Random Tiny CODE Wants

Started by daedroug, April 21, 2009, 11:25:21 PM

For backstab to be a passive skill that affects throw, if you are hidden.
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

Quote from: Reiloth on September 19, 2010, 10:01:24 PM

Throw is already pretty deadly at high levels. Saying this from someone who occasionally one-hits stuff while throwing.

Quote from: MeTekillot on September 19, 2010, 11:03:40 PM

Throw is already pretty deadly at high levels. Saying this from someone who occasionally one-hits stuff while throwing.

It's pretty easy to one-hit stuff via various methods when you're playing a half-giant. Hint: strength.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

Maybe not for Arm 1.0 but for 2.0, I'd like to see the value of money increased.

Everything should be less. Carrying around, on average, 200-500 'sid seems ridiculous to me, in realistic standards.

I'd rather that bottle of wine NOT cost a pound of black rock.

Maybe 1 coin has the equivalence of 3/5?

I feel stupid when I emote pulling a 'small' coin pouch of 500+ coins from my sash/swordbelt/cloak to pay for a drink >.>
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

Quote from: Synthesis on September 20, 2010, 12:29:57 PM
Quote from: MeTekillot on September 19, 2010, 11:03:40 PM

It's pretty easy to one-hit stuff via various methods when you're playing a half-giant. Hint: strength.

I've never played a half-giant, so I wouldn't know much about that.

Anyway.

For Arm to maybe loosely implement a speech correction system. Namely, just capitalizing the first letter of every sentence, and MAYBE for sentences to end in periods.

I know you're playing a garble-mouthed, rough character, but that doesn't mean I have to be annoyed OOCly watching you talk, sir.

Quote from: MeTekillot on September 20, 2010, 03:48:45 PM
For Arm to maybe loosely implement a speech correction system. Namely, just capitalizing the first letter of every sentence, and MAYBE for sentences to end in periods.

This made me lol inside.

While we're at it, how about capitalizing personal pronouns, adding apostrophes to contractions and using coordinating conjunctions properly.

One can dream  :-[
The man wears his heavy war-saddle on his back, covering a tattoo

Crawling up on all fours, the man sits on a sturdy bed

The man sends you a telepathic message:
     "Alright, you got to tame a wild one today."

Quote from: Kiara on September 21, 2010, 01:45:25 AM
Quote from: MeTekillot on September 20, 2010, 03:48:45 PM

This made me lol inside.

While we're at it, how about capitalizing personal pronouns, adding apostrophes to contractions and using coordinating conjunctions properly.

One can dream  :-[

Solution: Remove Dwarves, Rinthis and Bynners from the game.  :)
The Devil doesn't dawdle.

Unfortunately, it has spread to other places. And it's a shame. I tend not to read books that are written poorly. Like those books, I tend to view characters who are presented lazily the same way - worthless. I can understand language barriers and the like. These aren't language barriers. It's people who are too lazy to capitalize a sentence and put a period at the end.

It's ruining my story. In reality, it's also ruining yours.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

Quote from: Gunnerblaster on September 20, 2010, 03:46:56 PM
Maybe not for Arm 1.0 but for 2.0, I'd like to see the value of money increased.

Everything should be less. Carrying around, on average, 200-500 'sid seems ridiculous to me, in realistic standards.

I feel stupid when I emote pulling a 'small' coin pouch of 500+ coins from my sash/swordbelt/cloak to pay for a drink >.>

Eh, I just imagine them to be very small coins.

Also, no one is forcing you to keep all of your 'sid in a single 500+ coin stack. I keep 1 or 2 small in my character's belt or cloak pocket and the rest in the backpack or the bank.

Quote from: hyzhenhok on September 21, 2010, 02:42:16 AM

Also, no one is forcing you to keep all of your 'sid in a single 500+ coin stack. I keep 1 or 2 small in my character's belt or cloak pocket and the rest in the backpack or the bank.
Well, hell - Even 50 coin 'stacks' are alot.

How big are these coins & if they're so small, that just seems like another reason to scale their value up so our characters don't have to spend so much time counting them. It's not like every commoner walks around with an abacus strapped to their wrists/forearms for every-day use.

Emoting tossing down several coins for a mug of ale seems more fluid with the rough & tumble world of Zalanthas then your typical 'counts out five stacks & pushes them to the bartender' scene.
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

Quote from: Gunnerblaster on September 21, 2010, 04:45:37 AM

How big are these coins & if they're so small, that just seems like another reason to scale their value up so our characters don't have to spend so much time counting them. It's not like every commoner walks around with an abacus strapped to their wrists/forearms for every-day use.

Emoting tossing down several coins for a mug of ale seems more fluid with the rough & tumble world of Zalanthas then your typical 'counts out five stacks & pushes them to the bartender' scene.

I've sometimes played it as having some coins be a larger denomination than the rest, for playability's sake. I mean, handing someone 10000 coins just seems a bit ridiculous, and counting through them all. So I figured Nenyuk would give you a large coin marker, or several, for that amount of withdrawal.
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

Quote from: Reiloth on September 21, 2010, 04:31:54 PM
Quote from: Gunnerblaster on September 21, 2010, 04:45:37 AM

I've sometimes played it as having some coins be a larger denomination than the rest, for playability's sake. I mean, handing someone 10000 coins just seems a bit ridiculous, and counting through them all. So I figured Nenyuk would give you a large coin marker, or several, for that amount of withdrawal.

When playing higher-uppy PCs who would have access to that amount of coin on a regular basis, I often RP the Nenyuk transfer as the clerk merely writing a figure on a chit and saying he'll put the funds in the other account. It's not like they just have huge crates with nametags on them and dump coins in them when deposited.

(Though that would be awesome.)
Quote from: Oryxin a land...where nothing is as it seems
lol
wait wait
in a harsh desert..wait
in a world...where everything's out to kill you
one man (or woman) stands sort of alone
only not really
lol
KURAC

QuoteIt's not like every commoner walks around with an abacus strapped to their wrists/forearms for every-day use.

I dunno...speak for yourself...!

I want Nenyuk to service only clan leaders, nobles and templarate.
More cash laying around = more fun for everyone.  (Fun meaning worry, opportunity, betrayal and havoc.  You know, fun!)

Don't restrict all banking to only those few; instead, levy a fee on all transactions (percentage based, scaling with amount deposited) on all non-noble, non-templarate figures. Negate fee for clan transactions so sergeants, advisors, overseers can still function with relative ease, but leave the fee in place for personal accounts.
A dark-shelled scrab pinches at you, but you dodge out of the way.
A dark-shelled scrab brandishes its bone-handled, obsidian scimitar.
A dark-shelled scrab holds its bloodied wicked-edged, bone scimitar.

We've had the bank debate before.
"I am a cipher, wrapped in an enigma, smothered in secret sauce."
- Jimmy James, the man so great they had to name him twice

Welp, I still want it. 

Add another want:  a +1 or -1 way to mod posts like Slashdot or facebook.

You could always search-fu for an old thread or start another one instead of turning the Tiny Wants thread into a big want. :)
"I am a cipher, wrapped in an enigma, smothered in secret sauce."
- Jimmy James, the man so great they had to name him twice

Quote from: Wolfsong on September 22, 2010, 09:31:31 AM
Don't restrict all banking to only those few; instead, levy a fee on all transactions (percentage based, scaling with amount deposited) on all non-noble, non-templarate figures. Negate fee for clan transactions so sergeants, advisors, overseers can still function with relative ease, but leave the fee in place for personal accounts.

Cool idea, but if you had a higher percentage taken for larger transactions then some players would just make several smaller ones.

My RTW: The ability to quit out when asleep.
Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote from: Delirium on August 04, 2014, 10:11:38 AM
fuck authority smoke weed erryday

oh and here's a free videogame.

I think you should be able to give whatever you're holding/wielding to other people.

Quote from: Rhyden on September 28, 2010, 10:51:55 PM
I think you should be able to give whatever you're holding/wielding to other people.
Only if you have to do it this way:
GIVE EP/ES PERSON

... to avoid some really annoying syntax problems.
Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

I want to be able to hide objects in a room.

Syntax:
> hide backpack
You look around for a place to hide your bone-studded backpack.
Digging a shallow pit, you hide your bone-studded backpack in the shifting sands.
> search pack
You begin searching the area.
You don't find any 'pack' here.

- Anyone can do it.
- Perception skills (indoor or outdoor) give a bonus to both search and hide in the appropriate terrain.
- The search skill gives a large bonus to both search and hide.
- It's easier to find things you hid yourself.
- Hidden objects are only saved in save rooms, if that makes things substantially easier to code.  Whatever.
- If you're hiding, you can hide small objects without breaking your hide status.
- You can search while hidden, but with a penalty against success and a chance of breaking hide.
The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong.
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.

+1 at the above post.
All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

+2
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

+3

I feel the Search skill is widely underused, and only useful in rooms where the thing you're searching for isn't BLATANTLY obvious in the room description. Having things you can hide, or tell people "Check underneath the bench" and have them constantly searching the room for that bag of coin would be GREAT. Then, you could have soldiers coming by, wondering what it is you're searching for and it'd be awesome.

+4
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.