let us endeavor so to live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry."
- Samuel Clemens

Talking mounts.

Tiredly, an Inix exclaims, in sirihish:
     "... Get your fat arse off me!

Confused, you ask and Inix, in sirihish:
     "Did you just say something?"

Inix are wonderful listeners.

Quote from: Rhyden on March 22, 2011, 07:27:13 PM

Yes x1000000
Yeah... Making a pole out of a log makes alot've sense for a SPEAR MAKER.

Last I checked, it wasn't "spear HEAD maker".
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

Quote from: Gunnerblaster on March 22, 2011, 08:51:05 PM
Quote from: Rhyden on March 22, 2011, 07:27:13 PM

Yes x1000000
Yeah... Making a pole out of a log makes alot've sense for a SPEAR MAKER.

Last I checked, it wasn't "spear HEAD maker".

Make friends with a lumberjack.  Problem solved.  Crafting does not need to be an insular activity even if it usually is.
Quote from: ZhairaI don't really have a problem with drugs OR sex
Quote from: MansaMarc's got the best advice.
Quote from: WarriorPoetIf getting loaded and screwing is wrong, I don't wanna be right.

Quote from: Marc on March 22, 2011, 11:49:45 PM
Crafting does not need to be an insular activity even if it usually is.

As much as that's true, it makes it no less silly that a spearcrafter can't make a spear haft.

more crude looking weapons, less beautiful and etched stuff and more shard of rock tied to a stick, jagged piece of bone wrapped with leather.
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

March 23, 2011, 02:21:55 AM #1772 Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 02:25:05 AM by X-D
Oh hey, I can make a finely crafted spearhead long as your arm from this obsidian, and another from this bone, and another from this shell...but for the life of me I cannot figure out how to take this six foot long branch and turn it into a spear shaft..or this nice long bone of the perfect width...But hey, if you come up with a  pole, I can smooth it down, engrave the entire length and carve a sharp point on it...What, that branch which is the same size and everything...um, no.

That is like a fletcher who can only make arrowheads, or the tailor that can only sew...no cutting allowed.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

You can apply the same logic to lumberjacking in total.  Why can't my extremely wise human not learn to cut a plank from a log over the course of a lifetime.  Hell, you can almost apply it to any mundane skill.

I know it's a RTW and thats cool and specifically to spears, sure, why not?  I don't see a problem that is not entirely dwarfed by the armorcrafting subguild.  That said there are other examples of crafting recipes that need two skills not available from the same sub guild to make AND spear recipes that do not need poles (albeit not a whole hell of a ton that I know of).

To sum up:  Cool!  but you could always meet a friend/partner/merchant to get poles too.  trade is another form of interaction and on EVE online trade is PVP!
Quote from: ZhairaI don't really have a problem with drugs OR sex
Quote from: MansaMarc's got the best advice.
Quote from: WarriorPoetIf getting loaded and screwing is wrong, I don't wanna be right.

March 23, 2011, 02:47:07 AM #1774 Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 02:51:13 AM by X-D
Cepting that the ones who can make poles tend to be rather rare.

And the spears that do not require them number what...3? And at least one of them is a clan item.

Lumberjacks get to do everything they need to do to go with the skills/sub Including many things far beyond what you would expect comparable to the number of things an armorcrafter can do...and sure, an armorcrafter has 1 item he can make that requires a lumberjack or merchant and even that item has More versions that do not require them then do, meanwhile the spearcrafting skill has maybe 2 items that do NOT require them.

AND, all other crafting skills are mostly self supporting, and the ones that are not, the subs come with the supporting skill. But even a weaponscrafter does not come with the supporting skill to make spears.

And as somebody said, the skill is called Spearcrafting...Not Spearhead making.

And no Marc, it does not apply, If your PC has the lumberjacking skill, he can process wood, far beyond even the cutting and making of planks and poles, If your PC has the spearmaking skill He can make spearheads. If your PC has neither skill then he cannot do either, big deal, that part is the way this game works.

And to be honest, if you want to pull the, "find a lumberjack" card then limit that sub to cutting trees down and making planks, poles, blocks and no carving or furniture etc, then at least there would be a glut of poles and planks for the other PCs with the need. As it sits, the moment a lumberjack gets to where he can craft other higher priced and useful items, getting poles out of them is like asking a templar to clean vomit.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job