Random Tiny CODE Wants

Started by daedroug, April 21, 2009, 11:25:21 PM

Quote from: FantasyWriter on March 03, 2011, 08:22:46 PM
I would love to be able to use the command "sap" with bare fists.

> necksnap

On a serious note, I think that given the way sap seems to work this might be a very bad idea, unless it were nerfed significantly for the bare-fisted approach.  On the other hand, I would -love- someone to fail a sap on me and be weaponless for that kind of lag period.  This literally would be old lennypoppo's necksnap command:  if you hit it, you win...if you miss it, you might as well snap your own neck, because you are fuuuuuuuucked.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

Quote from: Synthesis on March 03, 2011, 10:20:04 PM
Quote from: FantasyWriter on March 03, 2011, 08:22:46 PM
I would love to be able to use the command "sap" with bare fists.

> necksnap

On a serious note, I think that given the way sap seems to work this might be a very bad idea, unless it were nerfed significantly for the bare-fisted approach.  On the other hand, I would -love- someone to fail a sap on me and be weaponless for that kind of lag period.  This literally would be old lennypoppo's necksnap command:  if you hit it, you win...if you miss it, you might as well snap your own neck, because you are fuuuuuuuucked.
Who the Hell was that guy, anyways? (Lennypoppo)

And, put into a different light, as Synth has mentioned - I'd like this.
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

I didn't so much mean to beable to sap with your barehands as sap currently exist, but to be able to attempt to one-hit KO someone.

As said above, the vulnerability after a miss would balance out the advantage quite well.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

You all do realize that getting truly KO'd due to blunt force trauma to the head often results in permanent brain damage, right?  The one-hit, Captain Kirk style KO is also grossly realistic.  A real KO, like in real boxing, isn't someone being unconscious, just ridiculously punch drunk and unable to properly manage gross muscle movement and with little to no coordination.
"I am a cipher, wrapped in an enigma, smothered in secret sauce."
- Jimmy James, the man so great they had to name him twice

Quote from: Marshmellow on March 04, 2011, 04:44:24 AM
You all do realize that getting truly KO'd due to blunt force trauma to the head often results in permanent brain damage, right?  The one-hit, Captain Kirk style KO is also grossly realistic.  A real KO, like in real boxing, isn't someone being unconscious, just ridiculously punch drunk and unable to properly manage gross muscle movement and with little to no coordination.

So we should start derping out once we're sapped?

I'm game.
QuoteSunshine all the time makes a desert.
Vote at TMS
Vote at TMC

Quote from: Feco on March 04, 2011, 09:45:55 AM
Quote from: Marshmellow on March 04, 2011, 04:44:24 AM

So we should start derping out once we're sapped?

I'm game.

Anything'd be better than being out for several IG hours after a little tap on the chin brings you barely over the KO threshold.

Shiny beetles.
"Brain wave, main wave"
Psycho got a high kick
Collect and select
Show me your best set

Quote from: Reiteration on March 04, 2011, 11:09:49 AM
Shiny beetles.

Quote from: www.dictionary.comir·i·des·cent
–adjective
1. displaying a play of lustrous colors like those of the rainbow.

Quote from: www.dictionary.comlus·trous
–adjective
1. having luster;  shining; luminous

Looks like it's your lucky day.

Something that conjugates the # usage in emotes.

Example:

emote As #amos snore, @ knits a beret for ~amos.

Currently, this yields:

To you/room
As he snore, the tracty, tressied woman knits a beret for the tall, muscular man.

To target
As you snore, the tracty, tressied woman knits a beret for you.

Alternately, you could see how adding the 's' doesn't make this correct, either.

I don't know if this topic's been discussed before, and I don't really have time to dig for it.  Perhaps by adding an 's' to the verb that almost always follows #, or he/she in a sentence (or in the case that the word ends in 's' then, add 'es'), you would be grammatically correct 99 times out of 100, at least.  If I'm wrong, feel free to correct me.

Quote from: Kismetic on March 04, 2011, 08:56:06 PM
Something that conjugates the # usage in emotes.

Example:

emote As #amos snore, @ knits a beret for ~amos.

Currently, this yields:

To you/room
As he snore, the tracty, tressied woman knits a beret for the tall, muscular man.

To target
As you snore, the tracty, tressied woman knits a beret for you.

Alternately, you could see how adding the 's' doesn't make this correct, either.

I don't know if this topic's been discussed before, and I don't really have time to dig for it.  Perhaps by adding an 's' to the verb that almost always follows #, or he/she in a sentence (or in the case that the word ends in 's' then, add 'es'), you would be grammatically correct 99 times out of 100, at least.  If I'm wrong, feel free to correct me.

Arm 2
Morgenes

Producer
Armageddon Staff

> em with a chuckle at %amos snores, @ knits a hat for !amos.
"I am a cipher, wrapped in an enigma, smothered in secret sauce."
- Jimmy James, the man so great they had to name him twice

I want a beetle made of glow crystal then, one that lights up rooms.
"Brain wave, main wave"
Psycho got a high kick
Collect and select
Show me your best set

Quote from: Reiteration on March 05, 2011, 12:16:08 AM
I want a beetle made of glow crystal then, one that lights up rooms.

You could ride an irrig beetle, if your size was "tiny."

I want all of those fucking bullshit sinkholes fucking removed. All of them. Fuck everything.
Rickey's Law: People don't want "A story". They want their story.

You know, sinkholes and pits and cliffs seem to kill a fuckload of people (and wagons) on this game.

I propose a new ranger skill that shouts HOLY SHIT THAT IS A CLIFF ARE YOU SURE when you try to go into a pit.

I wish the bandaging skill wasn't trumped entirely by just typing "sleep".

I wish there was an anywhere log-out command for when RL unexpected important stuff come out. I also wish that it would have safeguards to stop miserable twinks abusing it. I also wish that people would carefully consider my idea, then reject it.
Quote from: Wug on August 28, 2013, 05:59:06 AM
Vennant doesn't appear to age because he serves drinks at the speed of light. Now you know why there's no delay on the buy code in the Gaj.

Quote from: BleakOne on March 05, 2011, 07:36:52 AM
I wish there was an anywhere log-out command for when RL unexpected important stuff come out. I also wish that it would have safeguards to stop miserable twinks abusing it. I also wish that people would carefully consider my idea, then reject it.

actually I'm under the impression that hunger and thirst don't go down when you log out at random... but unfortunately this is a game based on realism and its not realistic to see people randomly disappear into midair all the time. magick can't be used as an excuse due to its rarity and the widespread fear and dread of the few who know it.
Quote from: Qzzrbl
THAT MAN IS DEHYDRATING!

QUICK! GIMME A BANDAGE!!

Quote from: Qzzrbl on March 05, 2011, 06:06:13 AM
I wish the bandaging skill wasn't trumped entirely by just typing "sleep".

It isn't.  Not by a long shot.  For at least 4 reasons:

1) Bandage is instantaneous.  You can get up to 60hp instantly, without having to wait for mana, without having to wait for the tick timer, without having to wait for shit.  Just *BAM* +60hp, better than fucking magick.  Also, you don't leave blood trails all over the place, leading potential Bad Guys to your cozy, unconscious soon-to-be-corpse.

2) Bandage is weather-independent.  Go ahead, try sleeping off a near-mortal wound in a sandstorm, and let us know how that works out for you.

3)
Quote from: help bandageA truly talented individual, using high quality bandages may even be able to cure some poisons through skilled first aid.

4) Bandage doesn't prohibit you from waking up if you also happen to be drained of stamina.

Yeah... bandage is pretty much awesome.

One thing I do wish was slightly different about it is that I wish you could bandage minor wounds. It doesn't make a whole lot of practical IC sense to train newbie medics on people in your clan that are actually injured. I mean, it makes sense from a "we gotta get this guy trained up" standpoint, but should a clan really trust their least talented medic to treat real moderate injuries on valuable members of the team? Start him off on nicks and grazes, man!
Quote from: Oryxin a land...where nothing is as it seems
lol
wait wait
in a harsh desert..wait
in a world...where everything's out to kill you
one man (or woman) stands sort of alone
only not really
lol
KURAC

Quote from: Spice Spice Baby on March 05, 2011, 04:21:22 PM
Yeah... bandage is pretty much awesome.

One thing I do wish was slightly different about it is that I wish you could bandage minor wounds. It doesn't make a whole lot of practical IC sense to train newbie medics on people in your clan that are actually injured. I mean, it makes sense from a "we gotta get this guy trained up" standpoint, but should a clan really trust their least talented medic to treat real moderate injuries on valuable members of the team? Start him off on nicks and grazes, man!
The only way I can see to counter-balance this is through IC training. If there are other capable medics, then it would make sense for the intermediate medic to learn the ropes from the more seasoned - Salves, brews, and proper bandaging technique.

If, for example, there is only one medic in the group - Then the best way for them to learn is to try their hand when it's most needed. You're not going to really need a wound dressing on a grazed arm, but emoting applying proper saps could always be logged and sent in for a skill bump.
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

I still want corn.

Seriously, a dwarf with a farming background could have this Focus: Invent (insert synonym for corn here).
Quote from: Qzzrbl
THAT MAN IS DEHYDRATING!

QUICK! GIMME A BANDAGE!!

Corn is just grain commodities.  Common usage in American refers to maize as corn, but it is not.  You can have corn already!
Quote from: ZhairaI don't really have a problem with drugs OR sex
Quote from: MansaMarc's got the best advice.
Quote from: WarriorPoetIf getting loaded and screwing is wrong, I don't wanna be right.

Bandage is the skill I miss most when my PC does not have it.

I want mount tickets to have a picture of the mount.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job