Random Tiny CODE Wants

Started by daedroug, April 21, 2009, 11:25:21 PM

I believe they do and some people use to wear two of them and then wear a tower shield.

I havn't seen -any- of them in a long time.
You lift ~ with all your strength.
A long length of bone doesn't move.

I don't think those bucklers work. Or at least they didn't seem to for me. Thought they looked cool, though!
Quote from: nessalin on July 11, 2016, 02:48:32 PM
Trunk
hidden by 'body/torso'
hides nipples

Quote from: Zoltan on October 24, 2010, 07:06:49 PM
I don't think those bucklers work. Or at least they didn't seem to for me. Thought they looked cool, though!

They're super fancy wrist armor, and that's about it.
Quote from: ZoltanWhen in doubt, play dangerous, awkward or intense situations to the hilt, every time.

The Official GDB Hate Cycle

My random tiny want is for pet objects (hawks, songbirds, snakes, lizards) to function like weapons do when bloodied, etc. and be unable to stain.
A dark-shelled scrab pinches at you, but you dodge out of the way.
A dark-shelled scrab brandishes its bone-handled, obsidian scimitar.
A dark-shelled scrab holds its bloodied wicked-edged, bone scimitar.

Quote from: spicemustflow on October 27, 2010, 03:20:12 AM
Actually, why are NPCs so tall? When a petite woman or a sickly child are taller than my taller-than-average warrior, you bet I'll make a towering freak next time.
For NPC's to be resized.

I looked at a "kid" once and he was mature for his age, weighed more then me and was basically a head taller.

WTF?
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

A lot of NPCs have their height/weight randomized each time they're loaded, perhaps their other stats too?
"I am a cipher, wrapped in an enigma, smothered in secret sauce."
- Jimmy James, the man so great they had to name him twice

Quote from: Marshmellow on October 27, 2010, 07:27:23 AM
A lot of NPCs have their height/weight randomized each time they're loaded, perhaps their other stats too?

If I remember correctly, stats are randomized too.

Same with mounts, each time you rent and offer ticket.

I want to see "unit" NPC's removed and replaced with an equal amount of "single" NPC's or higher with actual weapons.

To have a "unit" NPC walk into the room and "hit" you (unarmed) hard on the body is -200 stun, at the least.
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?

She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

Quote from: Gunnerblaster on November 03, 2010, 07:42:18 PM
I want to see "unit" NPC's removed and replaced with an equal amount of "single" NPC's or higher with actual weapons.

To have a "unit" NPC walk into the room and "hit" you (unarmed) hard on the body is -200 stun, at the least.

Had this happen to a character of mine during the most recent Tuluk-Allanak war (7 RL years ago?), I was hit by a unit of Half Giants - not fun.
When we found her Marnlee mornin',
Hoofprints walking up her back
There were empties by her war braids
And sixty-five dead carru in a stack.

~ Unknown - Heru Got Runover by a Carru

Yeah, I'd much rather that 'units' simply spawn aggro NPCs if you engage them in combat. Sucks less, more realistic.

I'd like a command that assesses the difficulty of a particular climb check. Not in numbers of course, but just easy, moderate or difficult would already be helpful. Any climber who is not blind should realistically be able to look at a cliffside and make a statement about the number of footholds and the roughness of the rock.

Quote from: HTX on November 05, 2010, 05:42:26 AM
Yeah, I'd much rather that 'units' simply spawn aggro NPCs if you engage them in combat. Sucks less, more realistic.

Yeah, if it spawned like 10 at a time, that could beat you down just as effectively as the unit PC.

No one in Zalanthas should be able to take on 10 people at a time, or 1 unit NPC.  No one.

We aren't fucking Jet Li.
Yes. Read the thread if you want, or skip to page 7 and be dismissive.
-Reiloth

Words I repeat every time I start a post:
Quote from: Rathustra on June 23, 2016, 03:29:08 PM
Stop being shitty to each other.

Quote from: Malifaxis on November 11, 2010, 11:57:26 AM

Yeah, if it spawned like 10 at a time, that could beat you down just as effectively as the unit PC.

No one in Zalanthas should be able to take on 10 people at a time, or 1 unit NPC.  No one.

We aren't fucking Jet Li.

Jet Li wields his super sweet lirapet in both hands.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Quote from: Dan on November 11, 2010, 12:10:34 PM

We aren't all fucking Jet Li.

Jet Li wields his super sweet lirapet in both hands.

Point taken.  Fixed.
Yes. Read the thread if you want, or skip to page 7 and be dismissive.
-Reiloth

Words I repeat every time I start a post:
Quote from: Rathustra on June 23, 2016, 03:29:08 PM
Stop being shitty to each other.

I don't think (or hope) the question was ever "should someone be able to beat a unit of 50+ half-giant?" but rather "should someone have a chance or two to flee away before getting one-shot for -200 stun damage?"

To not have scan/listen turn off unless I tell it to. :/
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.

November 11, 2010, 03:36:22 PM #1116 Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 03:41:39 PM by Gunnerblaster
I like the atmosphere it brings to the game, seeing a 'Unit' of soldiers actively patrolling, etc. but I don't like the mental image of

30 soldiers falcon punching a 'rinther pickpocket to death.

She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

We believe in falcon punches.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

Quote from: Nyr on November 11, 2010, 04:07:37 PM

I have to agree, the picture there sort of sold me on it.

Quote from: Wolfsong on November 11, 2010, 04:08:36 PM
Quote from: Nyr on November 11, 2010, 04:07:37 PM

I have to agree, the picture there sort of sold me on it.
Me too  :-[

She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

November 11, 2010, 11:17:23 PM #1120 Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 11:19:36 PM by Clavis
I am not jet li but can I be Bruce Lee???? please!!!!

I like the unit npc's it adds more flavor....would be cool if they randomly did things, if any npc did something randomly. LIke complain bout the weather, scratch themselves.

Shout idle profanity saw that in another mud thought it was cool....cept for the noone ever staid DEAD....
Sweet chaos let it unfold upon the land.
Guided forever by my adoring loving hand.
It is I the nightmare that sleeps but shall wake.

Quote from: MeTekillot on October 24, 2010, 06:35:52 PM
I think there are bucklers you can wear on your wrists. But I don't even know if those work as shields, and I doubt they do.

If they don't, my random tiny want is that they should function as shields :>

They didn't act as shields at all.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

We aren't fucking Jet Li Elithan.

FTFY
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

Unit's of soldiers already exist as echo's. Why do they need to exist as physical entities?

I say remove/replace them. Unless there is some world-shattering HRPT/RPT going on, they are just PC Overkill.

She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

Quote from: Gunnerblaster on November 12, 2010, 04:04:27 AM
Unit's of soldiers already exist as echo's. Why do they need to exist as physical entities?

I say remove/replace them. Unless there is some world-shattering HRPT/RPT going on, they are just PC Overkill.

While I understand your position on this, no.  Repeating yourself over and over is not going to make this happen.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.