Random Tiny CODE Wants

Started by daedroug, April 21, 2009, 11:25:21 PM

Throwing without a target.

throw fruit west
you throw a fruit west
Quote from: scienceAn early study by Plaut and Kohn-Speyer (1947)[11] found that horse smegma had a carcinogenic effect on mice. Heins et al.(1958)

Quote from: Ampere on August 29, 2010, 06:20:23 PM
Throwing without a target.

throw fruit west
you throw a fruit west

I've idea'd this before.  I think it would be useful (and realistic) to toss a torch down a hole to see if there's anything lurking inside.
Quote from: ZoltanWhen in doubt, play dangerous, awkward or intense situations to the hilt, every time.

The Official GDB Hate Cycle

I wish stat ordering in char gen worked for non-humans, or at least worked the way you might expect it to.

Stat values should be aligned by stat description, regardless of the numerical min/max of any race.

Nosave Nokill

You will no longer accidentally die in a bar fight. Because you will not kick bash accidentally.

Turn off nosave nokill if you really want to kill them and get guard raped!

Turned on for new characters. Only applies to brawl rooms?

Heh. I was there for that. Nice.

Quote from: KankWhisperer on August 30, 2010, 09:59:37 PM
Nosave Nokill

You will no longer accidentally die in a bar fight. Because you will not kick bash accidentally.

Turn off nosave nokill if you really want to kill them and get guard raped!

Turned on for new characters. Only applies to brawl rooms?

I'm all for anything that will make the game friendlier for the new folks.
Quote from: ZoltanWhen in doubt, play dangerous, awkward or intense situations to the hilt, every time.

The Official GDB Hate Cycle

I'd like for some aggressive wildlife (depending on size, buffness, and personal habits) to be more interested in my mount than in me.
The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong.
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.

I want only burglars to be able to lock picked apartment doors behind them. If this is already the case and I am mistaken, apologies in advance. Other guilds just would be... too twinky with it.

Spice effects (both high and low) to last 50-75% longer.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

Quote from: Synthesis on August 31, 2010, 09:50:38 PM

Much agreed.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Thats what most drug addicts want in RL.
The funny little foreign man

I often hear the jingle to -Riunite on ice- when I read the estate name Reynolte, eve though there ain't no ice in Zalanthas.

Quote from: Potaje on September 01, 2010, 04:14:15 PM

Thats what most drug addicts want in RL.

More the highs than the lows. But then again, drug addicts IRL just want to feel normal hah.
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

Normal being high, because they're addicted to drugs.

How about making it impossible to pick things up during combat if you don't have any hands free?

People generally frown upon disarm;pick up sword, this would kick it in the nuts for good and stop some NPCs who don't know any better from doing it because their script says 'grab everything all the time'. And if someone really wants to get a fallen weapon, they have to sheathe one first. I just can't imagine people fumbling to pick up a sword when they have their hands full (sure, out of combat is fine, it'd just get annoying otherwise)

Quote from: Spoon on September 03, 2010, 09:01:08 AM
How about making it impossible to pick things up during combat if you don't have any hands free?

Krath no, please. There are already penalties for doing this, but don't let's make getting disarmed more of a death sentence than it presently is.

Quote from: brytta.leofa on September 03, 2010, 10:37:29 AM

Krath no, please. There are already penalties for doing this, but don't let's make getting disarmed more of a death sentence than it presently is.

If you get disarmed, you'll have a hand free, therefore you'd be able to pick up an item under Spoon's suggestion.

Quote from: Cutthroat on September 03, 2010, 12:56:20 PM
Quote from: brytta.leofa on September 03, 2010, 10:37:29 AM

If you get disarmed, you'll have a hand free, therefore you'd be able to pick up an item under Spoon's suggestion.

D'oh.  Which would actually balance things a little more toward the disarmee.  I recant my objection.

...or you could pull another weapon so that you won't be quite as screwed by picking something up in combat.  Wait, under this idea you can't.  Sorry, disarming is powerful enough already.  If the penalties from picking up in combat were lessened, I'd be happy with this realism added, but as it stands, playability trumps realism in this situation, imho.
"I am a cipher, wrapped in an enigma, smothered in secret sauce."
- Jimmy James, the man so great they had to name him twice

If it made impossible to pick up a felled weapon of an opponents, then I want a kick weapon i(direction) command. Realistically I could boot the weapon out of reach, stand on or over it, and or keep it from being retrieved. So picking up a felled weapon in this regard kind of makes since. 
The funny little foreign man

I often hear the jingle to -Riunite on ice- when I read the estate name Reynolte, eve though there ain't no ice in Zalanthas.

Perhaps taking the disarmed weapon into inventory should be another potential consequence of a highly-skilled critical success.

Uh, no.

The idea seems to have zipped over a few heads.

The 'advantage' would be with the person who was disarmed. Though there would be no advantage, as everything would be exactly the same as before.

It would stop the combatant who has his hands full from picking up another weapon. If they -really- want to pick it up, they can sheathe a weapon. Imagine someone with two weapons trying to pick up another weapon -whilst- fighting.

Seriously, it's not very complicated! ;)

Have you noticed we have an inventory system, not a strict "you can only carry one thing in each hand" system like SoI?  Personally, I'm a fan of inventory.

Quote from: Synthesis on September 03, 2010, 07:04:42 PM
Have you noticed we have an inventory system, not a strict "you can only carry one thing in each hand" system like SoI?  Personally, I'm a fan of inventory.
You know what? In combat, if you pick up a fallen longsword while dual wielding scimitars, I think that's fucking retarded. While in combat, you can only pick up something if one or more hands are free - It makes sense. So that raiders can't '>disarm; disarm; get all' like an unrealistic twink.

We still have "inventory" room but we aren't suddenly able to 'get all' while in combat, anymore.

If you really want to disarm & steal someone's weapon to keep them from fighting back, then you'll have to sheathe one weapon so you can grab up the fallen weapon/item.

Quote from: Spoon on September 03, 2010, 06:16:37 PM
It would stop the combatant who has his hands full from picking up another weapon. If they -really- want to pick it up, they can sheathe a weapon. Imagine someone with two weapons trying to pick up another weapon -whilst- fighting.
This is a very nice idea and would -love- to see it implemented into Arm 1.0.
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.