Random Tiny CODE Wants

Started by daedroug, April 21, 2009, 11:25:21 PM

I dig that idea too.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Quote from: Morgenes on February 19, 2011, 11:31:25 PM
Quote from: daedroug on April 21, 2009, 11:25:21 PM
Changed title because I'm adding some other tiny little changes I'd like in new posts

just a quick change easy change for making the position in your prompt make a little more sense as well as to follow the fact that when your fighting it shows it and who your fighting. Anyways, it seems odd to me that it would show that and not the fact that your mounted and what your mounted on, rather then needing to add another variable to show what your mounted on.

This will be in next reboot.  Gone a bit further with it than requested.  '%s' [position] will show what you are sleeping/resting/sitting/standing on, as well as what you are riding. 

Note that '%k' [riding] was not altered.

Totally dig the new patch.

(standing at: a boxy wooden bar)
The funny little foreign man

I often hear the jingle to -Riunite on ice- when I read the estate name Reynolte, eve though there ain't no ice in Zalanthas.

Quote from: brytta.leofa on February 21, 2011, 12:58:59 PM
Soldiers in Allanak and Tuluk have immunity from crime-code; they aren't incriminated when they attack someone.  However, the person they attack will be crimeflagged (I think, at least if he doesn't instantly disengage), and militia/legion NPCs will immediately assist, in a glourious mass beatdown that kills the average PC within a round or two.

PC soldiers would be scarier if they could turn on a nosave-style flag called "no assist."  Here's what it would do: when you turn on no-assist,
- NPCs in your clan will not assist you, and
- PCs whom you attack will not be crime-coded for defending themselves.
- Turning the flag back off while in combat allows your NPC clannies to come to your aid.

This is also applicable to clans besides the militias; there've been plenty of mixups while Sparring Near Guards, for instance, and I bet the Kuraci Fist, stuck up there in Odessa without a fully-functional crime system, would be grateful for the greater selectivity.  But my primary objective is to let soldiers hand out beatdowns without actually instakillin' th' fool.

Barring a half-giant soldier's advance with an arm before cracking his knuckles, the burly, tall man says, in southern-accented sirihish:
   "Stand down, I want to take down this law-breaker myself."

I like it, makes PC militia even more scary.
"Brain wave, main wave"
Psycho got a high kick
Collect and select
Show me your best set

Soldiers in Allanak and Tuluk have immunity from crime-code; they aren't incriminated when they attack someone.  However, the person they attack will be crimeflagged (I think, at least if he doesn't instantly disengage), and militia/legion NPCs will immediately assist, in a glourious mass beatdown that kills the average PC within a round or two.

PC soldiers would be scarier if they could turn on a nosave-style flag called "no assist."  Here's what it would do: when you turn on no-assist,
- Turning the flag back off while in combat allows your NPC clannies to come to your aid.

This is also applicable to clans besides the militias; there've been plenty of mixups while Sparring Near Guards, for instance, and I bet the Kuraci Fist, stuck up there in Odessa without a fully-functional crime system, would be grateful for the greater selectivity.  But my primary objective is to let soldiers hand out beatdowns without actually instakillin' th' fool.

This is like the best idea ever posted on this whole forum.
Quote from: Oryxin a land...where nothing is as it seems
lol
wait wait
in a harsh desert..wait
in a world...where everything's out to kill you
one man (or woman) stands sort of alone
only not really
lol
KURAC

Quote from: Spice Spice Baby on February 22, 2011, 02:47:42 AM

This is like the best idea ever posted on this whole forum.
This would give me an excuse to roll up my bad ass militia officer I've been waiting to play.
Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

I like this. 
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

Quote from: aphex on April 29, 2009, 08:42:42 PM
I want to be able to assess or value a container and be able to see it's "about half full" or what without having to drop/pick up the container or get it from another container.

Next reboot this will be in.  Only caveat is that you have to have equipped or in inventory to get the 'It is very light' part of the message.
Morgenes

Producer
Armageddon Staff

Quote from: Redheart on February 22, 2011, 01:57:06 PM
Quote from: Taven on February 22, 2011, 01:34:46 PM
The thing I prefer about doing a bio In-Game is that it tells you if you're over the character limit by skipping lines.

I think a character counter/ticker would be something easily enough added to the web tool.

/offtopic You beat me to that. ;)
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

One or two extra foods/drinks to buy at bars, and a few more than that at exclusive, get-out-sharp bars. Or just a couple more things available at fancy bars to further exaggerate how much better they are than the Gaj or such. a humans-only bar, since half the time i'm kind of seeing a grey area where discrimination against non-round ears is concerned, as opposed to the concrete elves are crap area. you wouldn't have no funny elf or dwarven food in that bar either, just awesome human food.

A bar slightly closer to either Hathor's Way or one of the two main gates whose general aura provides for most walks of life to be there, like the Kadian bar. that way, the unwashed masses could get a glimpse of noble politicking. I think someone suggest this already. also, adding one more bar might help give Allanak the bigger-than-Tuluk feel I think could be added onto, as Tuluk, just from a single person's standpoint, seems to have more market area in total to walk through.

juice. if there is juice to be drunk in-game, i haven't seen it. coffee? i think i've seen coffee somewhere, but it isn't widely available. might be mistaken. i would really love to see more coffee and juice. also i'd like to see mead, as it is a low-techly made alcohol. i'd like to see corn in-game, mostly for popcorn. i think having small bags of plain, buttered, caramel and honey popcorn would be insanely cool. have a dwarf invent corn or find wild corn or something, and maybe make it a signature meal of a certain area, the way siltfruit is for Red Storm. all you'd need to make it yourself is coded honey/butter/caramel, coded corn, a container and a fire.

kalan, ginka, petoch, and siltfruit juice. tequila. with the introduction of corn: corn chips, cream corn in a bowl. hummus to dip corn chips in as a coded seasoning. i think its a middle-eastern food.
Quote from: Qzzrbl
THAT MAN IS DEHYDRATING!

QUICK! GIMME A BANDAGE!!

A lot of that stuff is already in-game.
Corn doesn't exist.
どんと来い、生活の悪循環!!1!11
Quote from: Yam on March 18, 2011, 09:57:04 AM
There's really nothing wrong with a pretty boy in a dress.

Command emotes for the 'knock' commad that transmit to the next room.
"I am a cipher, wrapped in an enigma, smothered in secret sauce."
- Jimmy James, the man so great they had to name him twice

Quote from: Marshmellow on February 22, 2011, 11:29:16 PM
Command emotes for the 'knock' commad that transmit to the next room.

Do command emotes transfer when opening a door?
"Brain wave, main wave"
Psycho got a high kick
Collect and select
Show me your best set

I do not know.  I've never seen them, if people were using them.
"I am a cipher, wrapped in an enigma, smothered in secret sauce."
- Jimmy James, the man so great they had to name him twice

Would be nice if burning incense would change the SMELL of the room.

sniff room
You smell...blah blah blah incense haze whatever  :)

I have incense burning in the room, but I can still smell the spice, sweat and other less pleasant bodily odors.

Not the incense.

And you can't SNIFF HAZE.  :(
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

A replacement for the old %s in prompt.

My prompt of years is all fubar'd when I sit at tables :-(  My imeersichun!
Quote from: ZhairaI don't really have a problem with drugs OR sex
Quote from: MansaMarc's got the best advice.
Quote from: WarriorPoetIf getting loaded and screwing is wrong, I don't wanna be right.

> craft rock
You could craft a rock into a small rock.
You could craft a rock into a couple of small rocks.
> craft rock into small
There are multiple matches; please be more specific.
> bug rock Solike overlapping recipes, can u fix? thanks.
Your bug report has been filed.
> craft rock into small
There are still multiple matches, sucker. Like it takes some time to fix this stuff.
> sigh
You sigh.
> craft rock into 1.small
You cleverly craft your rock into a small rock.
The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong.
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.

Statistics on the request tool regarding the activity of player accounts.  Ie, how many of each type of request has been filed, and account activity per month.
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

Quote from: valeria on February 25, 2011, 11:14:56 AM
Statistics on the request tool regarding the activity of player accounts.  Ie, how many of each type of request has been filed, and account activity per month.

Have you seen the info on the Weekly Update?  It summarizes the number of requests resolved (not submitted, but resolved), and how long it took for them to be resolved on average.  It also indicates the # of unique accounts that have logged in that week.
Morgenes

Producer
Armageddon Staff

Quote from: Marc on February 25, 2011, 03:00:33 AM
A replacement for the old %s in prompt.

My prompt of years is all fubar'd when I sit at tables :-(  My imeersichun!
This wouldn't be too bad an idea if you could decide between "simple" prompts and "sdesc of whichever item you're sitting at/on".
Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

Quote from: Morgenes on February 25, 2011, 01:05:42 PM
Quote from: valeria on February 25, 2011, 11:14:56 AM

Have you seen the info on the Weekly Update?  It summarizes the number of requests resolved (not submitted, but resolved), and how long it took for them to be resolved on average.  It also indicates the # of unique accounts that have logged in that week.

I know!  It's a cool resource, that's kind of why I want one--I meant for my player account as a player, not for the mud as a whole.  So I can easily figure out how many character reports I've submitted when, how many kudos when.  Just was kind of wondering about my monthly activity, like if I play less in the summer, and if I've stopped giving as many kudos as I used to or if that's just my perception.  Sorting by date or type and then trying to count manually is kind of tedious.  It really is both a random and a tiny want, but I'd find it useful.
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

Ah, your activity, I get it. Sure that's possible. What kind of statistics would you like to see?
Morgenes

Producer
Armageddon Staff

Morg, on the bio/desc viewer page, I would love to see the final skill sheets of past characters...especially those we played before skill levels were displayed.

Actually, my sole reason for wanting this is to see how badd Jakub really was (or wasn't, heh).
The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong.
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.

That wouldn't be so easy.  The descs are stored in a file that I can easily access and parse.  The skills are not as much.  Also the conditional display of the 'how good' would have to be kept in synch between the game and the web tool (not a huge deal, but still something else to consider)
Morgenes

Producer
Armageddon Staff