Random Tiny CODE Wants

Started by daedroug, April 21, 2009, 11:25:21 PM

Quote from: Cutthroat on March 17, 2010, 12:40:30 PM
A prompt thingy that shows if you have a lit light source currently equipped.

OMG YES. "Your torch flickers feebly." does -not- count.
The man asks you:
     "'Bout damn time, lol.  She didn't bang you up too bad, did she?"
The man says, ooc:
     "OG did i jsut do that?"

Quote from: Shalooonsh
I love the players of this game.
That's not a random thought either.

lol. Just remember to "ep torch" instead of holding it.
That way you can use the "are you armed" prompt thingy to tell you.
But definately. I like the light-source-holding prompt idea.
Live like God.
Love like God.

"Don't let life be your burden."
- Some guy, Twin Warriors

Change it so when you are holding something it says you are armed (there are so many prompt variables as is  :-[).  

You never know... I might be deadly with that tandu sausage/feather/mug.

Would it be possible to double the amount of money you are paid when you gather and sell cotton? I know it's supposed to be a job that only allows you to survive, but I find it a bit disappointing/ridiculous that it took me about half an hour to make something like 12 'sids from it.. A whole day at the cotton field won't even allow you to buy a drink of water, and on top of that, it'll actually make you go from not thirsty to something like very thirsty/parched if you do it during the day (like most people would do), therefore, eating all of your meager profit.
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

For the effects of spice to wear off while your character is off-line, like the drunk code now does.
Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

Quote from: Malken on March 18, 2010, 02:37:07 AM
Would it be possible to double the amount of money you are paid when you gather and sell cotton? I know it's supposed to be a job that only allows you to survive, but I find it a bit disappointing/ridiculous that it took me about half an hour to make something like 12 'sids from it.. A whole day at the cotton field won't even allow you to buy a drink of water, and on top of that, it'll actually make you go from not thirsty to something like very thirsty/parched if you do it during the day (like most people would do), therefore, eating all of your meager profit.

I think success is based on your forage skill, so if your forage skill is low, you fail a lot and that ends up hurting your bottom line.  I believe cotton foraging is really only worth it if you are a merchant or subclass tailor, and can actually do things with the cotton beyond turning it all over to the dude at the gate for a few measly 'sid.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

Protip: Find a PC merchant or tailor to sell the cotton too.

Selling to PCs is almost ALWAYS more profitable, both financially and in the interaction it will bring.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

A way to give multiple items in trade at a shop.

Instead of:

Offer sword #8

A Merchant tells you:
"No deal. That is not worth enough to me."

You could do:

Offer all.sword #8

A Merchant tells you:
"I shall give you a spear for a few obsidian swords."
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

I want to be able to specify how many of an item you are manipulating.
Drop 3-sword would drop three swords.
-Kuh

For 'analyse' to work like 'analyze'.

Quote from: Booya on March 21, 2010, 10:05:59 AM
For 'analyse' to work like 'analyze'.

>alias analyse analyze

;)
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

We got grey Booya, we got grey...

Quote from: Thorg on March 22, 2010, 01:20:10 PM
Also having the corpse become "the skinned corpse of the tall, muscular man" instead of vanishing would be a good middle ground.

Corpses should naturally decay over time.
  The body of the tall, muscular man lies crumpled here.
  The dessicated corpse of a tall, muscular man lies crumpled here.
  A humanoid skeleton lies crumpled here.  (Assess gives race, with subguild physician giving age/sex.)
  Then into component bones.

Corpses at all stages should be, ugh, skinnable or craftable.  This should make a significant, hard to get rid of mess on equipment and people and the room.  (In fact, skinning an animal should create difficult-to-eradicate sign, even in an outdoor "room."  And attract vultures.)

Corpses should ALWAYS save, even if they aren't in save rooms.

(Needless to say, decapitated head objects should save--I think they don't survive reboot or maybe even quit?--but should have a decay script attached.)

For junk to work on held objects . . . I hate finding I still have that bottle in hand I left at the local bar, at least tried to, with my junk command.

Of course, this would mean being even more careful with keywords.

Junking the 600 coins bone saw in your hand instead of the 5 coin length of bone you can't do anything with.... not good.
Grebber - One who grebs.

junk bone.saw

junk piece.bone

key bone

This can be avoided.
Quote from: Wug
No one on staff is just waiting for the opportunity to get revenge on someone who killed one of their characters years ago.

Except me. I remember every death. And I am coming for you bastards.

Quote from: FantasyWriter on March 22, 2010, 08:11:41 PM
Junking the 600 coins bone saw in your hand instead of the 5 coin length of bone you can't do anything with.... not good.

I'm with you. I'd rather not add more possiblity of such mistakes. Junking in inventory only is fine with me.
Quote from: Fnord on November 27, 2010, 01:55:19 PM
May the fap be with you, always. ;D

March 22, 2010, 09:01:54 PM #367 Last Edit: March 22, 2010, 09:08:44 PM by Bast
I wish you could rent houses again. Like maybe go to the bank to pay your rent and get your key or something. Their just don't ever seem to be enough opened apartments and all those houses are just going to waste.
The sound of a thunderous explosion tears through the air and blasts waves of pressure ripple through the ground.

Looking northward, the rugged, stubble-bearded templar asks you, in sirihish:
     "Well... I think it worked...?"

Quote from: Bast on March 22, 2010, 09:01:54 PM
I wish you could rent houses again. Like maybe go to the bank to pay your rent and get your key or something. Their just don't ever seem to be enough opened apartments and all those houses are just going to waste.

This. My god I would love the chance to rent some of the houses which are just sitting there, empty.
Quote from: Wug
No one on staff is just waiting for the opportunity to get revenge on someone who killed one of their characters years ago.

Except me. I remember every death. And I am coming for you bastards.

Quote from: AmandaGreathouse on March 22, 2010, 09:15:45 PM
Quote from: Bast on March 22, 2010, 09:01:54 PM

This. My god I would love the chance to rent some of the houses which are just sitting there, empty.

I know I love the insides of some of houses too...its shame they are going to waste.
The sound of a thunderous explosion tears through the air and blasts waves of pressure ripple through the ground.

A Nenyuki Housing Agent is standing here.

list

These houses are available:
#1 A blue-doored, three room abode on Merchant's Way for 1200 coins.
#2 A white-doored, two room shack on Commoner's Way for 800 coins.
Etc etc...

Ask agent #2

A Nenyuki Housing Agent says, "This house is blah blah..."

Rent #2
You give the Agent 1200 coins and he hands you a thick black key on a leather string.

Quote from: Dan on March 22, 2010, 09:37:09 PM

list

Etc etc...

Ask agent #2

Rent #2
You give the Agent 1200 coins and he hands you a thick black key on a leather string.

Exactly!!! It also be nice to have places in Luirs and maybe some more in Storm but I'd be happy just being able to rent houses.

Quote from: Bast on March 22, 2010, 09:40:36 PM
Quote from: Dan on March 22, 2010, 09:37:09 PM

list

Etc etc...

Ask agent #2

Rent #2

Exactly!!! It also be nice to have places in Luirs and maybe some more in Storm but I'd be happy just being able to rent houses.

I know there are a few in Red Storm, because you used to be able to rent them from a nenyuki agent at something like 20 days played.

It would definitely be cool to be able to rent the houses again.
Quote from: Fnord on November 27, 2010, 01:55:19 PM
May the fap be with you, always. ;D

And obviously you should only be able to rent one house at time. To prevent someone from renting a house in every town which I feel is kinda rotten as it prevents other players from getting there own places.