Random Tiny CODE Wants

Started by daedroug, April 21, 2009, 11:25:21 PM

Quote from: Synthesis on November 30, 2010, 05:55:48 AM
Pshaw...block is already weaksauce. It seriously does not need to be nerfed.

Hmm...I must be missing something. As far as I've seen, shields are rock-solid.

However, there does seem to be an overwhelming number of people who want to play the whirling blade-storm; a fact the crack in my shield can attest to.
"Let us endeavor so to live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry."
- Samuel Clemens

I've seen two warriors go at it sword & board and be pretty matched, only to have one of the warriors drop his shield and change to etwo style and kick the shit out of the shield user.  I guess it really depends on a lot of things.  I've seen no reason to change shield skills.  I certainly don't want to see them lowered, that's for sure!

I purpously "gave" my key to the key-holder of my building as I said my final goodbyes. (this was -after- my rent was overdue)

So now when I try to leave they ask me for my key... and when I try to go back in they tell me I don't rent an appartment here.

I suggest you make all the "renters" non-acceptant.  Don't let us give them anything; and this wont be a problem for anyone else.
The glowing Nessalin Nebula flickers eternally overhead.
This Angers The Shade of Nessalin.

Quote from: Mendel on November 30, 2010, 01:45:58 AM
Timer that lowers the probability of blocking after a succesful block.  Just enough to give dual wielders a little advantage in overwhelming someone with high block skill.

Strike from two places at once.

I think that if you find fighting someone with a shield to difficult, you rethink your own strategy as oppose to looking for a change in code to fit your frustration. 
The funny little foreign man

I often hear the jingle to -Riunite on ice- when I read the estate name Reynolte, eve though there ain't no ice in Zalanthas.

Quote from: Mendel on November 30, 2010, 01:45:58 AM
Timer that lowers the probability of blocking after a succesful block.  Just enough to give dual wielders a little advantage in overwhelming someone with high block skill.

Strike from two places at once.
Also, it also depends of proficiency with a weapon/fighting style.

Trust me, you'll notice a big difference in a Master Shield Use Vs. Master Dual Wield but if your dual wielder is below advanced dual wield vs. master shield use, chances are - You're going to see a good deal of your attacks blocked but also keep in mind you're 2 weapons vs. their 1 - So you have a greater chance to actually strike and/or parry them.
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

Dear Staff....

STOP WITH THE BLINDING SANDSTORMS ALL NIGHT EVERY NIGHT
I really want to have a chance to mug other PCs in that tiny window of opportunity.

Yours truly, Qzzrbl

Qzzrbl, there's about one night every 15 or so days that isn't a blinding sandstorm, when the moons are out.

Weather is different in each part of the world.  Can you be more specific, or was that hyperbole intended to just be venting?
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

Nah, it's almost always storming at night in Allanak.  It's not pitch blackness, but it's dark enough that you can't see people enter and/or leave.

Although...I wonder if the 'watch' command would allow you to at least see figures moving toward your location?
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

Also, as of this moment in Zalanthas, the greatest warrior in the known uses dual swords, not a sword and shield.
I've had a master shield character, they can deflect and block a lot, but also suffer in attack power. Keep in mind also a master dual wield master parry warrior would be parrying like all hell, and might not even need a shield.
Dat's what I think, anyways.
The Devil doesn't dawdle.

How do you know who the greatest warrior in the Known is, Scarecrow?

Quote from: Scarecrow on December 06, 2010, 10:06:11 PM
Also, as of this moment in Zalanthas, the greatest warrior in the known uses dual swords, not a sword and shield.
I've had a master shield character, they can deflect and block a lot, but also suffer in attack power. Keep in mind also a master dual wield master parry warrior would be parrying like all hell, and might not even need a shield.
Dat's what I think, anyways.

Yes. Read the thread if you want, or skip to page 7 and be dismissive.
-Reiloth

Words I repeat every time I start a post:
Quote from: Rathustra on June 23, 2016, 03:29:08 PM
Stop being shitty to each other.

Shields are rad. So rad that I think subguild guard is one of the best subguilds.

I disagree about just who's the Biggest Baddest Melee PC right now, but that's not a kosher avenue for discussion. Let's move on.

Quote from: Nyr on December 06, 2010, 03:38:01 PM
Weather is different in each part of the world.  Can you be more specific, or was that hyperbole intended to just be venting?

Erm, yeah....

It's Allanak.

Like clockwork, every time, BLINDINGSANDSTORMLOL from Late Night through Before Dawn.

He will be the best until someone knocks him off his pedastal.

Quote from: MeTekillot on December 06, 2010, 10:11:13 PM

One word Luirs
Sweet chaos let it unfold upon the land.
Guided forever by my adoring loving hand.
It is I the nightmare that sleeps but shall wake.

Welcome to the city of Allanak! I hope you brought desert navigation.

Ok.  I can look into Allanaki sandstorms.  I wouldn't say you can't mug people because your PC can't navigate or can't see at night in the city, though.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

Unfortunately, Nyr didn't tell you that most everyone's sandstorm dials go up to 10, and they're all set to 8 or 9 right now.

Nyr's, however, goes up to 11.

And that's what he's turning it to, now that you've gotten him to look at the problem.

n (stumbling out of the Gaj)

A Whirling, Maddening Sandstorm of Unknown Force
   You can't see anything here, because your eyes have already been ripped from your sockets.
   You feel your bones getting rapidly exposed to open air and sand.  Then the pain sets in.

Your world goes black.

You think:  Mommy.
Yes. Read the thread if you want, or skip to page 7 and be dismissive.
-Reiloth

Words I repeat every time I start a post:
Quote from: Rathustra on June 23, 2016, 03:29:08 PM
Stop being shitty to each other.

Quote from: Clavis on December 06, 2010, 11:38:55 PM

One word Luirs

Yes, because, as we all know, no player ever misses an RPT put on that dusty little burg.
"Let us endeavor so to live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry."
- Samuel Clemens

Quote from: Bilanthri on December 07, 2010, 06:44:44 PM
Quote from: Clavis on December 06, 2010, 11:38:55 PM

One word Luirs

Yes, because, as we all know, no player ever misses an RPT put on that dusty little burg.
I thought he meant Luirs was the greatest warrior in the Known.

I ain't gonna say it, but everyone not two hours old and been living under the Silt Sea knows who I'm talking about. I would also suggest  anyone who disputes otherwise to step up and challenge him, I think you'd get smacked down, and hard.
Just my opinion.
The Devil doesn't dawdle.

December 08, 2010, 02:59:50 AM #1197 Last Edit: December 08, 2010, 03:01:52 AM by Gunnerblaster
Enough IC penis measuring.

"Greatest warrior" is all perspective. Just because someone's tough shit in melee doesn't mean they won't go down like a heavy sack of shit after some poisoned arrows punches a hole through their neck.
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

My character has the biggest penis.

Seriously, I had to spec app for this.
Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote from: Delirium on August 04, 2014, 10:11:38 AM
fuck authority smoke weed erryday

oh and here's a free videogame.

Quote from: Gunnerblaster on December 08, 2010, 02:59:50 AM

"Greatest warrior" is all perspective. Just because someone's tough shit in melee doesn't mean they won't go down like a heavy sack of shit after some poisoned arrows punches a hole through their neck.

Wouldn't that be Bestest Archer of All Time, instead of Greatest Warrior, though?
Quote from: Wug on August 28, 2013, 05:59:06 AM
Vennant doesn't appear to age because he serves drinks at the speed of light. Now you know why there's no delay on the buy code in the Gaj.