Random Tiny CODE Wants

Started by daedroug, April 21, 2009, 11:25:21 PM

Does anyone else find it somewhat odd that lost hitpoints, which represent physical damage to your character, can be recovered while standing...but stamina points, which only represent a little fatigue, must be recovered while sitting or resting?

Really seems like it ought to be the other way around.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

Absolutely agreed.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

Quote from: Synthesis on December 16, 2010, 08:58:38 PM
Does anyone else find it somewhat odd that lost hitpoints, which represent physical damage to your character, can be recovered while standing...but stamina points, which only represent a little fatigue, must be recovered while sitting or resting?

Really seems like it ought to be the other way around.

That one can not regain stamina while sitting atop a mount, after all, your sitting.
The funny little foreign man

I often hear the jingle to -Riunite on ice- when I read the estate name Reynolte, eve though there ain't no ice in Zalanthas.

I would really rather not know a certain PC is not my race just by assessing them. I would assume it's rather annoying to play a hidden half elf only to be assaulted by someone who just assessed them.

(In case you don't get what I'm talking about; If they are not the same race as you, the ass -v command will not show "He is younger than you.")

QuoteA female voice says, in sirihish:
     "] yer a wizard, oashi"

Quote from: bcw81 on December 17, 2010, 09:29:27 PM
I would really rather not know a certain PC is not my race just by assessing them. I would assume it's rather annoying to play a hidden half elf only to be assaulted by someone who just assessed them.

(In case you don't get what I'm talking about; If they are not the same race as you, the ass -v command will not show "He is younger than you.")

This was fixed a few months ago.
A half elf can now decide at chargen if he wants to look elven, human, or breedish.

Thanks again to the coders?
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Quote from: FantasyWriter on December 17, 2010, 09:37:20 PM
Quote from: bcw81 on December 17, 2010, 09:29:27 PM

This was fixed a few months ago.
A half elf can now decide at chargen if he wants to look elven, human, or breedish.

Thanks again to the coders?

Noice.
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry, and has been widely regarded as a bad idea."~D. Adams

I have CDO.  It's like OCD but the letters are in alphabetical order.       Like they should be.

Yeah, if they show as non-human they don't intend their PC to look human, so you're in the clear.

I played a half-elf passing as human one time before that switch. He was the darling of Tuluk for a month and starred in a play. One guy tried to pull that ASS -V SAYS UR A BREED shit with me, so I had the Legion murder him.

These days it's all fair.

I wish you could add people to your bank account like you can add people to your apartment.
They would have unlimited access and Nenyuk not responsible if they rob you. Most people may
never trust someone enough but my character has.

I think it would be cool if you could bury containers in places with solid ground (i.e. not in the air, somewhere with sands which shift too much, ect), and draw maps...
Quote from: Wug on August 28, 2013, 05:59:06 AM
Vennant doesn't appear to age because he serves drinks at the speed of light. Now you know why there's no delay on the buy code in the Gaj.

Quote from: BleakOne on December 18, 2010, 08:34:26 PM
I think it would be cool if you could bury containers in places with solid ground (i.e. not in the air, somewhere with sands which shift too much, ect), and draw maps...

+1
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Quote from: Barsook on December 18, 2010, 08:43:22 PM

+1

Burglars and scavengers should be better able to read those maps when stolen/found on a dead guy.
Now you're looking for the secret. But you won't find it because of course, you're not really looking. You don't really want to work it out. You want to be fooled.

Quote from: Jingo on December 18, 2010, 09:27:53 PM
Quote from: Barsook on December 18, 2010, 08:43:22 PM

+1

Burglars and scavengers should be better able to read those maps when stolen/found on a dead guy.

I'd say rangers, but rangers already get so much cool shit it's disgusting.

Rangers and warriors are the dudes that protect the treasure hunter out in the desert.

Or kill him and take the treasure. Because I know someone here will bring it up.

Besides, they don't get the search skill.
Now you're looking for the secret. But you won't find it because of course, you're not really looking. You don't really want to work it out. You want to be fooled.

I want mercy to be infallible.

It is a RPI let us decide when the mistakes happen.

At least then I can toss in a cool emote or something. It really bugs me, there is no reason why mercy on can't set it so you cannot knock somebody below say -8hp.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

Quote from: X-D on December 18, 2010, 11:54:18 PM

At least then I can toss in a cool emote or something. It really bugs me, there is no reason why mercy on can't set it so you cannot knock somebody below say -8hp.

I guess mistakes happen, even in real life. I can see your point though.
Quote from: Wug on August 28, 2013, 05:59:06 AM
Vennant doesn't appear to age because he serves drinks at the speed of light. Now you know why there's no delay on the buy code in the Gaj.

I want dung mounds to allow brawling in the area.
Live like God.
Love like God.

"Don't let life be your burden."
- Some guy, Twin Warriors

I've killed PC's I intended to make a nice scene for.. I felt like an ass.
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

I think this would be the #1 change of the year if it happened, and there have been some damn good changes this year.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Quote from: Majikal on December 19, 2010, 03:36:47 AM

Heh, a long time ago, I was playing a d-elf and a sorc came along and [did something nasty that incapacitated me].  He was about to launch into his evil genius MUAHAHA! monologue when a halfling hunter NPC came in and smoked me.  I've always wondered if that guy meant to kill me, or if he was like *facepalm*.

Quote from: Synthesis on December 19, 2010, 01:37:07 PM
Quote from: Majikal on December 19, 2010, 03:36:47 AM

Heh, a long time ago, I was playing a d-elf and a sorc came along and [did something nasty that incapacitated me].  He was about to launch into his evil genius MUAHAHA! monologue when a halfling hunter NPC came in and smoked me.  I've always wondered if that guy meant to kill me, or if he was like *facepalm*.

Hahah, I've been in a similar situation.
"So...the question is...should we let you live or..."
*random npc aggro enters the room and attacks*
*BEEP*

OOC: ...Dammit...
Quote from: Fnord on November 27, 2010, 01:55:19 PM
May the fap be with you, always. ;D

Thats my thing, I almost always keep mercy on, even if I intend to kill, just so, hopefully we each can get that last emote, think, feel, etc in.

But mercy simply does not work with ranged at all, and the damage in ranged is so variable that it is not possible to be careful in most cases.

Shoot dude west, look west, bleeding heavy, shoot dude west, look west, bleeding heavy, shoot dude west, look west, nothing, w, w, corpse...ooc DAMMIT.

A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

Get up there and stab 'em like a man, X-D. Bows are for elves and sodomites.

Quote from: MeTekillot on December 19, 2010, 04:41:46 PM

Nothing wrong with sodomites.
Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote from: Delirium on August 04, 2014, 10:11:38 AM
fuck authority smoke weed erryday

oh and here's a free videogame.

Quote from: MeTekillot on December 19, 2010, 04:41:46 PM

I hope you're not using sodomite as a placeholder for 'faggot' on the GDB, man. That shit will not fly around these parts.

Yeah, I agree. Mercy should either always or almost always work, or it should be a skill which is fairly easy to train and which at a reasonable level always or almost always works. (I wouldn't mind if you could 'fail a mercy check', and either check your blow too much or too little, once in a while. But not all the time!)

As far as I know, the mercy code is kind of messed up in regards to backstab (and possibly sap), as well. If mercy was more usable with ranged attacks (archery/throw) and 'ambush' attacks (backstab/sap) it might be easier and more fun to play a Zalanthan bounty hunter; I think that's reason enough to put it on the priority list, since bounty hunters are rad as fuck. As it stands, mercy seems to work as intended only when engaging in plain vanilla melee, and how often do you get in plain melee vanilla combat in Armageddon PVP?

I want jstorrie to watch Mr. Woodcock so he'll get my reference.

anyway i'm not welcome in this here discussion since i have literally never PVP'd for reals.