Random Tiny CODE Wants

Started by daedroug, April 21, 2009, 11:25:21 PM

I want shout emotes to travel to the next room.  I want all overheard things from other rooms to carry the emotes actually.
"I am a cipher, wrapped in an enigma, smothered in secret sauce."
- Jimmy James, the man so great they had to name him twice

Quote from: Marshmellow on February 16, 2011, 10:47:14 PM
I want shout emotes to travel to the next room.  I want all overheard things from other rooms to carry the emotes actually.

How could you tell they were waving their hands in the air like they just don't care from the other side of a door though?
Quote from: Wug on August 28, 2013, 05:59:06 AM
Vennant doesn't appear to age because he serves drinks at the speed of light. Now you know why there's no delay on the buy code in the Gaj.

I'm sure our coders could put in a check so that if exit->flag IS_DOOR is set and door is closed, you don't see the echo, just the shout.. maybe even muffle it a bit.

I'm not 100%  sure if this is or isn't a problem?

I'd really like to be able to use Templar as a keyword when I'm trying to find a templar's mind.

Maybe this already works.. and maybe I've just never done it successfuly, but I have NEVER done it successfuly.

Feedback?
The glowing Nessalin Nebula flickers eternally overhead.
This Angers The Shade of Nessalin.

Quote from: perfecto on February 17, 2011, 05:55:05 AM
I'd really like to be able to use Templar as a keyword when I'm trying to find a templar's mind.

"contact templar" definitely works.
"contact templar rugged" might work.
"contact templar samos" probably doesn't work, if Samos is the given name of the desired templar.  (As described by other folks, mixing names and keywords seems to be problematic.)
The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong.
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.

Emoting is easily abused, as is the "kill" command. Crafting is easily abused. Pretty much anything is easily abused. So.... I've never took much stock in that being a reason to not have it.

Quote from: BleakOne on February 16, 2011, 11:10:52 PM
Quote from: Marshmellow on February 16, 2011, 10:47:14 PMI want shout emotes to travel to the next room.  I want all overheard things from other rooms to carry the emotes actually.
How could you tell they were waving their hands in the air like they just don't care from the other side of a door though?
How can you see me smiling when I emote in the dark or when your character is unconscious?  I'm responsible for using an emote that makes sense.  If I shout "angrily" or "mockingly" though, I want it to make it to those people I'm shouting at.

I wish we had sheaths and scabbards.

Quote from: Drayab on February 17, 2011, 05:46:14 PM
I wish we had sheaths and scabbards.

We do, but they're not very widely used. :(

They're not necessary for belt-sheathing so they often get avoided. Wearing a sheath on your back gives you another 'weapon slot', but in exchange you must forego wearing a bow or shield or backpack back there.

Special sheaths which go on arms, wrists, ankles etc are conversely very popular and generally more common. 

Well, I know about those ankle/wrist sheaths, but they are only for little weapons. What I am talking about is a real sheath or scabbard you hang on your belt to put a sword in, or a harness and loop on your back to secure that giant axe. Some sword belts and such describe tooling to secure weapons, but I wish it was a separate object so that I could remove the scabbard and sword as a single item to, for example, stow away in my chest of phat loots.

I've never seen one of these back sheaths before, but it sounds like what I'm wishing I could find.

Scabbards are indeed in the game.
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

If they are, they should be more widely available.
All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Updated RTW: I want shops that sell weapons to also sell these mythical scabbards as a standard item. It makes no sense that they should be so rare.

Don't see how the echoes into the next room thing could be abused really. To suggest not adding something because of the .05% abuse rate vs th 99.95% badass awesome add is ridiculous to me.

Random tiny want:
Fist weapons to be their own weapon type. Not just bludgeoning.
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

Wish the 'taste' of spices/seasonings added to something like 'a loaf of bread' would transfer over to 'a slice of bread' that you cut/craft from it.
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

I wish there were more digging sticks in the game.

Quote from: solera on February 18, 2011, 01:00:05 PM
I wish there were more digging sticks in the game.

I've never seen one, but I would really like to have one.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Digging sticks are craftable.  I can not remember if that was a clan-specific craft, though.  If it was, they are no longer craftable by anyone in game... so you could talk to staff about that in a request if you think you should be able to make one.  (Pretty sure it was crafted using the 'tool making'.)

Quote from: BleakOne on February 16, 2011, 06:21:48 PM
Quote from: Potaje on February 16, 2011, 06:16:37 PM
a bar command that lets you order drinks for other people and have tha bartender serve it to them.

That would be great. I support this.

I've done this with just emotes, letting a VNPC serve the drinks.

Quote from: daedroug on April 21, 2009, 11:25:21 PM
Changed title because I'm adding some other tiny little changes I'd like in new posts

just a quick change easy change for making the position in your prompt make a little more sense as well as to follow the fact that when your fighting it shows it and who your fighting. Anyways, it seems odd to me that it would show that and not the fact that your mounted and what your mounted on, rather then needing to add another variable to show what your mounted on.

This will be in next reboot.  Gone a bit further with it than requested.  '%s' [position] will show what you are sleeping/resting/sitting/standing on, as well as what you are riding. 

Note that '%k' [riding] was not altered.
Morgenes

Producer
Armageddon Staff

Soldiers in Allanak and Tuluk have immunity from crime-code; they aren't incriminated when they attack someone.  However, the person they attack will be crimeflagged (I think, at least if he doesn't instantly disengage), and militia/legion NPCs will immediately assist, in a glourious mass beatdown that kills the average PC within a round or two.

PC soldiers would be scarier if they could turn on a nosave-style flag called "no assist."  Here's what it would do: when you turn on no-assist,
- NPCs in your clan will not assist you, and
- PCs whom you attack will not be crime-coded for defending themselves.
- Turning the flag back off while in combat allows your NPC clannies to come to your aid.

This is also applicable to clans besides the militias; there've been plenty of mixups while Sparring Near Guards, for instance, and I bet the Kuraci Fist, stuck up there in Odessa without a fully-functional crime system, would be grateful for the greater selectivity.  But my primary objective is to let soldiers hand out beatdowns without actually instakillin' th' fool.

Quote from: brytta.leofa on February 21, 2011, 12:58:59 PM
Soldiers in Allanak and Tuluk have immunity from crime-code; they aren't incriminated when they attack someone.  However, the person they attack will be crimeflagged (I think, at least if he doesn't instantly disengage), and militia/legion NPCs will immediately assist, in a glourious mass beatdown that kills the average PC within a round or two.

PC soldiers would be scarier if they could turn on a nosave-style flag called "no assist."  Here's what it would do: when you turn on no-assist,
- NPCs in your clan will not assist you, and
- PCs whom you attack will not be crime-coded for defending themselves.
- Turning the flag back off while in combat allows your NPC clannies to come to your aid.

This is also applicable to clans besides the militias; there've been plenty of mixups while Sparring Near Guards, for instance, and I bet the Kuraci Fist, stuck up there in Odessa without a fully-functional crime system, would be grateful for the greater selectivity.  But my primary objective is to let soldiers hand out beatdowns without actually instakillin' th' fool.

Dude, awesome. Yes please.

I've always held back with Militia characters for this very reason.
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~