Random Tiny CODE Wants

Started by daedroug, April 21, 2009, 11:25:21 PM

Quote from: Fredd on January 20, 2011, 08:56:53 PM
Quote from: Nyr

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Re: A forums all out own
« Reply #1 on: Today at 09:25:58 AM »

Quote from: jhunter on October 27, 2004, 10:22:39 AM
) No new clans will be opened (or re-opened). This includes staff and player-driven clans, as well as currently closed clans. This is true unilaterally; no exceptions will be made. We'll re-examine this policy at the end of three months.

Player-driven clans? You mean we can't make a clan completely ICly now?

Quote from: Xygax on October 27, 2004, 10:37:28 AM
You can form associations with other PCs, of course.  This rule simply means that you will not receive much (if any) staff support for them.

Quote from: Sanvean on October 27, 2004, 11:28:28 AM
You can roleplay as you like, and if part of that involves forming IC groups, or running family/tribe members, you are welcome to.  However, you cannot form a clan and expect us to provide the following: board forums, clan code; clan-specific items, crafting, scars, tattoos, accents, languages, mounts, etc.  This is not to imply that we have been providing all of the above for player-driven clans, but are numbered among the things that have been requested in the past for them.

I'de like that since this post says it would be reevaluated in three months and it's been 7 years.... You Know... it be revaluated as a " case by case basis, don't expect fast reply's" sort of deal.

Yeah not only that, but several clans have closed, and re-open, since that post. And there -have- been new "official" clans formed since then as well. So, that information was valid in 2004. It has already been proven obscure and incorrect, since.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

January 20, 2011, 09:54:38 PM #1376 Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 11:47:34 PM by Nyr
Quote from: Lizzie on January 20, 2011, 09:03:28 PM

Yeah not only that, but several clans have closed, and re-open, since that post. And there -have- been new "official" clans formed since then as well. So, that information was valid in 2004. It has already been proven obscure and incorrect, since.

I'm not really surprised to see this (even from a seasoned GDB arguer), but sure, I'll toss in:

<insert more recent quotes about no new clans>

Quote from: Sanvean on May 16, 2008, 03:59:05 PM
As noted in the staff announcements post, after talking about it at the AIM, we're going to lift the moratorium on building for Arm 1.0, but keep to the no new clans policy. By building, I mean the creation of rooms with accompanying objects and NPCS, but this could also include sets of objects or NPCs.

This policy has been in effect, really, since after the announcement of Armageddon Reborn.  I'm not really going to dig around for a more recent post about this.  I'm certain there is one.

<insert fresh quote that just says "no, we're not making a forum for whatever indie clan idea you have, sorry, we appreciate you playing but we're not changing policy on this">

Quote from: Nyr, talking right nowThis has (more or less) always meant "no new clans," and if there was a review between the original post in 2004 and the quoted post referring to an earlier post in 2008, it doesn't really matter at this point in time.  We've created some occasional new clans to fill gaps, and closed some occasional clans due to them either not fitting in the game world or to open room for another clan.  There were no city-elf clans that were accessible to all manner of mundane PCs; we added two of those (thanks to Shaloonsh).  The Council was created and dissolved with IC actions.  The "expansion division" (awesome though it was) was created and dissolved IC and wasn't its own clan, it was within another clan.  The Atrium was created before this, and is "closed" now because it's, ah, closed.  The Haruch Kemad was something something IC.  Halflings were something something IC.  House Nenyuk is closed for OOC reasons.

Feel free to make new clans, but there's no guarantee that we'll support it with coded stuff or a forum (and more than likely, we probably will not).

edited to attribute first statement correctly
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

January 20, 2011, 11:39:19 PM #1377 Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 11:43:43 PM by Fredd
Quote from: Nyr on January 20, 2011, 09:54:38 PM
I'm not really surprised to see this (even from a seasoned GDB arguer), but sure, I'll toss in:

<insert more recent quotes about no new clans>

Quote from: Sanvean on May 16, 2008, 03:59:05 PM
As noted in the staff announcements post, after talking about it at the AIM, we're going to lift the moratorium on building for Arm 1.0, but keep to the no new clans policy. By building, I mean the creation of rooms with accompanying objects and NPCS, but this could also include sets of objects or NPCs.

This policy has been in effect, really, since after the announcement of Armageddon Reborn.  I'm not really going to dig around for a more recent post about this.  I'm certain there is one.

<insert fresh quote that just says "no, we're not making a forum for whatever indie clan idea you have, sorry, we appreciate you playing but we're not changing policy on this">

Quote from: Nyr, talking right nowThis has (more or less) always meant "no new clans," and if there was a review between the original post in 2004 and the quoted post referring to an earlier post in 2008, it doesn't really matter at this point in time.  We've created some occasional new clans to fill gaps, and closed some occasional clans due to them either not fitting in the game world or to open room for another clan.  There were no city-elf clans that were accessible to all manner of mundane PCs; we added two of those (thanks to Shaloonsh).  The Council was created and dissolved with IC actions.  The "expansion division" (awesome though it was) was created and dissolved IC and wasn't its own clan, it was within another clan.  The Atrium was created before this, and is "closed" now because it's, ah, closed.  The Haruch Kemad was something something IC.  Halflings were something something IC.  House Nenyuk is closed for OOC reasons.

Feel free to make new clans, but there's no guarantee that we'll support it with coded stuff or a forum (and more than likely, we probably will not).

Am i a seasoned GDB arguer? Man, I got a bad rep i guess.

I didn't mean to argue, I just wanted to bring up that the info was outdated, massively. But I see now that it is updated to be much more fair. Thank you :)

Edit: my post was less about the forums this time, and more for "wow this old polocy ruins both of my current pc's long term goals in creating something/ helping create something

If that makes sense? I am sorry if i seemed like a whiny person. It wasn't meant to be a cheap shot.
I remember recruiting this Half elf girl. And IMMEDIATELY taking her out on a contract. Right as we go into this gith hole I tell her "Remember your training, and you'll be fine." and she goes "I have no training." Then she died

Oh, no!  I meant the post after yours.  While I was quoting, I should have quoted that, too.  My apologies!
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

Quote from: Nyr on January 20, 2011, 11:42:28 PM
Oh, no!  I meant the post after yours.  While I was quoting, I should have quoted that, too.  My apologies!

Ahh! whew! LOL I was worried for a moment!
I remember recruiting this Half elf girl. And IMMEDIATELY taking her out on a contract. Right as we go into this gith hole I tell her "Remember your training, and you'll be fine." and she goes "I have no training." Then she died

Coded healers.
Instead of sleeping it off. Coded healers that will take your money for some spit that call a healing balm and a reassuring pat on the arm.
Live like God.
Love like God.

"Don't let life be your burden."
- Some guy, Twin Warriors

Quote from: Chettaman on January 23, 2011, 05:06:27 PM
Coded healers.
Instead of sleeping it off. Coded healers that will take your money for some spit that call a healing balm and a reassuring pat on the arm.

Yes please.
Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote from: Delirium on August 04, 2014, 10:11:38 AM
fuck authority smoke weed erryday

oh and here's a free videogame.

I dig that idea.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

To be able as a crafter subguild, be able to obtain the materials that you need for your craft. Seems silly and unrealistic that one cannot do something as easy as break a bone into pieces without having the skinning skill.
Choppin muthafuckaz up with mandibles since 1995.

wear bandolier shoulder
You can't wear that on your shoulder.

:/

The shoulder location is for things perched directly on top of the shoulder, like a parrot.

Bandoliers go on torso, which means you are uber-badass if you're wearing a bandolier. (Because you're not wearing a breastplate.)

Similarly, I think codpieces go on the legs. (So you can't wear pants.)

You wear your coil of braided rope over your left shoulder.

I thought cod-pieces were on the waist ...

Also, RTW: All guilds should get skinning.
Quote from: Synthesis
Quote from: lordcooper
You go south and one of the other directions that isn't north.  That is seriously the limit of my geographical knowledge of Arm.
Sarge?

Cod=pieces go on waist.
Fredd-

talk person (emote) should turn into tell person (emote)

Don't ask, random want.
Fredd-

Quote from: MeTekillot on January 23, 2011, 08:07:42 PM
You wear your coil of braided rope over your left shoulder.

No, you're balancing it there, on-end.

Okay, not really.

But what I said is what the help files say about the shoulder location. Those braided ropes need to be typoed and fixed.

To be able to pack tents onto mounts without the bag.

Bandoliers can also be worn about the body.
Probably like just tying the rope around your shoulder.
Live like God.
Love like God.

"Don't let life be your burden."
- Some guy, Twin Warriors

Stun having to be positive before hps will heal.  For PCs and NPCs.
Evolution ends when stupidity is no longer fatal."

Quote from: Twilight on January 25, 2011, 10:35:12 PM
Stun having to be positive before hps will heal.  For PCs and NPCs.
Interesting but not something I'd want implemented into the game.

I don't see why there would be a connection between the level of your mental awareness affecting the way your body heals from wounds, etc.

When we sleep, at night, our bodies don't just turn off with our brain.

I would like to see food have more noticeable effects on recovering health, stun and/or stamina though. Possible that they already do - We just don't notice.
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

There are a number of situations, like long falls, beastie encounters, etc.  where you never get the RP opportunity, and you never get the disadvantage of, being wounded.  Because by the time you wake up, you've completely healed.
Evolution ends when stupidity is no longer fatal."

January 26, 2011, 12:12:50 AM #1396 Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 12:30:50 AM by Gregg
I would like warnings for the "sit" and "rest" commands when you're hanging on walls.
"But you'll fall!"

instead of just - "bad move, you plummet to the ground below."

I also want "and are still hanging to the wall" to be added to "you carefully climb [direction]" or for you to be on ground when you reach a ledge to stand on.

Quote from: Twilight on January 25, 2011, 10:53:43 PM
There are a number of situations, like long falls, beastie encounters, etc.  where you never get the RP opportunity, and you never get the disadvantage of, being wounded.  Because by the time you wake up, you've completely healed.
I wish they'd make a health regen toggle...
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

Quote from: Twilight on January 25, 2011, 10:53:43 PM
There are a number of situations, like long falls, beastie encounters, etc.  where you never get the RP opportunity, and you never get the disadvantage of, being wounded.  Because by the time you wake up, you've completely healed.

There's nothing stopping you from rp'ing it. We also have tdesc which is useful in such situations as well. Why do people insist that they have every little thing coded in order to roleplay it? I really don't get this line of thinking.
Quote from: Fnord on November 27, 2010, 01:55:19 PM
May the fap be with you, always. ;D

Because,  in the end, this is a MUD, not a MUSH.

Just ask the people who have died of thirst/hunger in bars, clan compounds, etc how many got rez'ed.
In the end, code trumps RP.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.