Random Tiny CODE Wants

Started by daedroug, April 21, 2009, 11:25:21 PM

Maybe I should have been clearer, Without having to type hunt, you would still need to own the skill.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

I could agree with it if it were something like...you can only see the blood tracks of people you were recently involved in combat with, and you lose the bonus as soon as their noquit timer expires.  This would give you a chance to quickly track people who were within sword reach of you just a few moments ago, but now have inexplicably teleported several leagues away.  In fact, if the bonus were set up this way, I'd be much more amenable to everyone getting it.

I wouldn't want people with the hunt skill to be able to pick up blood trails indiscriminately, without having to actually stop and look.  I mean, the hunt skill is already pretty damn powerful.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

I'd still like the character's ldesc (is standing here, is sitting at, is fighting...) added to assess character

when you are unconscious... I kind of don't want to know what sex you are.

"someone grins to someone before dropping to his knees before someone."
Live like God.
Love like God.

"Don't let life be your burden."
- Some guy, Twin Warriors

Quote from: Chettaman on December 10, 2010, 01:00:30 AM

I'm pretty sure this is because the emoter is literally typing "his" in the emote, instead of ^me.
"Never was anything great achieved without danger."
     -Niccolo Machiavelli

Quote from: Archbaron on December 10, 2010, 01:18:11 AM

I'm pretty sure this is because the emoter is literally typing "his" in the emote, instead of ^me.

Yeah, I for one always type it out without the symbols. Aids my separation from the character and the flow of my emotes.
Quote from: nessalin on July 11, 2016, 02:48:32 PM
Trunk
hidden by 'body/torso'
hides nipples

As do I..

The me my his her him hers their short of it is....

This works perfectly fine if no-one else is in the room.   ;)  (for sure)

If ever in doubt I would use the coded !@#$%^&

If you can remember what they all stand for.
The glowing Nessalin Nebula flickers eternally overhead.
This Angers The Shade of Nessalin.

Quote from: Archbaron on December 10, 2010, 01:18:11 AM

It wouldn't make a difference if he'd typed '^me'.  I'm pretty sure that being invisible (or observer unconscious, etc) doesn't mask gender in coded pronouns.

I hate how some shelves you have to type look IN shelves.
Then you look in the next set of shelves and you get back That is not a container.
It just makes me angry. I wish they were all one way or the other for this and other furniture types :P.

I wish shelves were consistent, but tables and desks and beds and rugs?  I'm fine with looking at them and seeing what's on them.  You should have to look in things like chests, though.
"I am a cipher, wrapped in an enigma, smothered in secret sauce."
- Jimmy James, the man so great they had to name him twice

>  unhitch all

Enough said.
Choppin muthafuckaz up with mandibles since 1995.

To be able to watch a direction while sitting (I am sure this has probably been a want of others as well).
The funny little foreign man

I often hear the jingle to -Riunite on ice- when I read the estate name Reynolte, eve though there ain't no ice in Zalanthas.

Quote from: Potaje on December 12, 2010, 03:35:44 PM
To be able to watch a direction while sitting (I am sure this has probably been a want of others as well).

ZOMG, YES PLEASE.
Choppin muthafuckaz up with mandibles since 1995.

Yes, I'd like to be able to watch in directions when sitting to.
Quote from: Wug on August 28, 2013, 05:59:06 AM
Vennant doesn't appear to age because he serves drinks at the speed of light. Now you know why there's no delay on the buy code in the Gaj.

The vast majority of the salt flats really ought to be flagged no-hide...except maybe at night or something.  Sneak, even, is debatable.

Quote from: Synthesis on December 12, 2010, 05:42:56 PM
The vast majority of the salt flats really ought to be flagged no-hide...except maybe at night or something.  Sneak, even, is debatable.

I had a half-elf a few years ago that invested in a white suit of armor, cloak and miscellaneous equipment for the sole purpose of lying prone and crawling through the salt flats (coded sneak/hiding through it, with emoting). I think a much better solution would be applying penalties and bonuses to people that aren't/are properly equipped, if such penalties and bonuses don't already exist, to the Salt Flats and other places.

Quote from: Cutthroat on December 12, 2010, 05:57:20 PM
Quote from: Synthesis on December 12, 2010, 05:42:56 PM

I had a half-elf a few years ago that invested in a white suit of armor, cloak and miscellaneous equipment for the sole purpose of lying prone and crawling through the salt flats (coded sneak/hiding through it, with emoting). I think a much better solution would be applying penalties and bonuses to people that aren't/are properly equipped, if such penalties and bonuses don't already exist, to the Salt Flats and other places.

Yeah, I seriously doubt the staff are going to waste their time going through every wearable item in the game to check if a "bonus-to-hide-on-salt-flats" flag needs to be added.  Much simpler to no-hide flag the salt flats, and then have someone add a little script that removes the flag at night.  Since, really...low-crawling across the salt flats?  Really? I'm not buying it.

Only thing I'd be worried about is if they can't sneak and hide, maybe they'd think shooting is the only option.  :-\
Quote from: Wug on August 28, 2013, 05:59:06 AM
Vennant doesn't appear to age because he serves drinks at the speed of light. Now you know why there's no delay on the buy code in the Gaj.

Quote from: Synthesis on December 12, 2010, 06:12:35 PM
Much simpler to no-hide flag the salt flats, and then have someone add a little script that removes the flag at night.  Since, really...low-crawling across the salt flats?  Really? I'm not buying it.

NPCs, too?
The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong.
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.

Quote from: brytta.leofa on December 12, 2010, 07:15:44 PM
Quote from: Synthesis on December 12, 2010, 06:12:35 PM
Much simpler to no-hide flag the salt flats, and then have someone add a little script that removes the flag at night.  Since, really...low-crawling across the salt flats?  Really? I'm not buying it.

NPCs, too?

Humanoid NPCs hiding on the salt flats is just as dumb as PCs doing it.

As for the other things...do they really need to be hiding?  It's not like anyone who's hunting them ever fails to bring a ranger along, anyway.  The fact that they're coded as hiding is a little silly, anyway.  A better workaround would be something akin to how gurth pull into their shells, with "inside shell" as the default state.

I could actually easily imagine a camo suit that would blend in on the salt flats, but only at a couple rooms distance.

It depends on how flat they really are. If you have just a few feet of rise that is enough to hide in easily.

Well yeah, being out of sight is pretty good camo too....

Crawling and being hidden is possible, not easy but possible. I saw something about U.S. Army Ranger Snipers, in urban camo, who could crawl along beside a city curb and remain unseen. It was freaky, but impressive.
BUT.
If the Salt Flats are entirely flat, like, smooth glass table not a single bump flat, the best you could realistically hope for was hiding laying down if you wearing lots of white. But I agree with Synthesis, I doubt the collosal catalog of wearables are going to be flagged/not flagged for Salty Helpfulness or Not.
The Devil doesn't dawdle.

You could dig? The salt worms dig, and that is why they are "hidden" in rooms sometimes...it is supposed to represent being under the ground  And I'm sure the constant glare and heat haze is very distracting.
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."