Random Tiny CODE Wants

Started by daedroug, April 21, 2009, 11:25:21 PM

Quote from: Nyr on February 08, 2011, 11:56:46 PM
Moderated a post out of here.  Please limit this thread to unrelated code wants, limiting the tangents they go off on.  Thanks!

Bolded for emphasis, moderated again.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

I want simple meat (no complex recipe) to not burn anymore at advanced skill level.  :-\

It's a bit silly when it -still- burns after 50 failures... shouldn't the character in question eventually learn to watch the meat, and turn it over in time?

Yeah, cooking is way wonk.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

I want the interaction between backstab and mercy to be more complex, such that a skilled assassin could in fact use them both at the same time.

Am I bringing up "murmur/whisper self' again? You bet'cha I am.

Please? :(

QuoteA female voice says, in sirihish:
     "] yer a wizard, oashi"

Command emote for "knock".

knock door
The tall, muscular man knocks on the door.
Someone knocks on the door from the other side.

knock door (slams on the door three times)
The tall, muscular man slams on the door three times.
Someone slams on the door three times from the other side.

knock curtain
The tall, muscular man knocks on the curtain.
Someone knocks on the curtain from the other side.

knock curtain (rustles the curtain)
The tall, muscular man rustles the curtain.
Someone rustles the curtain from the other side.

Instead of a command emote why not just make it an emote that is heard on the other side of the door?

Quote from: jstorrie on February 12, 2011, 04:30:24 PM
I want the interaction between backstab and mercy to be more complex, such that a skilled assassin could in fact use them both at the same time.

I've never instakill-backstabbed someone with mercy on, but I've mort-wounded several folks.  I suppose it's possible that my skills/stats were simply in the sweet-spot.  At any rate, I'd be surprised if it weren't already taken into account.

Anyway, if you're -that- skilled at backstab, but you don't want to kill them, might I suggest skill_sap?
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

I think it would be cool if people could try to break a locked door open with sheer brute force. However, doing so in public or a hallway would get you crimcoded. That wouldn't stop the Templar's giants from knocking the door down when sneaky criminal runs into his apartment and locks the door, however.
Quote from: Wug on August 28, 2013, 05:59:06 AM
Vennant doesn't appear to age because he serves drinks at the speed of light. Now you know why there's no delay on the buy code in the Gaj.

Quote from: BleakOne on February 13, 2011, 01:33:39 AM
I think it would be cool if people could try to break a locked door open with sheer brute force. However, doing so in public or a hallway would get you crimcoded. That wouldn't stop the Templar's giants from knocking the door down when sneaky criminal runs into his apartment and locks the door, however.

You only think it would be cool because you haven't thought it all the way through to its game-destroying potential for twinkish abuse.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

Quote from: Synthesis on February 13, 2011, 01:02:38 AMI've never instakill-backstabbed someone with mercy on, but I've mort-wounded several folks.  I suppose it's possible that my skills/stats were simply in the sweet-spot.  At any rate, I'd be surprised if it weren't already taken into account.

Anyway, if you're -that- skilled at backstab, but you don't want to kill them, might I suggest skill_sap?

You can suggest it but it's not what I'm looking for, Synthesis.

Quote from: Synthesis on February 13, 2011, 01:49:27 AM
Quote from: BleakOne on February 13, 2011, 01:33:39 AM

You only think it would be cool because you haven't thought it all the way through to its game-destroying potential for twinkish abuse.

Probably true.
Vennant doesn't appear to age because he serves drinks at the speed of light. Now you know why there's no delay on the buy code in the Gaj.

Quote from: Drayab on January 26, 2011, 02:38:09 PM
I want idle-logout for Arm 1.0.  ::)

This is in for Arm2 so don't worry.

Quote from: jstorrie on February 13, 2011, 01:51:13 AM
Quote from: Synthesis on February 13, 2011, 01:02:38 AMI've never instakill-backstabbed someone with mercy on, but I've mort-wounded several folks.  I suppose it's possible that my skills/stats were simply in the sweet-spot.  At any rate, I'd be surprised if it weren't already taken into account.

You can suggest it but it's not what I'm looking for, Synthesis.

I thought of Sap, first thing as well, but then I thought, perhaps its the desire to whisper something into their ear just before they die, such as " Should of payed your taxes. (This message is Templar approved.)"

My tiny want is to have a conceal command for objects in a room, so that they are openly hidden, like under a table that has cloth draped over it.

I believe perhaps something in 2.Arm is slated for this, but if not, I hope it is considered.
The funny little foreign man

I often hear the jingle to -Riunite on ice- when I read the estate name Reynolte, eve though there ain't no ice in Zalanthas.

To be able to cancel/edit your own f-in' regular application.

This would save much player grief and staff work.

The short, bearded man sits here waiting on the upcoming "be more careful during chargen" reply to his ask the staff post.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Something like Atonement's hide function where you can hide items in a room based on your hide skill.

It's not the best, but it's better than nothing.
All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Holy shit this thing is still going? lol
I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.
     -Douglas Adams

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
     -Douglas Adams

A 'behind the ear' slot so all the bald humanoids can slip a tube of spice there instead of 'in their hair'.
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Quote from: DesertT on February 16, 2011, 08:19:38 AM
A 'behind the ear' slot so all the bald humanoids can slip a tube of spice there instead of 'in their hair'.

Or for everyone.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Probably asked for a million times...

Conditions on weapons, like armor, that can be repaired.
An actual item when a weapon breaks, that can potentially be salvaged.
"Daddy, I barfed in my mouth!"

a bar command that lets you order drinks for other people and have tha bartender serve it to them.
The funny little foreign man

I often hear the jingle to -Riunite on ice- when I read the estate name Reynolte, eve though there ain't no ice in Zalanthas.

Quote from: Potaje on February 16, 2011, 06:16:37 PM
a bar command that lets you order drinks for other people and have tha bartender serve it to them.

OOOO, nice. Maybe it could work like the "backroom" code.
>round #5 me amos malik sinewy breed
Grebber - One who grebs.

Quote from: Potaje on February 16, 2011, 06:16:37 PM

That would be great. I support this.

To be able to throw echos into the next room.

Something like

echo laughter filters in from another room.

You can overhear talking, but you can't hear the tone or any laughter or such. Would be cool to be able to send your own echos to the next room I think.

Quote from: Tenua on February 16, 2011, 07:24:36 PM
To be able to throw echos into the next room.

Something like

echo laughter filters in from another room.

You can overhear talking, but you can't hear the tone or any laughter or such. Would be cool to be able to send your own echos to the next room I think.

Before Synthesis says it:

Easily abused, but otherwise a good idea, if the player-base were responsible enough for it.

More flavor with bar-room brawls would be nice.