Random Tiny CODE Wants

Started by daedroug, April 21, 2009, 11:25:21 PM

I wonder how many people have a place in Storm, Allanak and Tuluk. Im sure theres some. :(
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Quote from: Dan on March 22, 2010, 10:10:04 PM
I wonder how many people have a place in Storm, Allanak and Tuluk. Im sure theres some. :(
or several in different buildings in the same city...I've know pcs that have owned upwards to five apartments in one town. I think its half the issue with finding a place to live.
The sound of a thunderous explosion tears through the air and blasts waves of pressure ripple through the ground.

Looking northward, the rugged, stubble-bearded templar asks you, in sirihish:
     "Well... I think it worked...?"

Quote from: Bast on March 22, 2010, 10:21:22 PM
or several in different buildings in the same city...I've know pcs that have owned upwards to five apartments in one town. I think its half the issue with finding a place to live.

Me too, and I kind of wish it wasn't allowed, from a playability standpoint.
Quote from: Wug
No one on staff is just waiting for the opportunity to get revenge on someone who killed one of their characters years ago.

Except me. I remember every death. And I am coming for you bastards.

Quote from: AmandaGreathouse on March 22, 2010, 10:43:36 PM
Quote from: Bast on March 22, 2010, 10:21:22 PM

Me too, and I kind of wish it wasn't allowed, from a playability standpoint.

Sometimes you need a workshop, a place to sleep for yourself, and a place for your minions to hang out where they won't bother you.  I mean, do you -really- want to sleep a room away from where you tan your hides?
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

Many months later..

I -still- want to be able to whisper to myself.

Also, regarding Gurth and Inix.. They both have the 'shell' keyword. Something should be done to prevent 'kill shell'.
Quote from: Niamh on September 24, 2009, 02:28:12 PM
Remember, you're never in trouble if you don't get caught!

Quote from: Wyx on June 28, 2009, 07:59:17 PM
Besides, the players know best

Quote from: Xagon on March 24, 2010, 08:12:55 PM
Many months later..

I -still- want to be able to whisper to myself.

Also, regarding Gurth and Inix.. They both have the 'shell' keyword. Something should be done to prevent 'kill shell'.

key shell

kill 2.shell

kill 3.shell

kill gurth

kill inix
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

I wish successfully hiding and then attacking something gives you a coded advantage in the first round of combat. Not something like backstab-frightening but maybe a small increase to the chance to actually hit - And hit harder.
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

Quote from: Gunnerblaster on March 24, 2010, 10:35:26 PM
I wish successfully hiding and then attacking something gives you a coded advantage in the first round of combat. Not something like backstab-frightening but maybe a small increase to the chance to actually hit - And hit harder.

It seems like you already get a first-round advantage attacking something, just by being the attacker.  Might just be confirmation bias on my part, though.

You can't just type "kill gurth" ?
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

A hot tub time machine.
-- Person A OOCs: I totally forgot if everyone is okay with the adult-rated emotes and so forth?

-- Person B OOCs: Does this count as sex or torture? I can't tell.

-- Person A OOCs: I'm going to flip coins now to decide.

I thought the gypsies had one of these. :(

On topic:
Targeted thinks and feels.
Quote from: Wug
No one on staff is just waiting for the opportunity to get revenge on someone who killed one of their characters years ago.

Except me. I remember every death. And I am coming for you bastards.

Quote from: spawnloser on March 26, 2010, 05:42:53 AM
Since you're now mentioning custom cloaks... I'm sorry that you bought one of those.  They're crap.  I don't know of anyone that ever buys one.  In fact, all the clothing from that shop where you can pick material/color/item is kinda crappy.  Very meh as far as description goes and not as functional as comparable items.

Anyway, yeah, I don't think those can close.

This is rather true.  I was sadly disappointed with one of those cloaks when I first bought one as a newb (I couldn't find a cloak elsewhere).  I'd like if it was expanded a bit.

Non-sentient NPCs in the rinth, plz!

QuoteCockroach     (General)

Zalanthan cockroaches are extremely resilient beasts, and can vary in size from that of a human thumbnail to that of an adult scrab. Their chitinous exoskeletons make them rather hard to damage, while their clashing mandibles and hooking claws make them either minor annoyances or serious threats, depending on the size of the cockroach encountered. Cockroaches have a tendency to splatter when struck with a good blow, showering all nearby.

See Also:
   Animal_Life

QuoteRats     (General)

Different species are found in all variety of habitats, with a few common traits. Zalanthan rats are often nearly knee-high on a human, and feed on an astonishing array of normally unpalatable materials. While a very few species have decent pelts, most are killed solely as pests or as food for the ravenously starving.

See Also:
   Animal_Life

PS: I had a dream last night of being chased around by a two-foot long cockroach.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

There used to be actual rats in the 'rinth.  Everyone was using them to practice backstab and sap.

Quote from: Synthesis on March 27, 2010, 04:41:14 PM
There used to be actual rats in the 'rinth.  Everyone was using them to practice backstab and sap.

Stupid twinks... ruining it for folks who just want some rat-on-a-stick. :(
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Quote from: FantasyWriter on March 27, 2010, 04:49:53 PM

Stupid twinks... ruining it for folks who just want some rat-on-a-stick. :(

The only character classes/subclasses that get the skinning skill are kind of weird for the 'rinth, anyway...although wasn't there a recent update that changed it so that pretty much anyone can at least get meat from a carcass?

Funny... Now instead of dead rats, people just kill NPC's to train.

The ability to attach emotes to 'sheath <weapon>'

Example:
sheath warsword [looping it through ^me belt]
or
sheath spear back (Slinging it over one shoulder)
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

To be able to flip flippable weapons in combat.  Eruhhg.

Quote from: MarshallDFX on April 02, 2010, 01:43:10 PM
To be able to flip flippable weapons in combat.  Eruhhg.

Try >use [weapon]

For closed cloaks/worn-about-body items to cover the arms and shoulders as well as the torso/etc.

Always bothered me so much.

Quote from: WWYD on April 07, 2010, 06:13:45 PM
For closed cloaks/worn-about-body items to cover the arms and shoulders as well as the torso/etc.

Always bothered me so much.

I'd like for full body cloaks and robes that are pulled shut to cover even more than that. I wouldn't mind just seeing say, gear fom the neck up, the gloves, and the boots, on people who are wearing big ankle length robes and greatcloaks that they've closed up around them.

But then that would require tailoring each cloak in game to cover certain stuff based on how short or long it was, rather than a blanket script that covers all cloak items  :(
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.