Random Tiny CODE Wants

Started by daedroug, April 21, 2009, 11:25:21 PM

Again, no, you can not use targeted communications (tell, whisper) with an object as the target.
"I am a cipher, wrapped in an enigma, smothered in secret sauce."
- Jimmy James, the man so great they had to name him twice

I want... laser-like eyes.
Backstab is actually the only dialog option an assassin has.

Quote from: Lizzie on November 18, 2010, 06:29:48 PM
Whoever suggested "whisper self" - I never really gave it much thought. And then, today, I gave it much thought. What an awesome idea.

Being able to whisper softly, to no one specific...and the opportunity for particularly astute, attentive people to overhear you. You could play someone who thinks out loud...I think this is genius.

That was me. Mutterers of the land, unite!
Quote from: Niamh on September 24, 2009, 02:28:12 PM
Remember, you're never in trouble if you don't get caught!

Quote from: Wyx on June 28, 2009, 07:59:17 PM
Besides, the players know best

I want an 'ignore' function on the GDB, so I don't have to accidentally read posts from people I think are complete morons while I'm browsing through the topics.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

I want a read the last post button so I don't scroll down.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Quote from: Synthesis on November 26, 2010, 09:16:05 AM
I want an 'ignore' function on the GDB, so I don't have to accidentally read posts from people I think are complete morons while I'm browsing through the topics.

Me too. I also want it to display who is ignoring my posts so I can mark them ignored as well. That way people won't be responding to other's posts who aren't reading their responses anyway.
Quote from: Fnord on November 27, 2010, 01:55:19 PM
May the fap be with you, always. ;D

I want to be able to ignore entire sections....non-arm mainly.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

Seriously, I installed tampermonkey. (I use chrome.) I put the four people whose posts actually upset me on that list. I'm much happier now.
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

But...what if one of those people makes an awesome post of awesomeness and you miss it?
Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote from: Delirium on August 04, 2014, 10:11:38 AM
fuck authority smoke weed erryday

oh and here's a free videogame.

Quote from: Barzalene on November 26, 2010, 11:28:21 PMSeriously, I installed tampermonkey. (I use chrome.) I put the four people whose posts actually upset me on that list. I'm much happier now.
Even people that upset me can come up with gems once in a while.  I have to agree with lordcooper.  That's just asking for ignorance.  :(

You mean if they come up with the secret of the universe, or give out the winning lottery numbers? If they decide that the game's rules will now change? If they say something that isn't unpleasant and meaningful?  Like that?

Eh, I'll risk it.
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

I got this neat-o thing where I just... manually ignore people if I want to. With my eyeballs. Which honestly isn't often, at all. In fact, I'm realizing that I may be just a big old Carebear after all.  :-\

Of course, every time I peruse the Minecraft forums I see what idiotic, mean-spirited posters are -really- like, so I guess it inoculates me.
Quote from: nessalin on July 11, 2016, 02:48:32 PM
Trunk
hidden by 'body/torso'
hides nipples

Quote from: Zoltan on November 27, 2010, 12:33:35 PM
I got this neat-o thing where I just... manually ignore people if I want to. With my eyeballs. Which honestly isn't often, at all. In fact, I'm realizing that I may be just a big old Carebear after all.  :-\

I wish I were mature enough to be able to handle it this way.

Quote from: Barzalene on November 27, 2010, 01:36:49 PM
Quote from: Zoltan on November 27, 2010, 12:33:35 PM

I wish I were mature enough to be able to handle it this way.

I wish I were a big old Carebear.
Quote from: Fnord on November 27, 2010, 01:55:19 PM
May the fap be with you, always. ;D

Quote from: Marshmellow on November 20, 2010, 11:25:10 AM
Again, no, you can not use targeted communications (tell, whisper) with an object as the target.

For a tell, just direct it? Slightly different echo, but close enough. For a whisper.. well you're boned.

say (to ~pipe) Your smokin' today.

"Daddy, I barfed in my mouth!"

Yes, you can do that.  I was simply saying that all directed communication (tells and whispers) can only be directed to a PC or NPC.

Preconditions:  You are drunk or otherwise intoxicated.  Your mind is in contact with another's via the Way.

Want:  Aside from any other effects, sometimes "think" turns into "psi."
The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong.
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.

Quote from: brytta.leofa on November 29, 2010, 01:54:29 PM
Preconditions:  You are drunk or otherwise intoxicated.  Your mind is in contact with another's via the Way.

A dark-shelled scrab pinches at you, but you dodge out of the way.
A dark-shelled scrab brandishes its bone-handled, obsidian scimitar.
A dark-shelled scrab holds its bloodied wicked-edged, bone scimitar.

Haha, awesome!

Timer that lowers the probability of blocking after a succesful block.  Just enough to give dual wielders a little advantage in overwhelming someone with high block skill.

Strike from two places at once.

Quote from: Mendel on November 30, 2010, 01:45:58 AM
Timer that lowers the probability of blocking after a succesful block.  Just enough to give dual wielders a little advantage in overwhelming someone with high block skill.

Strike from two places at once.

Against two-handed, perhaps.... Shield-use could cover both attacking weapons.

Pshaw...block is already weaksauce. It seriously does not need to be nerfed.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

Quote from: Synthesis on November 30, 2010, 05:55:48 AM
Pshaw...block is already weaksauce.

Well.... Until paired with parry, sure.

But you make sense.

Quote from: helpfiles on "poison"Loosetongue:
Made from an unknown fungal growth found at the end of the northern grasslands, loosetongue is also known as 'Giant's Tongue.' It causes the victim to lose control of the volume of their voice, often speaking unintentional thoughts. The only known cure is said to grow deep in the Grey Forest.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

Quote from: Qzzrbl on November 30, 2010, 06:08:31 AM
Quote from: Synthesis on November 30, 2010, 05:55:48 AM
Pshaw...block is already weaksauce.

Well.... Until paired with parry, sure.

But you make sense.

My apologies for not having an epic, and expansive knowledge of the game mechanics.  I only know what's been happening to my character.

And, to make it clear that I am amiable, and not bitter:  8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

In retrospect it sill sounds bitter, even with the cool dudes.  Why can't cool dudes fix everything?