Random Tiny CODE Wants

Started by daedroug, April 21, 2009, 11:25:21 PM

Poison evens the odds.  I like this.
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry, and has been widely regarded as a bad idea."~D. Adams

I have CDO.  It's like OCD but the letters are in alphabetical order.       Like they should be.

Meh, I think poisons have gotten a little out of hand lately, thanks to the pretty easy availability of the more dangerous sorts.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

Cures are more easily attainable too.

Quote from: BleakOne on December 08, 2010, 03:11:59 AM
Quote from: Gunnerblaster on December 08, 2010, 02:59:50 AM

"Greatest warrior" is all perspective. Just because someone's tough shit in melee doesn't mean they won't go down like a heavy sack of shit after some poisoned arrows punches a hole through their neck.

Wouldn't that be Bestest Archer of All Time, instead of Greatest Warrior, though?

Winner gets to call himself whatever the hell he damn well pleases.
A dark-shelled scrab pinches at you, but you dodge out of the way.
A dark-shelled scrab brandishes its bone-handled, obsidian scimitar.
A dark-shelled scrab holds its bloodied wicked-edged, bone scimitar.

Quote from: Synthesis on December 08, 2010, 03:39:25 AM
Meh, I think poisons have gotten a little out of hand lately, thanks to the pretty easy availability of the more dangerous sorts.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Quit the derailing. You guys are making this thread useless for its intended purpose. Also, arguments about who are the "greatest" are just dumb and pointless, because you don't actually know. And those of us who could look at stats and skills to figure it out don't care. So knock it off.
Quote from: Decameron on September 16, 2010, 04:47:50 PM
Character: "I've been working on building a new barracks for some tim-"
NPC: "Yeah, that fell through, sucks but YOUR HOUSE IS ON FIREEE!! FIRE-KANKS!!"

I wish all sparring weapons were bludgeoning weapons (but still used/trained the appropriate skill).  Or I wish there was some other way to make them not get bloodied or bloody your opponent's armor.  I understand that Zalanthan sparring is rough and breaking the skin wouldn't be uncommon, but I think the "bloodied" equipment tag really is just for serious, real wounds.

Quote5. Deliberately derailing a thread (posting nonsense, disrupting the topic etc) will be treated as trolling.  Idle commentary and discussion that is off topic belongs in the OOC topic forum.

While I wouldn't push to ban people for the typical 7 day period for this in a lot of cases, I will if you do it directly after a staff member requests that people not derail a thread.  Please keep this thread relevant by keeping it limited to code discussion of random things you'd like to see implemented.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

I'd like to see it done so that if you 'behead' someone, you can then 'skin' the head to get a skull of that race.

That'd be damn nice.  It'd also make it a bit easier to return a head for a bounty when the bounty-payer isn't online.

Damn.  Nice.
Yes. Read the thread if you want, or skip to page 7 and be dismissive.
-Reiloth

Words I repeat every time I start a post:
Quote from: Rathustra on June 23, 2016, 03:29:08 PM
Stop being shitty to each other.

I'd like it if more herb shops sold (and bought) cures.
Quote from: Wug on August 28, 2013, 05:59:06 AM
Vennant doesn't appear to age because he serves drinks at the speed of light. Now you know why there's no delay on the buy code in the Gaj.

December 08, 2010, 04:58:51 PM #1210 Last Edit: December 08, 2010, 05:01:49 PM by Synthesis
Quote from: BleakOne on December 08, 2010, 04:48:18 PM
I'd like it if more herb shops sold (and bought) cures.

I think most of them do buy them.  The problem is, they pay so little for them that it isn't cost-effective for PCs to sell the cures, because in most cases you can sell the raw herbs the cures are made from for more than the cure itself.  Ergo, nobody sells them to the shops.

Simple fix would be to adjust the value of cures upward.  Of course, then you'd have to pay more to buy them, but I think I'd rather have something expensive and available than not available at all.

On the other hand, it may be by design that the staff don't want cures easily available, since it would render most poisons useless, other than for killing NPCs.  On the other hand, it's always been pretty easy to get cures from other PCs.

Quote from: Synthesis on December 08, 2010, 04:58:51 PM
On the other hand, it may be by design that the staff don't want cures easily available, since it would render most poisons useless, other than for killing NPCs.  On the other hand, it's always been pretty easy to get cures from other PCs.
I don't think staff would think with this approach, and I also don't think that having cures widely available in NPC shops will render most poisons useless. What makes poisons effective is that they're delivered by surprise and in a way to where having a cure is practically useless, anyways.
"Never was anything great achieved without danger."
     -Niccolo Machiavelli

Quote from: Archbaron on December 08, 2010, 05:27:31 PM
Quote from: Synthesis on December 08, 2010, 04:58:51 PM
I don't think staff would think with this approach, and I also don't think that having cures widely available in NPC shops will render most poisons useless. What makes poisons effective is that they're delivered by surprise and in a way to where having a cure is practically useless, anyways.

Heh, yeah....

I've had it happen a couple of times where I died to poisons that I had a pocket full of cures for, because I was stuck in, "Oh shit, I've gotta get away, wait, fuck, where'd I put those cures?!" mode.

Weight loss/gain code based on eating and drinking habits.

"Daddy, I barfed in my mouth!"

My big bag of dung to not automagically empty if I have to log out.
Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote from: Delirium on August 04, 2014, 10:11:38 AM
fuck authority smoke weed erryday

oh and here's a free videogame.

Quote from: Marauder Moe on December 08, 2010, 12:12:06 PM
I wish all sparring weapons were bludgeoning weapons (but still used/trained the appropriate skill).  Or I wish there was some other way to make them not get bloodied or bloody your opponent's armor.  I understand that Zalanthan sparring is rough and breaking the skin wouldn't be uncommon, but I think the "bloodied" equipment tag really is just for serious, real wounds.
+100
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

nevermind
A rusty brown kank explodes into little bits.

Someone says, out of character:
     "I had to fix something in this zone.. YOU WEREN'T HERE 2 minutes ago :)"

Quote from: lordcooper on December 09, 2010, 02:47:18 AM

Same with corpses, plz....

It's a bitch to get a newb head collection when they disappear every time I log out....

I really need to get an apartment one of these days. >~<

Quote from: Qzzrbl on December 09, 2010, 08:39:05 AM

It's a bitch to get a newb head collection when they disappear every time I log out....

I'm pretty sure heads disappear on reboots anyway, so an apartment wouldn't solve your collection problem.

Quote from: Synthesis on December 09, 2010, 10:33:23 AM
Quote from: Qzzrbl on December 09, 2010, 08:39:05 AM

I'm pretty sure heads disappear on reboots anyway, so an apartment wouldn't solve your collection problem.

Well fuck!

There is a way to collect heads though and not have them go away:)

My random want, Blood trails to be vis without using the hunt skill.

A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

Visible blood trails would pile on yet another pretty large risk, predominantly on newbie characters who are a) less likely to be in a clan, b) less likely to be able to afford an apartment, c) more likely to get fucked up in the first place, d) less likely to be able to bandage themselves effectively.

There are plenty of ways to die, already.  I'd rather not add "every curious passerby" to the list.

Quote from: zakattack on December 09, 2010, 12:20:33 AM

The man asks you:
     "'Bout damn time, lol.  She didn't bang you up too bad, did she?"
The man says, ooc:
     "OG did i jsut do that?"

Quote from: Shalooonsh
I love the players of this game.
That's not a random thought either.

Quote from: tortall on December 09, 2010, 05:27:27 PM
Quote from: zakattack on December 09, 2010, 12:20:33 AM

This reminds me of the Sims. 
...And, I think most of my characters would be anorexic since I ignore being hungry so often to maintain continuity. o_o
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry, and has been widely regarded as a bad idea."~D. Adams

I have CDO.  It's like OCD but the letters are in alphabetical order.       Like they should be.

If you have the hunt skill, I'd like to automatically see trails of blood in a room, ie: a trail of blood leads to the east/west/south/north.
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.