Random Tiny CODE Wants

Started by daedroug, April 21, 2009, 11:25:21 PM

I'm with Q.  I use that to update my prompt a lot... or just to make sure that the game or me isn't lagged.
"I am a cipher, wrapped in an enigma, smothered in secret sauce."
- Jimmy James, the man so great they had to name him twice

You plummet to the ground below.
All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Quote from: HavokBlue on March 08, 2011, 01:23:22 AM
You plummet to the ground below.

Way to make me seriously miss one of my favorite characters.

Asshole.

I always read this as Random Tiny Warts.
Quote from: Mooney on April 01, 2011, 04:16:28 PM
The worldly burden of defecation is something I go online to escape.

Lag removed for skills attempted in impossible situations.  The echos usually say you can't even make the attempt, so why are we lagged? i.e. trying bash while mounted
"Daddy, I barfed in my mouth!"

Quote from: Gunnerblaster on March 06, 2011, 11:24:39 PM
Quote from: FantasyWriter on March 06, 2011, 05:26:58 PM
1. Kill a crow (or find a dead one).
2. Set said crow atop an anthill. (may be necessary to cover the carcass and hill with some sort of box and a heavy stone on top to help keep away larger scavengers)
3. Return 24 hour later to claim your prize.
Boiling them works just as efficiently but your way is more pro-nature.

I would think that would make the bone brittle, but I don't know.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Quote from: FantasyWriter on March 09, 2011, 06:39:56 PM

Quote from: The Bone Room (http://www.boneroom.com/faqs/bones.html)
I found a bone, how do I clean it?

First of all, don't boil or bleach bone! Boiling causes fat to soak into the bone, resulting in a greasy, yellowish specimen. Superficial grease can be removed with ammonia and certain industrial solvents, but this is an unpleasant process and cannot remove deep grease which will eventually migrate to the bone surface. Chlorine based bleach irreparably damages the bone itself, resulting in chalky, weak, extremely porous specimens that will turn to bone meal with age.

So, how do you really clean bone?

Maceration - Using bacterial action to clean bone
This is the simplest method of cleaning bone.

1. Remove any remaining tissue or hide from the bone
   2. Immerse the bone in a container of water.
   3. Leave the container in a warm location where you won't mind the smell.
   4. Periodically pour the greasy, smelly water out (gardens love it!) and replace with fresh water.
   5. When the water runs clear, the bacteria have run their course.
   6. Soak the bone in regular drugstore strength hydrogen peroxide until it reaches the whiteness you prefer. This also sterilizes the bone.
   7. You're done!

- or -

Dermestids - our favorite beetle.
If you're going to continue cleaning bones, or are working with very delicate specimens, you may want to start a dermestid colony. Dermestids or museum beetles are a group of small meat-eating beetles whose larvae do a marvelous job of stripping tissue from even the most delicate of bones. This is the method used by professional preparators. Dermestid beetles can be obtained from biological supply houses, local natural history museums or university zoology departments. Once a colony is set up in a warm place, they require minimal maintenance and are capable of stripping entire skulls in a day or two.

I suspect that the second method would be more commonplace on Zalanthas due to the limited supply of water.

"Let us endeavor so to live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry."
- Samuel Clemens

>l i box

Inside a small wooden box:
several palmfuls of large ants
a humanoid skull
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Quote from: Bilanthri on March 09, 2011, 07:52:38 PM
Quote from: FantasyWriter on March 09, 2011, 06:39:56 PM

Quote from: The Bone Room (http://www.boneroom.com/faqs/bones.html)
I found a bone, how do I clean it?

First of all, don't boil or bleach bone! Boiling causes fat to soak into the bone, resulting in a greasy, yellowish specimen. Superficial grease can be removed with ammonia and certain industrial solvents, but this is an unpleasant process and cannot remove deep grease which will eventually migrate to the bone surface. Chlorine based bleach irreparably damages the bone itself, resulting in chalky, weak, extremely porous specimens that will turn to bone meal with age.

So, how do you really clean bone?

Maceration - Using bacterial action to clean bone
This is the simplest method of cleaning bone.

1. Remove any remaining tissue or hide from the bone
   2. Immerse the bone in a container of water.
   3. Leave the container in a warm location where you won't mind the smell.
   4. Periodically pour the greasy, smelly water out (gardens love it!) and replace with fresh water.
   5. When the water runs clear, the bacteria have run their course.
   6. Soak the bone in regular drugstore strength hydrogen peroxide until it reaches the whiteness you prefer. This also sterilizes the bone.
   7. You're done!

- or -

Dermestids - our favorite beetle.
If you're going to continue cleaning bones, or are working with very delicate specimens, you may want to start a dermestid colony. Dermestids or museum beetles are a group of small meat-eating beetles whose larvae do a marvelous job of stripping tissue from even the most delicate of bones. This is the method used by professional preparators. Dermestid beetles can be obtained from biological supply houses, local natural history museums or university zoology departments. Once a colony is set up in a warm place, they require minimal maintenance and are capable of stripping entire skulls in a day or two.

So THAT's what that grey water sold in that one place is.... :)
"Daddy, I barfed in my mouth!"

Well you win most creepy website of the month.

That's absolutely awesome.
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

Random Tiny Want: Gataz.
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → b a

guard <target> <direction>

Attempts to block projectiles coming from that direction from hitting the target.  Most/only effective when equipped with a shield.

guard <direction> <target>

Attempts to prevent <target>, and no one else, from moving in that direction.

Quote from: MeTekillot on March 10, 2011, 06:33:23 PM
Pata gauntlets.

For His noodly appendage?
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

March 10, 2011, 06:57:51 PM #1641 Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 07:23:35 PM by Bilanthri

Quote from: Xeran Van Houten on March 10, 2011, 06:58:53 PM
You want Val Kilmer?

I don't think this is the right thread...

Sometimes a thousand words is just too many, huh?
"Let us endeavor so to live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry."
- Samuel Clemens

You want Val Kilmer?

I don't think this is the right thread...
どんと来い、生活の悪循環!!1!11
Quote from: Yam on March 18, 2011, 09:57:04 AM
There's really nothing wrong with a pretty boy in a dress.

A code designed where finally, after a 14 hour RL hour stint, your character at last decides that it's time to snooze a bit.

Or is that called player logging off >.>?

Required sleeping would piss me off more than anything.
Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

Quote from: Is Friday on March 11, 2011, 08:53:10 AM

+1
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Quote from: Is Friday on March 11, 2011, 08:53:10 AM

Yeah.

However, as said frequently in the past, optional tavern bedroom rentals would be amazing, for those who do want to sleep briefly, but not pay vast amounts of coins to rent an apartment for a week or so.

I'd even design 4-5 bedrooms for Allanak + Tuluk if staff gave the good ole thumbs up.

On pain of losing stuff, why not sleep in the commons xD?

Quote from: Saellyn on March 11, 2011, 09:49:32 AM
On pain of losing stuff, why not sleep in the commons xD?

I've had a few characters sleep in the commons.
Quote from: nessalin on July 11, 2016, 02:48:32 PM
Trunk
hidden by 'body/torso'
hides nipples