Random Tiny CODE Wants

Started by daedroug, April 21, 2009, 11:25:21 PM

Cutt Throat: Yes, that would be awesome. Perhaps have indicators on their sdesc/mdesc that shows they are in need of repair, like armor does.

>A chipped, bone longsword
>A battered, obsidian-tipped spear
>A cracked, stone warhammer

ass -v pack

A pack can be worn across one's back.
It can be opened and closed.
It could probably hold around 83437823  stones.
It shows traces of powders at the opening/it has been TRAPPED/Danger DO NOT OPEN

And for it to work with boxes, pouches, and all containers that can be trapped. For those with the trap skill. Very much like how poison works would be great.

There is no happy ending on Armageddon.

A mutter command.

Muter (grumbling under his breath) Why isn't this possible?

QuoteA female voice says, in sirihish:
     "] yer a wizard, oashi"

whisper me
tell me
The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong.
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.

Quote from: brytta.leofa on August 05, 2010, 07:27:22 PM
whisper me
tell me

You can't seem to get your mouth close enough to your ear...

Quote from: Qzzrbl on August 05, 2010, 07:28:31 PM
Quote from: brytta.leofa on August 05, 2010, 07:27:22 PM
whisper me
tell me

You can't seem to get your mouth close enough to your ear...

I've been wanting this forever. Seriously.
Quote from: Niamh on September 24, 2009, 02:28:12 PM
Remember, you're never in trouble if you don't get caught!

Quote from: Wyx on June 28, 2009, 07:59:17 PM
Besides, the players know best

It would be nice for you to be able to see the echo everyone else does when you use post/pre emotes while moving, entering, or leaving.  I'm never really sure if people are even seeing anything.

I don't find it very logical that shopkeepers in cities with famine don't buy a larger amount of food than the 5 item limit. Could the limit be raised just for food and just in those cities?

Also, the purchase prices for some of the food are extremely low compared to the selling price. The demand for food should be so massively larger than the supply that selling food in a famine area should be quite profitable, especially in large quantities. And it should be well known where to sell it in large quantities. Maybe the templarate would set up additional food stores? PCs are either too poor to afford food from other PCs, or are clanned and don't need it.

Some semi-random food thoughts!

I'm fairly sure several VNPCs I passed by would give me more than the 4 coins the shopkeeper offered me for a tuber.  :P

Quote from: Old Kank on August 04, 2010, 11:36:04 AM
As a player, I wish there were a way to get some closure on what happened to other characters.  Sometimes playing this game feels like reading a book, only to find the last four chapters are missing.

Maybe a wiki, or some automatically-updated web tool that would allow players to look up characters that have been dead for more than a year, and see things like where/when/how they died and any details that character's player has chosen to make available like biographies, who played them, or short story narratives about what happened to the character, or the character's life in general.

I often find myself wondering what the Drov happened to so-and-so...

Quote from: manipura on August 09, 2010, 08:45:39 AM
Quote from: Old Kank on August 04, 2010, 11:36:04 AM
As a player, I wish there were a way to get some closure on what happened to other characters.  Sometimes playing this game feels like reading a book, only to find the last four chapters are missing.

Maybe a wiki, or some automatically-updated web tool that would allow players to look up characters that have been dead for more than a year, and see things like where/when/how they died and any details that character's player has chosen to make available like biographies, who played them, or short story narratives about what happened to the character, or the character's life in general.

I often find myself wondering what the Drov happened to so-and-so...
Maybe even claw marks/sword marks/axe marks/etc. on the bodies...

QuoteA female voice says, in sirihish:
     "] yer a wizard, oashi"

More apartments, and more size/price variations.  Also, when an apartment becomes available all items from inside should be automatically cleared out.

It's kind of ridiculous that when I see an available apartment, my first thought is, "I should rent that now because even though my character doesn't need it and can barely afford it, that will be easier than finding an available apartment later..."

I kind of agree, but... I think there are enough apartments, just not nearly enough with decent locks. The cheap ones are close to useless with how much they get broken into. There is a serious shortage of the more expensive apartments.

Quote from: Old Kank on August 09, 2010, 10:55:40 AM
Also, when an apartment becomes available all items from inside should be automatically cleared out.

Noooooes. I love finding nice little presents dead pcs left behind. Don't take my boots!
The man wears his heavy war-saddle on his back, covering a tattoo

Crawling up on all fours, the man sits on a sturdy bed

The man sends you a telepathic message:
     "Alright, you got to tame a wild one today."

Quote from: Old Kank on August 09, 2010, 10:55:40 AM
Also, when an apartment becomes available all items from inside should be automatically cleared out.

The upside to this is a cease of the ridiculous "let's rent this apartment to see if there's loot inside" practice. I'll bet my boots that's a contributing factor to the reason why apartments get so scarce.

"There are 0 visible Immortals currently in the world."

I want that to be gone. It says that whether or not there are staff around, but it can't help but be discouraging for prospective players. The gaj can be completely empty during off-peak hours, so I think we could handle the extra players.

That and clan recruiting times on the front page for large, open clans like the byn...

Actually, it just tells you whether or not there are visible staff around, which is occasionally necessary for direct communication or setups.  Storytellers are generally not allowed to be visible.  Administrators are occasionally visible.  Producers are occasionally visible.  At any given time you have at least one staffer online, even if idle (and right now we have a few), but if you were to look right now, you probably wouldn't "see" anyone.

Clan recruiting times probably wouldn't be helpful to post as they'd change for each new Sergeant or each new PC leader.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

Quote from: Nyr on August 09, 2010, 02:07:53 PM
Actually, it just tells you whether or not there are visible staff around, which is occasionally necessary for direct communication or setups.

I think what jalden's saying is that it would be better to say nothing when the number visible is zero.

"There are 0 visible Immortals currently in the world."
> think (OOC) No one cares. I feel new and depressed and alienated.
The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong.
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.

When you're in certain clans and you go to one of your clan's shops, your PC will get discounts on the items sold there.

I'd like to still be able to see what ordinary blokes would be paying for the items.

Something like this:

1) a wooden widget for 10/15 coins, a few are available.

Where 10 is the price you pay, and 15 is the price everyone else pays.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

Quote from: brytta.leofa on August 09, 2010, 02:26:17 PM
I think what jalden's saying is that it would be better to say nothing when the number visible is zero.

Oh!  I see.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

August 09, 2010, 02:44:38 PM #794 Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 02:46:09 PM by jalden
Quote from: Nyr on August 09, 2010, 02:36:41 PM
Quote from: brytta.leofa on August 09, 2010, 02:26:17 PM

Oh!  I see.

Yep I think it just shouldn't be there and that who should just list players since it basically always says there is no staff. Not a huge deal but a pet peeve I guess :).

I'd like an in game kudos command that sends kudos discreetly to other players for them to view them at the log in info. Like 'K' for kudos viewing. Maybe it'd cut out some work for staff, too.
Quote from: Return of the King (1980)
It's so easy not to try,
Let the world go drifting by--
If you never say, "Hello,"
You won't have to say, "Good Bye."

Quote from: Mazy on August 09, 2010, 03:33:31 PM
I'd like an in game kudos command that sends kudos discreetly to other players for them to view them at the log in info. Like 'K' for kudos viewing. Maybe it'd cut out some work for staff, too.

The thought has been put out there, but in the end staff NEED to review these things because if it was unsupervised, it would end up being a tool for OOC communication in SOME way. Also, if you were unable to see the person, or target them for whatever reason, what happens then?
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Quote from: Riev on August 09, 2010, 03:41:48 PM
Quote from: Mazy on August 09, 2010, 03:33:31 PM

The thought has been put out there, but in the end staff NEED to review these things because if it was unsupervised, it would end up being a tool for OOC communication in SOME way. Also, if you were unable to see the person, or target them for whatever reason, what happens then?

Yeah, good points :/.

I was thinking more a long the lines of the staff reviewing them line applications without have to use the request tool though and to log them as well. But I guess there's no need to fix a tool that isn't really broken or totally borked.
Quote from: Return of the King (1980)
It's so easy not to try,
Let the world go drifting by--
If you never say, "Hello,"
You won't have to say, "Good Bye."

Npc prostitutes to have a script on them (naughty by nature, alluding to raciness) that was equal to the coins paid them.

20 sid Bj
40 sid hand
75 straight up good time
100 sid around the world

all with their own little quirky, maybe dirty funny scripts.

I beat people would be spending lots of sid in game, specially if written well.
The funny little foreign man

I often hear the jingle to -Riunite on ice- when I read the estate name Reynolte, eve though there ain't no ice in Zalanthas.

Quote from: Potaje on August 10, 2010, 07:10:26 PM
Npc prostitutes to have a script on them (naughty by nature, alluding to raciness) that was equal to the coins paid them.

20 sid Bj
40 sid hand
75 straight up good time
100 sid around the world

all with their own little quirky, maybe dirty funny scripts.

I beat people would be spending lots of sid in game, specially if written well.
As interesting of an idea as that may be, I'm pretty sure it's too explicit for the staff to put into something that can be commonly 'bought', like some NPC Vendor's shop.

I would like to see more:
1.) NPC singing/storytelling bards (Like from the original Bard's Barrel)
2.) NPC dancers (Mildly exotic or otherwise)

A Certain Tavern in the North had plenty of Timed-NPC scripts that would do certain things. Anything ranging from performers to exotic dancers. I would like to see more things in-game for PC's to bring further to life through interaction.

Am I the only one who actually enjoyed those things? It made the "world" feel more alive to me - even when there weren't other players around.
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.