Random Tiny CODE Wants

Started by daedroug, April 21, 2009, 11:25:21 PM

Even if you type get all.intestine you'll still end up picking up 1 intestine, then another intestine, then another intestine, until you have in your inventory as many as your character's (agility? strength? whatever) allows you to have in your inventory at any given moment. And then you still have to junk them, one at a time.

The whole reason why some of us were wishing for the junk-all is specifically to avoid the spam. We already know how to create the spam. Spam is not good. Not in a can, not instead of ham, not with toast and jam, and not for Sam I am.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

Quote from: WagonsHo on June 19, 2010, 01:25:28 PM
Quote from: brytta.leofa on June 19, 2010, 12:42:17 PM
   junk all.intestine

I don't believe that command works.  My current work around is...

Oh, argh, sorry.  I was actually thinking about "get all.foo container1; put all.foo container2".
The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong.
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.

1.  When you "roll dice table" I would like for it to roll the dice on the table you are sitting at, not the 'first' one in the room.

2.  To be able to hide things in a room.  They can be found by the person who hid them, skill_search, or skill_scan.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Quote from: Dan on June 16, 2010, 06:31:17 PM
Addition to clan cooks:

give cook meat

The cook takes the meat and says, "I'll be able to add this to the menu."

ask cook help

The cook says, "I can offer you stale bread, burnt tubers, or scrab steak."

---------------------------------------

give cook meat

The cook takes the meat and says, "I can't cook this."

The cook gives you the meat back.

--------------------------------------

The more of a particular meat/vegetable you give to your clan cook the more they will be able to offer items containing that ingredient. If you don't keep your cook supplied you will probably be stuck eating stale bread.

Hells yes! Maybe this will keep the massive amounts of meat back-stocked in the clan kitchens. Seriously, I've seen some with 700+, and one with 1500+. That was just "count meat bin". Not counting anything that doesn't have MEAT as a keyword.
The man asks you:
     "'Bout damn time, lol.  She didn't bang you up too bad, did she?"
The man says, ooc:
     "OG did i jsut do that?"

Quote from: Shalooonsh
I love the players of this game.
That's not a random thought either.

June 21, 2010, 12:17:05 AM #579 Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 12:20:26 AM by Durant
"track"

Branches off of Hunt and allows one skilled enough to follow tracks and not lose sight of them room to room.

>Hunt
You search for tracks...
Less than an hour ago a small, short-strided humanoid moved to the south.
A few hours ago a very large, four-legged lizard moved to the north.
Several hours ago a large, several-legged insectoid moved to the east.

>Track small.short.humanoid
You are now tacking a small, short-strided humanoid

>south
The Gobbins [NESW]
This place is the gobbins, you look around and see nothing but gobbins everywhere.
Gobbins, gobbins, gobbins.

You notice less than an hour ago a small, short-strided humanoid moved south.

And so on.

It would make tracking much easier.
Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself: "Mankind". Basically, it's made up of two separate words - "mank" and "ind". What do these words mean? It's a mystery, and that's why so is mankind.

Quote from: Durant on June 21, 2010, 12:17:05 AM
"track"

Branches off of Hunt and allows one skilled enough to follow tracks and not lose sight of them room to room.

>Hunt
You search for tracks...
Less than an hour ago a small, short-strided humanoid moved to the south.
A few hours ago a very large, four-legged lizard moved to the north.
Several hours ago a large, several-legged insectoid moved to the east.

>Track small.short.humanoid
You are now tacking a small, short-strided humanoid

>south
The Gobbins [NESW]
This place is the gobbins, you look around and see nothing but gobbins everywhere.
Gobbins, gobbins, gobbins.

You notice less than an hour ago a small, short-strided humanoid moved south.

And so on.

It would make tracking much easier.

Yeah!
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

Dude,... that is so damn awesome!

You need to have a %chance to loose the trail of course which would lessen as you got better.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

The ability for an IC board poster to erase their own posts.

Other muds can do it, why can't we?!
Squinting at the such-and-such dwarf, the so-and-so woman asks, in sirihish:
     "You put jam in your peenee hole to keep from making baby juice?"

1. Scavengers get a low level skinning skill so they can... I don't know... SCAVENGE the kills of others.

2. Thief to get a low level peak, so you can.... I don't know... SEE what you are going to steal before you steal it.

3. Bring back PC tattooists. :(
Grebber - One who grebs.

-xxhp xxmv xxst>quit die
Stand up first.

GOOD GAWD LET ME DIE WHEN I'M ON MY BACK!

WHO THE FUCK DIES ON THEIR FEET!?*

*Aside from Maxxed Backstab victims.

Random tiny want=The ability to anaylze and check crafting list on items in shops before buying.

Quote from: FantasyWriter on June 27, 2010, 10:47:21 AM
1. Scavengers get a low level skinning skill so they can... I don't know... SCAVENGE the kills of others.

2. Thief to get a low level peak, so you can.... I don't know... SEE what you are going to steal before you steal it.

3. Bring back PC tattooists. :(
"Don't take life too seriously, nobody ever makes it out alive anyway."

There were once PC tattooists?  :o

So I've heard.  Long before my time though, so I'm not sure.
Grebber - One who grebs.

The code for it still exists and is still used in the game by certain folks.
Quote from: Fnord on November 27, 2010, 01:55:19 PM
May the fap be with you, always. ;D

I once got setup with a custom tattoo on the spot by Shaloonsh. :)

I think that's who you mean by "certain folks".
Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

Small want->The red sun commons being set to road so I dont inexplicably lose stamina taking a leisurely stroll through town.

Inexplicably?
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

Quote from: Nyr on June 30, 2010, 10:46:08 AM
Inexplicably?

Also, the Luir's market yard.  ;)   :-*

I was just pointing out that there's an explicable reason for losing stamina taking a leisurely stroll...through a ruined area of town.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

You can walk from north to south of the Red Sun Commons without losing any stamina, as long as you stay on the "road" part of it.

Luir's Outpost, has had its market long-established, and has had stamina drain the entire time since it was rebuilt a full king's age ago. By now, one would expect that the marketplace is nice and smooth, and that any drain would at least be minimal (maybe 1 point per 2 rooms?). The stamina drain didn't get worse when the storm came, and Luir's didn't see the kind of flooding Tuluk got and the Tuluk roads didn't experience stamina drain.

So I don't see why Luir's market has to have any really. But if the staff feels it should have some, it should be absolutely minimal. In my opinion.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

Quote from: brytta.leofa on June 30, 2010, 11:15:26 AM
Also, the Luir's market yard.  ;)   :-*

fixed

For some reason, the request reply links don't seem to work anymore. They only seem to link to a request review, but without reply option (or if there is, I haven't found it). It would be nifty if this was working again.