Random Tiny CODE Wants

Started by daedroug, April 21, 2009, 11:25:21 PM

Ain't gonna work.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Quote from: Barsook on January 28, 2011, 10:43:56 AM
Ain't gonna work.

sigh. yeah, i kinda knew that. but its fun to dream.
Quote from: Qzzrbl
THAT MAN IS DEHYDRATING!

QUICK! GIMME A BANDAGE!!

Quote from: Cindy42 on January 28, 2011, 10:37:27 AM
i really, really wish that, when we don't have characters currently alive IG, we could apply for ghost characters who, wouldn't be able to do anything but observe the world, and after applying for a new character of any type, be unable to play for a few days in order to prevent the abuse of the system. there's so many stories out there. and some areas like the nobles quarters could be off limits and such. unfortunately i'd actually be very worried about system abuse or IC-sensitives if this were ever to be implemented.

Thats the kind of post I'd expect Nyr would hit me for if I made it.
"Brain wave, main wave"
Psycho got a high kick
Collect and select
Show me your best set

Quote from: Cindy42 on January 28, 2011, 10:37:27 AM
i really, really wish that, when we don't have characters currently alive IG, we could apply for ghost characters who, wouldn't be able to do anything but observe the world, and after applying for a new character of any type, be unable to play for a few days in order to prevent the abuse of the system. there's so many stories out there. and some areas like the nobles quarters could be off limits and such. unfortunately i'd actually be very worried about system abuse or IC-sensitives if this were ever to be implemented.

One of the many Fallacies with in this thinking is that of having to go a head and wait longer to actually play. I would preffer to suffer the one day, maybe two at most to wait for my new character, rather than be a fly on the wall that can effect no change, give me information that I should not use, but ultimately then know and for god sake we all know that knowing something and not telling others is like having weed in your pipe and not smoking.. Or the best candy in the world and not eating it, or the hottest person in your bed wanting sex and not ever having sex, or Christmas presents and not opening them, ever... what.

I have a word for this thought, Re-cock-u-lace.
The funny little foreign man

I often hear the jingle to -Riunite on ice- when I read the estate name Reynolte, eve though there ain't no ice in Zalanthas.

January 29, 2011, 03:41:18 AM #1429 Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 04:52:53 AM by perfecto
Quote from: FantasyWriter on January 26, 2011, 05:55:42 AM
Because,  in the end, this is a MUD, not a MUSH.

Just ask the people who have died of thirst/hunger in bars, clan compounds, etc how many got rez'ed.
In the end, code trumps RP.

And this is why I love this game.. no matter how much trouble you get yourself into... it's your fault, nobody is going to bail you out.

Unless Krath exploded while you were staring at it... then maybe...
The glowing Nessalin Nebula flickers eternally overhead.
This Angers The Shade of Nessalin.

[/quot.

Unless Krath exploded while you were staring at it... then maybe...
[/quote]

Stop giving away m' special app'ed powers on the GDB.

I often hear the jingle to -Riunite on ice- when I read the estate name Reynolte, eve though there ain't no ice in Zalanthas.

I want at least some sentient NPCs to have mercy on, and just take a bunch of valuable shit from players, leaving them for dead instead of making sure their dead.

Harsh is cool, but I really don't like getting killed before 'flee' even has the chance to work.  It really isn't fun at all.  Death /can/ be fun and acceptable.

If I'm around a silt horror, fine, just crush my torso in.  I don't think a mugger should just chop your fucking head off.

Maybe it's just me.  Being grumpy.
QuoteSunshine all the time makes a desert.
Vote at TMS
Vote at TMC

Quote from: Feco on January 30, 2011, 12:33:09 PM
I want at least some sentient NPCs to have mercy on, and just take a bunch of valuable shit from players, leaving them for dead instead of making sure their dead.

Harsh is cool, but I really don't like getting killed before 'flee' even has the chance to work.  It really isn't fun at all.  Death /can/ be fun and acceptable.

If I'm around a silt horror, fine, just crush my torso in.  I don't think a mugger should just chop your fucking head off.

Some do have mercy on, and strip valuable things from you.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

Quote from: Synthesis on January 30, 2011, 12:38:48 PM

Some do have mercy on, and strip valuable things from you.

Well.

That's good, I guess.  Random tiny want accomplished?
QuoteSunshine all the time makes a desert.
Vote at TMS
Vote at TMC

They have mercy on, strip your valuable shit, then club you back down to negative health when you wake back up. Wheeee.

Quote from: MeTekillot on January 30, 2011, 02:19:57 PM
They have mercy on, strip your valuable shit, then club you back down to negative health when you wake back up. Wheeee.

NPCs gotta train skills too, man!
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

I had an EFFING AWESOME death one time. i was actually happy i died. wonderfuly detailed, surprising, yet not random, beautiful. like a deadly opera where i'm the main character, and you guys saw my bloody insides, and learned that my intestines were yellow and my pancreas green.

i could have fleed but it was too fast and too awesome.
Quote from: Qzzrbl
THAT MAN IS DEHYDRATING!

QUICK! GIMME A BANDAGE!!

Quote from: Cindy42 on January 30, 2011, 03:06:29 PM
I had an EFFING AWESOME death one time. i was actually happy i died. wonderfuly detailed, surprising, yet not random, beautiful. like a deadly opera where i'm the main character, and you guys saw my bloody insides, and learned that my intestines were yellow and my pancreas green.

You too? I don't feel as special now.
*highfive* by the way.
Live like God.
Love like God.

"Don't let life be your burden."
- Some guy, Twin Warriors

Quote from: Chettaman on January 30, 2011, 08:06:22 PM
Quote from: Cindy42 on January 30, 2011, 03:06:29 PM

You too? I don't feel as special now.
*highfive* by the way.

One of my favs involved an assassin stepping from the shadows and leveling a hand-crossbow on a noble and their aide.

He didn't survive the ensuing violence.

Edit to add something relevent:

I want it to be slightly safer to navigate the Sea of Silt.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Stackable coins when you put them in a container.
Fredd-

Quote from: Barsook on January 31, 2011, 09:18:16 PM

I like being able to group coins into "purses" of 100 coins, or whatever the character does.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Quote from: FantasyWriter on January 31, 2011, 09:34:19 PM
Quote from: Barsook on January 31, 2011, 09:18:16 PM

I like being able to group coins into "purses" of 100 coins, or whatever the character does.

You can:

put # sid [container]

they only group in a lump sum if you put them in your inventory.

> i
In your inventory:
145 coins
> craft coins into stack of coins
You begin crafting
You assemble a bunch of coins into a stack.
> i
In your inventory:
A stack of 100 coins.
45 coins

?
"I am a cipher, wrapped in an enigma, smothered in secret sauce."
- Jimmy James, the man so great they had to name him twice

I'd rather everybody have a coinpurse object, limiting the amount of coin easily accessible on your person.  Everything over that amount has to be stored elsewhere.  You do not have to 'get coins coinpurse', it counts as in your inventory, and different types have varying securities from thieves who can steal coinpurses from everyone.

Always wanted some form of this done, just to make things...more real than a bunch of people carrying loads of coins in their backpack and taking them all out every time they buy something.
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

Have you thought that one through, Armaddict?  Your coin's all in your inventory?  Time to roll up a pick-pocket if that change goes in.

Why not buy -actual- pouches and put said number of coins in each and put -those- in your backpack?

If there isn't a person already, I want someone to sell bags up north. So I can do this now too.
Live like God.
Love like God.

WTF did I say, I meant when you put coins in they get added to the count in the bag.
Fredd-

You mean for containers to have piles of coins joined together as they are in your inventory?  No thanks.  I actually like occasionally putting them in in chunks so that I don't have to get out all 1000 coins in one go.  Sometimes, also, you could prevent yourself being able to get the coins out if you keep putting coins into a chest, for example, because the combined pile would be too heavy for you to lift.

No, not all your coins in your inventory.  Read through it more carefully, it's actually to keep coins -out- of your inventory.

Mostly...just because the way money is used in the game is ridiculous.  Heh.
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

I feel bad for making Barsook type, "WTF".

"Get # coins bag" Would be awesome. Just like withdraw and deposit - without the bank.

Dung battle, Krath dammit. I seriously want to be able to fight over the poop.
>Dung battle amos
You get into a fist fray with the tall, muscular man!
Live like God.
Love like God.