Random Tiny CODE Wants

Started by daedroug, April 21, 2009, 11:25:21 PM

Quote from: Qzzrbl on March 18, 2011, 02:19:14 AM
I just wanna play a heavy sleeper sometimes, still wanna have the ability to wake up when I choose, and gain the ability to decide if anyone else's wake attempt is enough to actually wake my char.

So pose that?  People will roll with it typically I bet.  Just retype sleep.

Stop suggesting silly workarounds and let my random tiny want be a random tiny want, jeeze!

T^T

I'd like to italicize speech to indicate emphasis. Using characters for -emphasis- is fine too, but not that great. I remember playing Betrayal at Krondor, which used quite a lot of italics, and it seemed to really get the feel better.
Quote from: Rahnevyn on March 09, 2009, 03:39:45 PM
Clans can give stat bonuses and penalties, too. The Byn drop in wisdom is particularly notorious.

Quote from: SMuz on March 18, 2011, 01:26:58 PM
I'd like to italicize speech to indicate emphasis. Using characters for -emphasis- is fine too, but not that great. I remember playing Betrayal at Krondor, which used quite a lot of italics, and it seemed to really get the feel better.

+1

But would THIS work too, for emphasis.  Or is that more like shouting?
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Quote from: Barsook on March 18, 2011, 01:30:31 PM

+1

I'd really like italics, too.  But usually, when a good suggestion like this comes along, Morg will come and say:  "Arm 2."

Arm 2 sounds awesome.

Also, I usually don't take something like THIS as shouting.  THIS IS SHOUTING, OK?

March 18, 2011, 01:48:14 PM #1705 Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 01:59:19 PM by Barsook
Deleted.
Fredd-

Quote from: Kismetic on March 18, 2011, 01:35:19 PM
Quote from: Barsook on March 18, 2011, 01:30:31 PM

+1

I'd really like italics, too.  But usually, when a good suggestion like this comes along, Morg will come and say:  "Arm 2."

Arm 2 sounds awesome.

Also, I usually don't take something like THIS as shouting.  THIS IS SHOUTING, OK?

Wow, you beat me to it.  Arm 2 has built in support for emphasis in speech:

/text/    =>     text
    *text*   =>     text
    _text_   =>     text

Unfortunately due to command-emotes parsing we haven't figured out how to have -text- also be italics.
Morgenes

Producer
Armageddon Staff

Coolness.
Fredd-

That's gonna be sweet.

My RTW:  Assess to show illness/poison.  (Does it?)

Quote from: Kismetic on March 18, 2011, 02:49:07 PM
That's gonna be sweet.

My RTW:  Assess to show illness/poison.  (Does it?)

If you're knowledgable in such things. Yesh.
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

Would be cool if assess -v on pc/npcs was expanded to include rudimentary diagnosis if the related skills were there.

He is young compared to you.
He appears young for his race.
He is shorter than you.
You are slightly heavier than him.
The amos amos man is in moderate condition
The amos amos man does not appear tired.
He appears to be sweating profusely.
He appears very pale.
His eyes appear to be out of focus.

Or whatever.  Could already be in game.
Quote from: ZhairaI don't really have a problem with drugs OR sex
Quote from: MansaMarc's got the best advice.
Quote from: WarriorPoetIf getting loaded and screwing is wrong, I don't wanna be right.

We don't really need to be able to tell if someone is poisoned by assessing them ... I mean, it's pretty obvious in most cases save perhaps one.

And in regards to that one, if they aren't massively cluing you in via their RP they're kind of twinking.
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

Quote from: musashi on March 19, 2011, 07:49:42 AM
We don't really need to be able to tell if someone is poisoned by assessing them ... I mean, it's pretty obvious in most cases save perhaps one.

And in regards to that one, if they aren't massively cluing you in via their RP they're kind of twinking.

I don't tell you your wants are unneeded hamsammie.  Don't rain on my parade!  Empathy!  Support!  That's your calling on the GDB Musashi  :D

RTW: All +hide/+sneak bonuses removed and a lot of -hide/-sneak penalties added to gear in an attempt to balance the hide to scan relationship.
Quote from: ZhairaI don't really have a problem with drugs OR sex
Quote from: MansaMarc's got the best advice.
Quote from: WarriorPoetIf getting loaded and screwing is wrong, I don't wanna be right.

Greater variety of waist armor.

You don't like your codpiece?  :D

We need more than just -one- codpiece.
どんと来い、生活の悪循環!!1!11
Quote from: Yam on March 18, 2011, 09:57:04 AM
There's really nothing wrong with a pretty boy in a dress.

Hey! There are ... ... 2.

While we're wanting that kind of stuff though, I'd like to have some more stuff that goes on the shoulder. Especially in the armor department.

Quote from: musashi on March 19, 2011, 05:33:42 PM

While we're wanting that kind of stuff though, I'd like to have some more stuff that goes on the shoulder. Especially in the armor department.

Leather pauldrons plz.

I'd also like to see more waist armor, or an armor system where certain pieces of armor protect different parts of the body.

Because a cuirass does not just protect your body exclusively.

I've seen some pauldrons, craftable one too.

As for waist armor I would definitely like to see a couple more than a few codpieces and a couple breechguards.
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

Quote from: Majikal on March 19, 2011, 07:37:46 PM
I've seen some pauldrons, craftable one too.

As for waist armor I would definitely like to see a couple more than a few codpieces and a couple breechguards.

So have I, just saying, moar varietiez.

I should probably do some research on different kinds of shoulder armor...

>Help Merchant
>Help Subguild_Armormaker
>Help Mastercraft

QuoteA female voice says, in sirihish:
     "] yer a wizard, oashi"

Quote from: bcw81 on March 19, 2011, 07:46:28 PM
>Help Merchant
>Help Subguild_Armormaker
>Help Mastercraft

Help current_character
Help multiplay
HELP MOTHER!

Anyways, I'm just saying, it would be cool for more mastercrafted pauldron recipes and waist recipes to go in for armors.

March 19, 2011, 09:31:34 PM #1722 Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 10:58:42 PM by hyzhenhok
Quote from: musashi on March 19, 2011, 05:33:42 PM

Waist is a location that you can actually be hit in, though. Shoulder armor has a different function.

I've only seen two things worn on the waist that could be described as "armor," and only one of those was heavy armor.

My random tiny want.

A clear-cut way on how Staff judges whether a person deserves karma or not.

Karma is measured by the player's:

Degree of maturity and responsibility as a role-player, as evidenced by playing roles 'realistically.'
Knowledge of the game world, and an appreciation of the way in which the various races, guilds, and so on, interact.
Role-playing skill, as evidenced by role-playing in such a way as to show that they are really involved in the game world, and also enriching the game world for other players.