Random Tiny CODE Wants

Started by daedroug, April 21, 2009, 11:25:21 PM

Quote from: LauraMars on December 13, 2010, 02:22:13 AM
And I'm sure the constant glare and heat haze is very distracting.

This is what I think of in regards of hiding in the salt flats. If anything give a slight neg to the use of the skill which would give a lessened degree of success and higher probability of failure. But flagging it as 'no-hide' would be silly in my opinion.
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

I wish people either:
Roleplayed when they were watching someone
-or-
Watching someone amends your ldesc. (I.E. So-and-so is sitting on a stump, watching the short, fat dwarf.)
You lift ~ with all your strength.
A long length of bone doesn't move.

There's a reason that watching doesn't automatically append that stuff.
"I am a cipher, wrapped in an enigma, smothered in secret sauce."
- Jimmy James, the man so great they had to name him twice

I know plenty of reasons -not- to do it. I just havn't seen any valid and ethical reasons. I see a lot of people always emoting that they are talking with someone at the bar, while they are watching some random bad guy that is behind them somewhere, but never emoting that they are in fact paying any sort of attention to that shadow.
I am required to assess constantly to ensure those minions are paying attention to me and not to that random skinny skulking about.

No worries. I am not the RP police.

Passive-aggressive FTW.
You lift ~ with all your strength.
A long length of bone doesn't move.

I wish

<worn around wrist>     a something-something bracer

was automatically replaced with

<worn around wrists>    a pair of something-something bracers

and likewise with other bodyparts of which there of two, such as ears, shoulders, and ankles.

Quote from: Drayab on December 13, 2010, 09:47:56 PM
I wish

was automatically replaced with

<worn around wrists>    a pair of something-something bracers

and likewise with other bodyparts of which there of two, such as ears, shoulders, and ankles.
I have an alias for bracers.  alias: bracers = send: wear bracer <enter> wear bracer <enter>

The way the code is now allows PCs to mix and match.   (one earring, two different bracelets, one epaulet, two different ankle bracelets,etc)
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry, and has been widely regarded as a bad idea."~D. Adams

I have CDO.  It's like OCD but the letters are in alphabetical order.       Like they should be.

Goldberry is right.

I do like the idea of matching items occupying one visual slot, though. If the code realized that you had two identical items on in paired locations, it could visually do this. When one item changed states or some other such, by becoming used or bloodied or whatever, then it could simply revert to the system we currently use.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

A magnifying glass

I'd go out hunting with it every mid-day.
The glowing Nessalin Nebula flickers eternally overhead.
This Angers The Shade of Nessalin.

To be able to act upon people who fail a steal attempt....

It's just -really- screwy that whenever you see, "The tall, muscular man tries to steal from you, but fails" and can't do shit about it-- even though you -saw- them fail, you can't watch, subdue, attack, do -anything- to them if they're hidden.

You can start doing what all the other non-law-enforcement NPCs do and start shouting about the thief.  You can wish up and provide the sdesc of the target so that the staff can decide.

Same thing with, "Someone blocks you from going through the east exit."

That's something that should break hide.

Quote from: Marshmellow on December 14, 2010, 02:58:37 PM
You can start doing what all the other non-law-enforcement NPCs do and start shouting about the thief.  You can wish up and provide the sdesc of the target so that the staff can decide.

Yeaaaah, I could.

But, by the time I do that, the thief's more than likely long-gone.

Doubly buggered out if they're hooded.

Hey, if your character didn't get a good look at the person and just a glance, you shouldn't be able to do anything, in my mind.  Legally you should NEVER be allowed to do something in the city.

Quote from: Marshmellow on December 14, 2010, 03:06:46 PM
Hey, if your character didn't get a good look at the person and just a glance, you shouldn't be able to do anything, in my mind.  Legally you should NEVER be allowed to do something in the city.

Someone is within my proximity of my character.

Close enough to reach into my character's -pocket-, close enough for my character to see who it is.

Unless they're a magicker, they shouldn't be able to just *poof* into nowhere.... But then again, even if they were a magicker, I wouldn't have been able to glance at them in the first place.

And yeah, I might get crimmed for trying to react, but I don't really care.

I, the victim of the failed theft, who saw the thief who was well within arm's reach, should be able to react accordingly.

Quote from: Qzzrbl on December 14, 2010, 02:54:23 PM
To be able to act upon people who fail a steal attempt....

It's just -really- screwy that whenever you see, "The tall, muscular man tries to steal from you, but fails" and can't do shit about it-- even though you -saw- them fail, you can't watch, subdue, attack, do -anything- to them if they're hidden.

Quote from: Qzzrbl on December 14, 2010, 03:00:02 PM

I agree with this.
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry, and has been widely regarded as a bad idea."~D. Adams

I have CDO.  It's like OCD but the letters are in alphabetical order.       Like they should be.

Someone was close enough that you obviously DIDN'T get a good look at, just because you got a glance at the person doesn't mean you can get a good glance, and most pick-pockets are in the city where there are plenty of other pedestrians.  No, you shouldn't be able to react unless you react fast enough before the person slips back into the crowds, so set up a trigger if you really want to be able to react.  The rest is unnecessary.

Didn't even know this was possible. If someone can block me from going in a direction, I best damn see who the hell they are.
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

Quote from: Marshmellow on December 14, 2010, 03:19:37 PM
Someone was close enough that you obviously DIDN'T get a good look at, just because you got a glance at the person doesn't mean you can get a good glance, and most pick-pockets are in the city where there are plenty of other pedestrians.  No, you shouldn't be able to react unless you react fast enough before the person slips back into the crowds, so set up a trigger if you really want to be able to react.  The rest is unnecessary.
A trigger wouldn't solve anything, and assuming there is a crowd, the failed thief would have to move -with- the crowd to blend effectively.... Not just chill there and try again as soon as the delay ends.

I agree with Qzzbrl. If someone shoves a hand in your pocket and you catch em, chances are you saw who it was, otherwise you wouldn't have noticed said person trying to pick your pocket.
Even if it just said something like:
The figure in a dark, hooded cloak has tried to pick your pocket!
Oh, and if a thief fails to sneak past someone guarding, they should be revealed. The city sneaking is defined by using shadows and crowd blending, if you got blocked, obviously you fucked up sneaking past someone and made a mistake, and become just as visible as any other person.
The Devil doesn't dawdle.

Quote from: The7DeadlyVenomz on December 14, 2010, 12:23:43 AM
Goldberry is right.

I do like the idea of matching items occupying one visual slot, though. If the code realized that you had two identical items on in paired locations, it could visually do this. When one item changed states or some other such, by becoming used or bloodied or whatever, then it could simply revert to the system we currently use.

That's what I meant of course. It doesn't make sense to try to make a pair out of things that don't match.

Quote from: Gunnerblaster on December 14, 2010, 03:20:57 PM

Didn't even know this was possible. If someone can block me from going in a direction, I best damn see who the hell they are.

You can break hide on NPCs that do this.
Not sure about PCs
Backstab is actually the only dialog option an assassin has.

Quote from: Medivh on December 15, 2010, 03:17:34 PM
Quote from: Gunnerblaster on December 14, 2010, 03:20:57 PM

You can break hide on NPCs that do this.
Not sure about PCs

How?

Because there are a certain few NPCs that do this all the time in a certain area IG, and they never break hide-- ever.

How?

Because there are a certain few NPCs that do this all the time in a certain area IG, and they never break hide-- ever.

Fairly sure the certain NPCs in that certain IG area were the same NPCs who I figured that out on.

Any more info is code Sikrits, I think.
Backstab is actually the only dialog option an assassin has.

Quote from: Medivh on December 15, 2010, 03:24:05 PM

How?

Fairly sure the certain NPCs in that certain IG area were the same NPCs who I figured that out on.

Any more info is code Sikrits, I think.

Ah....

About figures that a common annoyance requires sekrits to deal with.