Random Tiny CODE Wants

Started by daedroug, April 21, 2009, 11:25:21 PM

Quote from: Marshmellow on February 01, 2011, 06:09:13 AM
You mean for containers to have piles of coins joined together as they are in your inventory?  No thanks.  I actually like occasionally putting them in in chunks so that I don't have to get out all 1000 coins in one go.  Sometimes, also, you could prevent yourself being able to get the coins out if you keep putting coins into a chest, for example, because the combined pile would be too heavy for you to lift.

That what banks are for.  Er, nevermind.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Quote from: Barsook on February 01, 2011, 08:22:15 AM
Quote from: Marshmellow on February 01, 2011, 06:09:13 AM
You mean for containers to have piles of coins joined together as they are in your inventory?  No thanks.  I actually like occasionally putting them in in chunks so that I don't have to get out all 1000 coins in one go.  Sometimes, also, you could prevent yourself being able to get the coins out if you keep putting coins into a chest, for example, because the combined pile would be too heavy for you to lift.

That what banks are for.  Er, nevermind.

Not everyone can (or would want to) use a bank. The way money works now allows for more flexibility.

My random tiny want: Voting links for TMS and TMC in the MOTD.

Quote from: Barsook on February 01, 2011, 05:33:25 AM
WTF did I say, I meant when you put coins in they get added to the count in the bag.

tested:

You get your pile of allanaki coins from chest.
There were several small in coins.
It is very light.

put 100 sid bag
You put your pile of allanaki coins into your plain bag of cloth.

put 100 sid bag

put 100 sid bag

l in bag
In a plain bag of cloth (carried) :
a few piles of allanaki coins
The funny little foreign man

I often hear the jingle to -Riunite on ice- when I read the estate name Reynolte, eve though there ain't no ice in Zalanthas.

Thanks, never knew that.
Fredd-

Wait, NO!  That's want I don't want!  I want ONE pile.
Fredd-

Quote from: Barsook on February 02, 2011, 08:49:03 PM
Wait, NO!  That's want I don't want!  I want ONE pile.

Oh i get it, to be able to pull an exact or precises number of coins from a single pile in a bag or pack, ie.

get 10 sid pack (drawing from the pile of coins)

with out having to break it up or pull them all out. Yes that would be nice.

I often hear the jingle to -Riunite on ice- when I read the estate name Reynolte, eve though there ain't no ice in Zalanthas.

lol. Everyone is getting so confused over this.

QuoteYou are carrying:
100 coins

In a generic bag:
20 coins

>put coins bag

In a generic bag:
120 coins

That's what she wants. For the coins to automatically stack.
Live like God.
Love like God.

"Don't let life be your burden."
- Some guy, Twin Warriors

Yeah. I'd like that.

I hate having to constantly 'get coins pack', 'put coins pack'.

I'd like to just put the coins into my pack without having to get the other pile out - and still have them "mass" together as one item instead of multiples.
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

As others have noted, it's entirely possible to accumulate a pile of 'sid that your character is codedly unable to pick up at one time.  If coins automatically stacked, it would lead to situations where you stuffed 10 more coins in your pack and suddenly you couldn't get any of the goddamn coins out of the pack until you dropped some armor or something.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

I think it would be cool if there was a way that the Armageddon system stored old kudos. Right now you can, via the request tool, look at kudos you have sent, but there is no way (to my knowledge) to look at kudos that you have received. You can look at requests, and biographies of dead characters, why not have a way to look at all the kudos you have received?
As of February 2017, I no longer play Armageddon.

Open gmail, search for "kudos".

Having something serverside that did this would be difficult, because kudos are not automatic. The staff actually physically 'delivers' them - via email - to their intended target.
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → b a

Quote from: Wasteland Raider on February 03, 2011, 01:58:48 PM
Open gmail, search for "kudos".

Having something serverside that did this would be difficult, because kudos are not automatic. The staff actually physically 'delivers' them - via email - to their intended target.

The problem with this is that if for some reason an email fails to send, or if you have a wonky spam filter on (it does happen sometimes, spam filters can do random things), you might never see the kudos and there's no record of it that you can see. It would be nice if you could have a spot to check it, logged with the other stuff. Maybe there could be some way to set it up where when the staff emails it out, it also adds it to a spot on the website, without any extra input work. I don't know if this is actually possible, but I would really love it.
As of February 2017, I no longer play Armageddon.

I would like to see more "you are hungry" messages when smoking all sorts of spice.
Live like God.
Love like God.

Quote from: Chettaman on February 04, 2011, 06:51:33 PM
I would like to see more "you are hungry" messages when smoking all sorts of spice.

Spice isn't marijuana.

I know one sort of spice gives you that message.

I also want to see more nievity of more people who seem to join certain groups with so much knowledge of what's going on and how things are done.
Live like God.
Love like God.

February 04, 2011, 07:44:47 PM #1465 Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 11:31:32 PM by Synthesis

to be able to make more than only one scrap of cloth from a length of cloth.

Moderated a post out of here.  Please limit this thread to unrelated code wants, limiting the tangents they go off on.  Thanks!
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

inv
A urban-camouflaged facewrap

wear facewrap
you wear an urban-camouflaged facewrap about your throat

raise facewrap
you raise your urban-camouflaged facewrap to your face

lower facewrap
you pull the urban-camouflaged facewrap down around your throat

A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

You know how in the first series of Spartacus: Blood for sands, or whatever, they had the arena, then they had the lower class or ranking, pits which seemed to be no more than some large open room some place in the city. I wish there where a couple of places around Nak for such, more low brow betting/ fighting competitions. Perhaps with one southside or even in the Rinth that a certain two underworld guilds co-owned and made reasonably safe for south siders to attend. Of coarse only reasonably safe. For one could still be target'd in the crowd for assassination, though somewhat frowned on, else the whole thing would simply fall apart and not be attended.

Having made it through the first few episodes, it seems to me the clearest parallel between that show and Armageddon is how obnoxiously long it takes for the main character to get good at doing things.
Quote from: Barzalene
Besides if a Jihaen walks in on you, he walked in on you. He can't be too upset if he sees your peepee. He might have a legitimate gripe though if the manner in which you use it isn't subtle.

If this hasn't been suggested/turned down already, I'd like to see

Dream <etc etc dream>

dream A massive carru head leers at you, demanding a game of Kruth cards:

becomes either:

You dream a massive carru head leers at you, demanding a game of Kruth cards

or a stand alone

A massive carru head leers at you, demanding a game of Kruth cards.

I see it as an extension of Think, and it allows sleep to actually contribute to RP as opposed to being something that I can see many people skipping since it cuts into the day.

Since we're able to emote in our sleep (at least I think we are) you could flesh it out with

emote tosses and turning, mumbling about carru.

Try ">Think" while sleeping.

QuoteA female voice says, in sirihish:
     "] yer a wizard, oashi"

An 'urgent' flag for character reports.

Unless maybe this already exists?

Quote from: Erythil on February 11, 2011, 02:06:07 AM
An 'urgent' flag for character reports.

Unless maybe this already exists?

This would be lovely.

One thing I miss about being able to add subjects to my report emails was being able to add "URGENT" or "IMPORTANT" to the front.

Sometimes even a five day turnaround is too long. And that's assuming your reports actually get answered within five days.
Quote from: Oryxin a land...where nothing is as it seems
lol
wait wait
in a harsh desert..wait
in a world...where everything's out to kill you
one man (or woman) stands sort of alone
only not really
lol
KURAC