Random Tiny CODE Wants

Started by daedroug, April 21, 2009, 11:25:21 PM

Quote from: Synthesis on August 26, 2010, 06:31:34 PM
Quote from: FantasyWriter on August 26, 2010, 06:15:26 PM
>make smoke half half

You role the half-tubes into a WHOLE tube of spice.

What the hell difference does it make? Just smoke one, then smoke the other, sheesh.

Tell that to someone who is high.  ;D
Quote from: Fnord on November 27, 2010, 01:55:19 PM
May the fap be with you, always. ;D

Quote from: Synthesis on August 26, 2010, 06:31:34 PM
Quote from: FantasyWriter on August 26, 2010, 06:15:26 PM
>make smoke half half

You role the half-tubes into a WHOLE tube of spice.

What the hell difference does it make? Just smoke one, then smoke the other, sheesh.

Why the hell just not change the sdesc to get rid of the word 'half'?
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Also, if you want to -BUY- a cigarette off me and I give you two butts.  How does that make you feel?
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

For consistency, whenever a cooking craft is used, the result should have "half-eaten" prefixed to the sdesc.  So there'd be no such thing as grilled carru steaks, only half-eaten grilled carru steaks.

What difference would it make?
Quote from: Synthesis
Quote from: lordcooper
You go south and one of the other directions that isn't north.  That is seriously the limit of my geographical knowledge of Arm.
Sarge?

Want:

A way to tell how something/someone died. Was it an axe? Are there puncture marks from an animal that bites? Claw marks?

I want to know these things so that I can roleplay accordingly.
The man wears his heavy war-saddle on his back, covering a tattoo

Crawling up on all fours, the man sits on a sturdy bed

The man sends you a telepathic message:
     "Alright, you got to tame a wild one today."

Quote from: Kiara on August 28, 2010, 02:24:34 AM
Want:

A way to tell how something/someone died. Was it an axe? Are there puncture marks from an animal that bites? Claw marks?

Please

QuoteA female voice says, in sirihish:
     "] yer a wizard, oashi"

Want:

Depending on the type of attack this ultimately kills someone, maybe the ldesc should auto-change dependent upon it.

Slashing Weapons:
So-and-so's body is crumpled here, covered in slash wounds.

Piercing Weapons:
So-and-so's body is crumpled here, covered in pierce wounds.

Biting/Clawing/Pecking
So-and-so's body is crumpled here, covered in bite marks/scratches/pecked apart.
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

Beneath the Shield Wall
- So-and-so is here, flat as a pancake.
You go south and one of the other directions that isn't north.  That is seriously the limit of my geographical knowledge of Arm.
Sarge?

Quote from: Gunnerblaster on August 28, 2010, 03:29:10 PM
Want:

Depending on the type of attack this ultimately kills someone, maybe the ldesc should auto-change dependent upon it.

Slashing Weapons:

Piercing Weapons:

Biting/Clawing/Pecking
So-and-so's body is crumpled here, covered in bite marks/scratches/pecked apart.

If it was based simply on the last attack, people could turn mercy on, hack something to mortally wounded with an axe, then pull out a skinning knife to land the killing blow.

"Stabbed to death in this here alley? Damn elves!"

You notice: Farther down the alley, a very short shadow lovingly fondles his heavy bone cleaver.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

Quote from: Synthesis on August 28, 2010, 04:56:09 PM
Quote from: Gunnerblaster on August 28, 2010, 03:29:10 PM
Want:

Slashing Weapons:

Piercing Weapons:

Biting/Clawing/Pecking

If it was based simply on the last attack, people could turn mercy on, hack something to mortally wounded with an axe, then pull out a skinning knife to land the killing blow.

"Stabbed to death in this here alley? Damn elves!"

You notice: Farther down the alley, a very short shadow lovingly fondles his heavy bone cleaver.
Anything can be viewed as misuse but it could also be a clever way to try and cover up a murder.

Hacking someone up, mercy on, then throwing him out to some scrab makes it look like he was killed out in the wilderness instead of murdered.

As it is now, we have -no- idea what killed someone. We can only judge by the amount of blood stains on their equipment and where they were found. For all we know, they could have just had a heart-attack and died right there, the way it is currently.

If you add an auto-ldesc to a corpse, you atleast have an idea that -something- killed them.

Finding the corpse out in the wilderness, you wonder if it was done by animals or done by man - Since we are all unable to tell the difference, this would be helpful.
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?

She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

And yeah, if the information was coded only in the ldesc, anyone could just arrange the corpse after killing it to circumvent the death auto-ldesc.

If something like this goes in, the only way it would make sense would be to have every wound appended to the corpse's (person's) mdesc.

E.g.

l corpse

This is a corpse, and this is where the player's mdesc would be.
It has a large contusion on the head, a contusion on the body, a small contusion on the arms, a puncture wound on the neck, and a grievous puncture wound on the back.

think Weren't no scrab that did -that-.

Quote from: Synthesis on August 28, 2010, 06:32:56 PM
And yeah, if the information was coded only in the ldesc, anyone could just arrange the corpse after killing it to circumvent the death auto-ldesc.

If something like this goes in, the only way it would make sense would be to have every wound appended to the corpse's (person's) mdesc.

E.g.

l corpse

It has a large contusion on the head, a contusion on the body, a small contusion on the arms, a puncture wound on the neck, and a grievous puncture wound on the back.

Yeah, I like that idea even more. Maybe make the details less specific - Where they were hit on the body, when you consider they're already dead, doesn't really matter - As long as a general idea of the cause of death can be determined.

Assess -v body
Insert generic info here
It seems to have been bludgeoned/slashed/pierced/chopped/clawed/pinched/bitten.

She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

Quote from: Gunnerblaster on August 28, 2010, 07:41:12 PM

E.g.

l corpse

Yeah, I like that idea even more. Maybe make the details less specific - Where they were hit on the body, when you consider they're already dead, doesn't really matter - As long as a general idea of the cause of death can be determined.

Assess -v body
Insert generic info here

I think showing the location of various wounds would be interesting. There is a very clear difference between a wound to the neck and a wound to the waist, so I think it'd be worthwhile to show the location of various wounds.

Perhaps, even if you're still alive, someone who assess'/looks at you they can see the wounds you bear?

Health(75/120) Stun(100/100) Stamina(137/143)

>nosave heal off

Warning: You are currently NOT healing/recovering.

Health(75/120) Stun(100/100) Stamina(137/143)

>nosave heal on

You are healing/recovering normally.

Health(76/120) Stun(100/100) Stamina(137/143)

Ever thought you recovered too codedly quickly from that grevious wound to the neck and/or near death experience?

She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

What happens if the corpse would realistically have been chewed apart by NPCs or picked at by scavengers, but it doesn't happen IC for lack of coded implementation? This is me playing devil's advocate, but I think that if wound recognition goes in, so does more realistic NPC behavior towards corpses. Bring on the rats, scavengers, and more.

Also, corpses should degrade into skeletons, which should stick around for far longer.

Quote from: chuci on August 28, 2010, 09:41:07 PM
What happens if the corpse would realistically have been chewed apart by NPCs or picked at by scavengers, but it doesn't happen IC for lack of coded implementation? This is me playing devil's advocate, but I think that if wound recognition goes in, so does more realistic NPC behavior towards corpses. Bring on the rats, scavengers, and more.

Also, corpses should degrade into skeletons, which should stick around for far longer.

+1

The corpse of the tall, muscular man is lying here.
The rotten corpse of a tall, muscular man is lying here.
The remains of a tall, muscular man are lying here.
Skeletal remains are lying here.

Quote>view longsword
A longsword can be hooked onto a belt.
You test its weight and decide that you could use it.
You could use this in either hand.
A longsword seems to be a slashing weapon.
A longsword appears unremarkable to your eyes.

>view big.longsword
A big longsword can be hooked onto a belt.
You test its weight and decide that you could use it.
You can only use this in your main hand.
A big longsword seems to be a slashing weapon.
A big longsword appears unremarkable to your eyes.

I would like to see, during purchase and/or while assessing a weapon/item if it can be held in either hand, both hands, or only your main hand.

She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

I like Chuci's idea about the rotting corpses. Maybe once they reach rotting stage they are sufficiently rotted as to make identity not discernable, but still have the body there. It has always -slightly- troubled me how corpses go from fresh and bloody to totally vanishing. Also like the idea about seeing how someone died. Realistically you would know, looking at a body, about some forms of being killed.
I.e looking at someone beaten to death by a club, they are all smashed up and bloodied. Looking at someone killed by a scrab, they are all ripped apart and chewed.
The Devil doesn't dawdle.

I wish city street denizens would walk around rather than being randomly spawned at each reboot, stuck and unmoving for however many weeks it is until the next reboot.

NPCs do wander around briefly upon a reboot, and every time they respawn (unless they're coded to stay in a particular place).  Once that brief period is over though, they seem to stay in place.

Quote from: Blackisback on August 28, 2010, 08:44:56 PM
Quote from: Gunnerblaster on August 28, 2010, 07:41:12 PM

E.g.

l corpse

Assess -v body
Insert generic info here

I think showing the location of various wounds would be interesting. There is a very clear difference between a wound to the neck and a wound to the waist, so I think it'd be worthwhile to show the location of various wounds.

Perhaps, even if you're still alive, someone who assess'/looks at you they can see the wounds you bear?

SoI and Harshlands do that.

If we are going to do this for the bodies, make heads an item that doesn't disapear, they can degrade too maybe.

Quote from: Shepard on August 29, 2010, 01:22:42 PM
If we are going to do this for the bodies, make heads an item that doesn't disapear, they can degrade too maybe.

Yes please.  And even then, I'd love to have a shelf in my apartment lined with objects such as, "The desiccated head of the tall, muscular man."
Sarge?

A more subtle look that doesn't echo everytime. I hate scrolling and I spam the eff out of look and seem like a stalker.
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.

Quote from: boog on August 29, 2010, 05:15:41 PM
A more subtle look that doesn't echo everytime. I hate scrolling and I spam the eff out of look and seem like a stalker.

help peek?
A dark-shelled scrab pinches at you, but you dodge out of the way.
A dark-shelled scrab brandishes its bone-handled, obsidian scimitar.
A dark-shelled scrab holds its bloodied wicked-edged, bone scimitar.