Random Tiny CODE Wants

Started by daedroug, April 21, 2009, 11:25:21 PM

Quote from: hyzhenhok on January 14, 2011, 02:25:40 PM
Quote from: Fredd on January 13, 2011, 06:58:59 AM
Tiny want: I dont want to burn meat 3/4 of the time with advanced cooking, and a frying pan.

c'mon. my eight year old son can cook a steak well done. " I take it off before it's black dad"

Cooking could do with a similar overhaul that Ride got. Right now there's only one fail result, and it's horribly obnoxious to have it happen to you over and over and over...

Cooking could totally be overhauled with lesser degrees of failure, and maybe even different outcomes. A minor failure would be similar to the "Your mount veers towards a plant" failure: instead, you get a "this tastes kind of funny" echo when you eat it, or maybe the cooked item gets "a repugnant smell clings to this item." But a more serious fail could be even worse than burning. Maybe you can't tell you failed, but you get food poisoning only after you eat it.

Preferably poisoning that doesn'y neccessarily kill you.  Kinda like a spice comedown would be nice.
Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote from: Delirium on August 04, 2014, 10:11:38 AM
fuck authority smoke weed erryday

oh and here's a free videogame.

Quote from: lordcooper on January 14, 2011, 03:01:10 PM
Quote from: hyzhenhok on January 14, 2011, 02:25:40 PM
Quote from: Fredd on January 13, 2011, 06:58:59 AM
Tiny want: I dont want to burn meat 3/4 of the time with advanced cooking, and a frying pan.

c'mon. my eight year old son can cook a steak well done. " I take it off before it's black dad"

Cooking could do with a similar overhaul that Ride got. Right now there's only one fail result, and it's horribly obnoxious to have it happen to you over and over and over...

Cooking could totally be overhauled with lesser degrees of failure, and maybe even different outcomes. A minor failure would be similar to the "Your mount veers towards a plant" failure: instead, you get a "this tastes kind of funny" echo when you eat it, or maybe the cooked item gets "a repugnant smell clings to this item." But a more serious fail could be even worse than burning. Maybe you can't tell you failed, but you get food poisoning only after you eat it.

Preferably poisoning that doesn'y neccessarily kill you.  Kinda like a spice comedown would be nice.

I imagine you'd have minor poisonings that are like spice debuffs, and more major poisonings that still aren't any more serious than the common coded diseases.

I want to be able to regain stamina while standing up with penalties depending on location and climate.

I would love a "refill cup/mug/tankard" script that would let you pay for new alcohol without having to buy a whole new cup.

A truly tiny want.
Quote from: Oryxin a land...where nothing is as it seems
lol
wait wait
in a harsh desert..wait
in a world...where everything's out to kill you
one man (or woman) stands sort of alone
only not really
lol
KURAC

Quote from: Spice Spice Baby on January 15, 2011, 11:08:04 PM
I would love a "refill cup/mug/tankard" script that would let you pay for new alcohol without having to buy a whole new cup.

A truly tiny want.

I imagine the water-seller code could just be adapted to this. I randomly want this tiny thing too.

Oh, that'd be super-cool.

I would get so drunk in taverns.

I always assumed you didn't actually buy the cup and it was theft if you left with it.

Now I wanna see an elf frantically hoarding their collection of mugs that they pinched from the Gaj.

Quote from: Rhyden on January 15, 2011, 10:53:00 PM
I want to be able to regain stamina while standing up with penalties depending on location and climate.

And while riding (if you're good).  And mounts slowly regenerate stamina while standing if no one is riding them.

The result being that, if you trade off walking and riding and move no faster than one room every 20 seconds, you can pretty much go forever.  No more ride ride ride ride ride ride ride ride ride ride ride OKAY EVERYBODY REST.
The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong.
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.

Quote from: lordcooper on January 15, 2011, 11:23:04 PM
I always assumed you didn't actually buy the cup and it was theft if you left with it.

Now I wanna see an elf frantically hoarding their collection of mugs that they pinched from the Gaj.

Did it, with a human clepto. It was FUNNY.
I remember recruiting this Half elf girl. And IMMEDIATELY taking her out on a contract. Right as we go into this gith hole I tell her "Remember your training, and you'll be fine." and she goes "I have no training." Then she died

Quote from: brytta.leofa on January 16, 2011, 12:35:26 AM
Quote from: Rhyden on January 15, 2011, 10:53:00 PM

And while riding (if you're good).  And mounts slowly regenerate stamina while standing if no one is riding them.

The result being that, if you trade off walking and riding and move no faster than one room every 20 seconds, you can pretty much go forever.  No more ride ride ride ride ride ride ride ride ride ride ride OKAY EVERYBODY REST.

Why can't you just move one room, rest for 20 seconds, mount back up, then move another room and repeat?

This is what I do anyway, if I know I can't make an entire trip on "one tank of gas" in the mount.  Better to keep it at high stamina while nothing's after you than it is to exhaust it and -hope- nothing comes along that you can't outrun in 2-3 rooms.

Of course, the Known World is so small, and most mounts have so much stamina, that this is only infrequently necessary.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

I don't really give a shit about mount's regaining Stamina while standing but I would like to see something, other than 'sit', 'rest', and 'sleep' as a way of regaining lost stamina, for a PC.

When I go for a jog, if I need to catch my breath, I walk - or stop, if I have to. You never see me flat out drop on my ass and sit there, like a fucking retard.
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

Quote from: Synthesis on January 16, 2011, 12:55:16 PM

Why can't you just move one room, rest for 20 seconds, mount back up, then move another room and repeat?

This is what I do anyway, if I know I can't make an entire trip on "one tank of gas" in the mount.  Better to keep it at high stamina while nothing's after you than it is to exhaust it and -hope- nothing comes along that you can't outrun in 2-3 rooms.

Of course, the Known World is so small, and most mounts have so much stamina, that this is only infrequently necessary.

Because that method only helps to underscore the tediousness of traveling unmounted. And; rest rest, ... wait... stand mount n, rest rest, ... wait... stand mount n...etc  Makes your character look lake he's insane.

Might keep the elves away, actually...

Quote from: Gunnerblaster on January 16, 2011, 01:09:51 PM
I don't really give a shit about mount's regaining Stamina while standing but I would like to see something, other than 'sit', 'rest', and 'sleep' as a way of regaining lost stamina, for a PC.

When I go for a jog, if I need to catch my breath, I walk - or stop, if I have to. You never see me flat out drop on my ass and sit there, like a fucking retard.

I dunno if I should or not, but I just use the rest command and then change my ldesc to something like stands here, catching his breath.
Live like God.
Love like God.

"Don't let life be your burden."
- Some guy, Twin Warriors

I want to be able to poison things even if I don't have the skill.
At least fail every single time. I just want to be able to do it.

I want to be able to poison doors.

QuoteA female voice says, in sirihish:
     "] yer a wizard, oashi"

Quote from: bcw81 on January 20, 2011, 05:58:51 PM
I want to be able to poison doors.

Um, why and how will that work?
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Doorknob/handle/pushplate.

Contact poison.

But what if the person has gloves on?
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

if [handsocket] = [gloves]
    [contact] = no

I have no idea what the arm code is like, but something like that.

I had a character that researched poison gases.

It required too much coding to use.
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

January 20, 2011, 06:29:11 PM #1370 Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 07:57:22 PM by bcw81
It couldn't require that much coding, just make sure that if someone opens a poisoned door without gloves they get poisoned.

QuoteA female voice says, in sirihish:
     "] yer a wizard, oashi"

Quote from: lordcooper on January 20, 2011, 06:13:09 PM
Contact poison.

You suffer from use of the Way.
Their mind is too foreign for you.
Quote from: Synthesis
Quote from: lordcooper
You go south and one of the other directions that isn't north.  That is seriously the limit of my geographical knowledge of Arm.
Sarge?

addkeyword poison
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

Quote from: bcw81 on January 20, 2011, 06:29:11 PM
It couldn't requite that much coding, just make sure that if someone opens a poisoned door without gloves they get poisoned.

Contact poison code is already IG in at least once instance, I believe.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Quote from: Nyr

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Re: A forums all out own
« Reply #1 on: Today at 09:25:58 AM »

Quote from: jhunter on October 27, 2004, 10:22:39 AM
) No new clans will be opened (or re-opened). This includes staff and player-driven clans, as well as currently closed clans. This is true unilaterally; no exceptions will be made. We'll re-examine this policy at the end of three months.

Player-driven clans? You mean we can't make a clan completely ICly now?

Quote from: Xygax on October 27, 2004, 10:37:28 AM
You can form associations with other PCs, of course.  This rule simply means that you will not receive much (if any) staff support for them.

Quote from: Sanvean on October 27, 2004, 11:28:28 AM
You can roleplay as you like, and if part of that involves forming IC groups, or running family/tribe members, you are welcome to.  However, you cannot form a clan and expect us to provide the following: board forums, clan code; clan-specific items, crafting, scars, tattoos, accents, languages, mounts, etc.  This is not to imply that we have been providing all of the above for player-driven clans, but are numbered among the things that have been requested in the past for them.

I'de like that since this post says it would be reevaluated in three months and it's been 7 years.... You Know... it be revaluated as a " case by case basis, don't expect fast reply's" sort of deal.
I remember recruiting this Half elf girl. And IMMEDIATELY taking her out on a contract. Right as we go into this gith hole I tell her "Remember your training, and you'll be fine." and she goes "I have no training." Then she died