Random Tiny CODE Wants

Started by daedroug, April 21, 2009, 11:25:21 PM

HELL no don't make psionicists immune to this. I think your idea has merit.

RTW: It's been said before but...track ability. Make it passive.
The man wears his heavy war-saddle on his back, covering a tattoo

Crawling up on all fours, the man sits on a sturdy bed

The man sends you a telepathic message:
     "Alright, you got to tame a wild one today."

I dunno, I wouldn't like to make them any less dangerous. I would like I stop psi squealing though.

September 16, 2010, 09:12:26 AM #1002 Last Edit: September 16, 2010, 09:15:50 AM by Talia
Edited for IC info.

Quote from: Spoon on September 16, 2010, 07:05:23 AM
Some kind of psi kryptonite that can be placed in rooms, nullifying people's use of contact in the area. Maybe make it a massive piece of magnetic rock that's pretty tricky to move around, but can be placed in single rooms for interrogation and such. Could well make psions immune, or course.

Dude, psi kryptonite already exists.  Find out IC, I guess...although, really, it should be common knowledge.

You can also just make your detainee contact you and let him know in no uncertain terms that if you feel the contact drop, he's dead meat.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

Quote from: Synthesis on September 16, 2010, 06:06:00 PM
Dude, psi kryptonite already exists.  Find out IC, I guess...although, really, it should be common knowledge.

It's not common knowledge, and it's not in the documentation, therefore it should not be common knowledge. Let's keep it that way. Let's not ruin it for anyone. Thanks.
Quote from: Decameron on September 16, 2010, 04:47:50 PM
Character: "I've been working on building a new barracks for some tim-"
NPC: "Yeah, that fell through, sucks but YOUR HOUSE IS ON FIREEE!! FIRE-KANKS!!"

If you're looking for psi kryptonite, it's called alcohol.

September 16, 2010, 06:36:18 PM #1006 Last Edit: September 16, 2010, 07:46:02 PM by Spoon
Quote from: Synthesis on September 16, 2010, 06:06:00 PM
Quote from: Spoon on September 16, 2010, 07:05:23 AM
Some kind of psi kryptonite that can be placed in rooms, nullifying people's use of contact in the area. Maybe make it a massive piece of magnetic rock that's pretty tricky to move around, but can be placed in single rooms for interrogation and such. Could well make psions immune, or course.

Dude, psi kryptonite already exists.  Find out IC, I guess...although, really, it should be common knowledge.

You can also just make your detainee contact you and let him know in no uncertain terms that if you feel the contact drop, he's dead meat.

Yeah, I know about that. First time I saw someone tell someone to contact them and stay in their mind I shuddered a little. It's such a crappy workaround.

edit: All my point of view. I dislike it because I'm one of those people who doesn't like everyone having contact, though at the same time see it as an invaluable tool for playability.

The ability to tell what type (slashing, stabbing, etc.) a weapon is, regardless of guild.

I may be missing something, but I don't see why this has to be restricted to guilds having the skill -- especially when in the mdesc of many items it's explained what type of weapon it is... Just not all of them.
QuoteSunshine all the time makes a desert.
Vote at TMS
Vote at TMC

Quote from: TwilightOr, more interestingly to me at least, if you consider that it is probably the way the elven mind works that gives rise tribes in the first place (since each and every single one should have a tribe), and I would propose to the purpose of creating an identifying, specifically elven culture (which I would argue elves need), and every culture has this aspect to it, there is something there, beyond culture, probably at the same level as the drive to belong to tribes, that elves -literally can't- get past in their minds in order to ride.  And staff says this extends to wagons and skimmers as well.  Okay.

I want another city-elf tribe, not just one in Tuluk.
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

There are two coded city-elf tribes, one in Tuluk and one in Allanak. May I introduce you to the Jaxa Pah?
NPC: "Yeah, that fell through, sucks but YOUR HOUSE IS ON FIREEE!! FIRE-KANKS!!"

No, one in Tuluk and one in the Rinth.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

The 'Rinth is in Allanak, so point is moot.
"I am a cipher, wrapped in an enigma, smothered in secret sauce."
- Jimmy James, the man so great they had to name him twice

Quote from: Talia on September 17, 2010, 03:14:26 PM
There are two coded city-elf tribes, one in Tuluk and one in Allanak. May I introduce you to the Jaxa Pah?
Check & Mate.

Guess whose rolling a 'rinther, next character?

(Probably not me, but still!)
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

Rinth has own culture, accent, start locs, being in allanak does not make it allanak. If that was the case you would not be known as a rinther, you would just be allanak scum. Oh, and rinthers are not allanak citizens.

So, allanak does not have a coded celf tribe.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

Very technically, Rinthers are Allanaki Citizens.

Just like Compton, California, is refered to as part of L.A., since it is in Los Angeles County.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

Don't mistake the coded aspects that differentiate the Allanakis from the Rinthis for other things.

I wish accounts had 'profiles' that could be accessed from in-game, by targeting a PC.  Each profile would have a few standard settings that the player could fill out, as desired.

>lookup amof
I'm sorry, that character isn't here.

>lookup amos

>Reading the tall, muscular man's player profile...
Standard playtimes: off-peak.  interact with me plz!
Consent status: Torture OK, Kidnapping OK, Rape BAD!
Player location: down under

Even if you ignore the coded aspects, which is IMO silly, rinthis are not treated the same, they do not treat nakkis the same, the non-coded aspects making them other then nak are actually greater then the coded.
Lizzie:

They are still considered Allanaki citizens, just ones that are not respected and not trusted because they come from an unlawful portion of the city.  Their 'hunting grounds' if (to speak metaphorically) includes the same range that any 'Nakki would.  They are inside Allanak.

Hey guys? This debate is not very important, completely off-topic for this thread, and also pretty much comes down to a matter of opinion on either side. If you want to debate it, please open a different thread for that. Thanks.

Thread started, since it's so goddamn important.

My random tiny want is that people would spend less time arguing over minutia.  Can we code that?
Yes. Read the thread if you want, or skip to page 7 and be dismissive.
-Reiloth

Words I repeat every time I start a post:
Quote from: Rathustra on June 23, 2016, 03:29:08 PM
Stop being shitty to each other.

September 18, 2010, 07:12:50 AM #1021 Last Edit: September 18, 2010, 07:27:04 AM by Qzzrbl
My random want?

Make the "up" and "down" directions entirely unaffected by darkness or storm code....

I simply -cannot- reasonably justify going north when I'm trying to climb a cliff face.

::Edited to add::

Also, I wish all characters had a low-capped climb skill, at the very least....

Everyone can climb a little!

I condone this.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

Quote from: Qzzrbl on September 18, 2010, 07:12:50 AM
My random want?

Make the "up" and "down" directions entirely unaffected by darkness or storm code....

I simply -cannot- reasonably justify going north when I'm trying to climb a cliff face.

::Edited to add::

Also, I wish all characters had a low-capped climb skill, at the very least....

Everyone can climb a little!

Everyone does have a small chance to succeed at climbing, even without the skill.  It seems to be about a 10% chance for success for ordinary-difficulty climbs.  You can even get an inix to climb up the shield wall, if you're patient enough.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

Quote from: Malifaxis on September 17, 2010, 05:12:56 PM
Thread started, since it's so goddamn important.

My random tiny want is that people would spend less time arguing over minutia.  Can we code that?

Check out my sig, bro!
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~