Random Tiny CODE Wants

Started by daedroug, April 21, 2009, 11:25:21 PM

Why not just give 'em an "Elven" accent?

That topic has its own thread.  It's been discussed to death.  Please don't pollute this thread with yet another long discussion on that one.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

Strength, agility, dexterity, endurance, constitution, wisdom and willpower would be neat.

Edit:

With stats leaning towards average, for the most part.

Quote from: spawnloser on July 26, 2010, 11:33:57 AM
That topic has its own thread.  It's been discussed to death.  Please don't pollute this thread with yet another long discussion on that one.

I'm allowed to have an opinion, thank you.

It's a random tiny want of mine.  :P
The man wears his heavy war-saddle on his back, covering a tattoo

Crawling up on all fours, the man sits on a sturdy bed

The man sends you a telepathic message:
     "Alright, you got to tame a wild one today."

Quote from: Blackisback on July 26, 2010, 11:50:41 AM
Strength, agility, dexterity, endurance, constitution, wisdom and willpower would be neat.

Strength- How much shit you can carry. How hard you hit.
Agility- How fast one can run. How quickly one can attack.
Dexterity- How adept one is with his hands. How good one is with crafting or lockpicking, pickpocketing, stuff like that. Climbing. Could also tie in with one's weapon finesse?
Wisdom- How smart one is. Determines things like how much mana one has, how powerful one's magick/mindbending powers are and how quickly one can learn things. Could play a part in determining stun points.
Willpower- How mentally tough (for lack of better words) one is. Determines resistance to magick/mindworms and stun points.
Endurance- How much physical wear and tear one's body can take. Determines HP and Stamina points.

This here is my stats wishlist....

*sigh*

We can only hope for Reborn. x-X

Isn't it already changed to "desert"?

Quote from: spicemustflow on July 26, 2010, 02:38:40 PM
Isn't it already changed to "desert"?

You see "desert"

Other players see "staccato"
The man wears his heavy war-saddle on his back, covering a tattoo

Crawling up on all fours, the man sits on a sturdy bed

The man sends you a telepathic message:
     "Alright, you got to tame a wild one today."

Shit, I thought they gave in to staccato haters.

More occurances of NPCs doing stuff.

Example, randomly generated npcs that will attempt to pick your pocket if you look like a decent enough target. NPC non-gith Raiders roaming the deserts, NPC merchants with NPC guards protecting them while travelling to and from cities.

Quote from: Blackisback on July 26, 2010, 05:02:16 PM

Example, randomly generated npcs that will attempt to pick your pocket if you look like a decent enough target. NPC non-gith Raiders roaming the deserts, NPC merchants with NPC guards protecting them while travelling to and from cities.

For the first two examples, you may want to create a character in the 'rinth.

A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

Quote from: MeTekillot on July 26, 2010, 05:03:15 PM
Quote from: Blackisback on July 26, 2010, 05:02:16 PM

For the first two examples, you may want to create a character in the 'rinth.

I've experienced them, that's why I want more experiences like them scattered throughout the game.

I wish, when tavern sitting, that you could buy a refill of the same drink type you already have in hand or inventory, on the cheap, so you don't clutter up the damned bars/tables with empties.
The jig is up, the news is out, they've finally found me
the renegade, who had it made, retrieved for a bounty
nevermore to go astray, the judge'll have revenge today
On the wanted man

Quote from: Styx on July 26, 2010, 08:58:47 PM
I wish, when tavern sitting, that you could buy a refill of the same drink type you already have in hand or inventory, on the cheap, so you don't clutter up the damned bars/tables with empties.

junk mug [passing it to ~barkeep for refill]
buy mug
junk mug [sitting it on the bar again where it's picked up by ~barkeep only moments later.

- You don't have to spam up the bar anywhere, ever.
Quote from: Wug
No one on staff is just waiting for the opportunity to get revenge on someone who killed one of their characters years ago.

Except me. I remember every death. And I am coming for you bastards.

I want people in Allanak to be less subtle. Sometimes it's worse than Tuluk.  ::)

QuoteI want people in Allanak to be less subtle.

Allanaki politics:

The muscular tor noble says, in sirihish:
   "I dislike you."

The dainty, fale noble says, in sirihish:
  "I dislike you more."

"We're in agreement.  I hate agreeing with you.  I should kill you."

"For that, I'm going to have you killed."

"Ha.  Going to the games?  Perhaps I'll kill you there."

"I'm setting it up so that you get caught trying that, and your house will suffer bad public image."

"Damn."

"Conversational win.  Political point for me."

Some degree of subtlety is always involved. :P
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

I'm not talking nobles and politics. Common schmoe Allanaki people! In fact, I'm going to kudos one person for the only openly unfriendly Gaj tavern roleplay I've seen lately.  :P

Please post pet peeves in their own thread--this consistently has been more of a "random tiny wants" in code, not "random things I wish people would do more often."
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

July 27, 2010, 05:08:27 PM #744 Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 05:17:30 PM by Thunkkin
I wish there was a different sorting method to the results of "craft x"

As it is, on some items, it becomes quite difficult to notice if something new has popped up in the middle of the list, when just about every item shares 50% of the same words.  "Craft white.silk" becomes a nightmare, for instance, at high levels of tailoring.  For other items, it's sometimes not obvious at all which crafting skill they use.  It seems odd that my character who, say, is advanced in one craft but a beginner in another won't have even the vaguest premonition of whether item X will be reasonable to make (because he's advanced in the skill) or quite difficult to make (because he's a beginner).  I know the trial-and-error people will clamor about this last part, but I do want to say as someone who has a wife who crafts A LOT  in RL ... she has a fairly good idea of how difficult a project will be before she tackles it, even if she's not tried it before.

Dream Results:

> craft longishly-short.bone.ridge

You find that you can craft a longishly-short bone ridge into:
Arrow Making 1: A single, longish bone arrowshaft (novice)
Arrow Making 2: A couple of longish bone arrowshafts (apprentice)
Arrow Making 3: A few longish bone arrowshafts (journeyman)
Arrow Making 4: A whole whack of longish bone arrowshafts (advanced)
Club Making 1: A longish, very thin club but hey be glad because how many other club recipes are there? (journeyman)
Instrument Making 1. A longish, but not too long, bone flute (journeyman)
Instrument Making 2. A longish, but not too long, carved bone flute (advanced)
Jewelry Making:  A lovely, longish bone earring (journeyman)
Knifemaking 1.  A simple, longish bone knife (novice)
Knifemaking 2.  A nicely carved, longish bone knife (journeyman)
Knifemaking 3.  A sharp, carved, longish bone knife (advanced)
Spearkmaking 1.  Zalanthas' shortest spear (apprentice)
Tool Making 1. A nose picker (apprentice)
Tool Making 2. An intricately-carved back-scratcher (master)

Edit:  Interesting stat ... one of the items that I craft with currently returns 32 results
Quote from: Synthesis
Quote from: lordcooper
You go south and one of the other directions that isn't north.  That is seriously the limit of my geographical knowledge of Arm.
Sarge?

Quote from: Nyr on July 27, 2010, 04:16:37 PM
Please post pet peeves in their own thread--this consistently has been more of a "random tiny wants" in code, not "random things I wish people would do more often."

They got locked a while back. (Thank the Dragon)

"Things I'd like to Encourage"
"Things I'd like to Discourage"

They fit well in 'Random Armageddon Thoughts' though.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Quote from: Armaddict on July 27, 2010, 02:58:12 PM
QuoteI want people in Allanak to be less subtle.

Allanaki politics:

"I dislike you."

(some other stuff)

"Conversational win.  Political point for me."

Some degree of subtlety is always involved. :P

Of course the correct method is "I hate you"
*STABBITY*

The ability to forage with no hands free, provided there is a proper tool in both hands that could perhaps provide a boost to forage (such as a shovel, or a pickaxe).

Quote from: Thunkkin on July 27, 2010, 05:08:27 PM
> craft longishly-short.bone.ridge

You find that you can craft a longishly-short bone ridge into:
Arrow Making 1: A single, longish bone arrowshaft (novice)
Arrow Making 2: A couple of longish bone arrowshafts (apprentice)
Arrow Making 3: A few longish bone arrowshafts (journeyman)
Arrow Making 4: A whole whack of longish bone arrowshafts (advanced)
Club Making 1: A longish, very thin club but hey be glad because how many other club recipes are there? (journeyman)
Instrument Making 1. A longish, but not too long, bone flute (journeyman)
Instrument Making 2. A longish, but not too long, carved bone flute (advanced)
Jewelry Making:  A lovely, longish bone earring (journeyman)
Knifemaking 1.  A simple, longish bone knife (novice)
Knifemaking 2.  A nicely carved, longish bone knife (journeyman)
Knifemaking 3.  A sharp, carved, longish bone knife (advanced)
Spearkmaking 1.  Zalanthas' shortest spear (apprentice)
Tool Making 1. A nose picker (apprentice)
Tool Making 2. An intricately-carved back-scratcher (master)

Second this, maybe not with the skill used but an inclination towards how hard it is for your character to create would be appreciated.
"Brain wave, main wave"
Psycho got a high kick
Collect and select
Show me your best set

It'd be nice for PCs to have a chance to be able to be both mortally wounded and conscious at the same time.
They wouldn't be able to do anything beyond talking to the room and emoting, and they'd still be dying just as sure as if they were the old way.

As fighting erupts on the street nearby, the stocky, scar-ravaged manchild drags the petite, tressy-tressed woman into an alley, holding her underneath the arms.

Her body limp and her breathing shallow, the petite, tressy-tressed woman leaves behind a thick trail of blood as she's dragged along.

Setting you down and fumbling at his belt, the stocky, scar-ravaged manchild says, in sirihish:
"Shit."

You suffer from use of the Way.
You feel too light-headed to concentrate.

Kneeling beside you, the stocky, scar-ravaged manchild gets a scrap of cloth from his tregil-tooled, leather swordbelt.

The stocky, scar-ravaged manchild looks down at you.

You get your desert rose from your bloodied many-pocketed canvas vest, blood from her wound still bubbling up freely.

Reaching up weakly for the stocky, scar-ravaged manchild's hand, her voice faint, you say, in sirihish:
"Give this to Aramel.  Please."

The petite, tressy-tressed woman presses your desert rose into the stocky, scar-ravaged manchild's hand.

The stocky, scar-ravaged manchild says to you, in sirihish:
"Fuck, I can't stop the bleeding."

The stocky, scar-ravaged manchild says to you, in sirihish:
"Don't die on me!"

Come back soon!

You may:
     (C) Disconnect from character      (V) Toggle ANSI/VT100 mode   
     (B) Toggle 'brief' menus           (D) Documentation menu       
     (M) Mail menu                      (S) Stats of your character   
     (E) Enter Zalanthas                (X) Exit Armageddon           
     (?) Read menu options         

Armageddon is OPEN.