Random Tiny CODE Wants

Started by daedroug, April 21, 2009, 11:25:21 PM

Make the scan echo a hemote.

If I am sitting in the bar and I am not actively paying attention - Why would I, along with everyone else, instantly know the moment someone began "scanning the area intently"?

To me, scanning is just focusing your mind - Taking an observant interest in -everything- you see and not just passing a brief glance over it. No one is going to notice your eyes going hawk mode on everything.

I'd prefer to see:
You notice: The rangy ranger scans the area intently.
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

I kind of want, when you've contacted someone to be able to feel what they're feeling.
Like if I were to contact someone who had just used, "> feel angry" I would get the message

"So and so feels tired" or... something. Wouldn't that be cool?
Live like God.
Love like God.

"Don't let life be your burden."
- Some guy, Twin Warriors

Kill and disengage command emotes.

They'd spice up the Byn for newbies and such.

It would amuse me to see an echo for ">kill self"
Live like God.
Love like God.

When you're wearing a bunch of bloodied items, you should smell like blood to anyone who sniffs you.

I always think runners should smell of more than what they do.

March 06, 2010, 06:07:00 PM #306 Last Edit: March 06, 2010, 08:39:51 PM by mansa
The wants in this thread summed up into 4 - 5 large posts, and then locked.

And a new 'Random Tiny Wants' threat to start up again.

I'm going to do it, Vanth.  I just don't know which ones haven't been implemented besides the obvious (how many of an item shows up in shops, raise hood command emote)
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

If you want to consolidate everything thus far (that hasn't been implemented) into a couple of posts, we can do that.
Nyr: newbs killing newbs
Nyr: hot newb on newb violence
Ath: Mmmmmm, HOT!

March 06, 2010, 07:10:59 PM #308 Last Edit: March 06, 2010, 08:38:31 PM by mansa
Page 1 - 10.

- Also'd be nice to be able to get things from packed containers. maybe by "get knife beetle's bag"?

- I would love to have a directed talk command (i.e. a table version of tell). And I'll preemptively add that using a command emote of "to ~amos" is not the same thing.

- I want to be be able to pay or otherwise convince observant NPCs (such as gaurds) to list all the characters they've seen pass by in the past x hours.
- - I'd love it if clan leaders could get this kind of thing from their clan's "compound" (v)NPCs. Maybe just in whatever room has their clan gossip board, you'd type something like, "list activity" and you'd see who's been in and out in the past hour.  You could maybe even set this program to accept information from individuals..so maybe, set activity Out hunting would return: Amos is out hunting as of 8:30 AM EST and it would automatically reset to "Amos is in the compound" when Amos gets back and enters that room.

- I want to be able to assess or value a container and be able to see it's "about half full" or what without having to drop/pick up the container or get it from another container.

- For all appropriately sized weapons to be able to be sheathed on the back WITH a pack as well.

- no more inventory, only items in hands
- - Only if size attributes are assigned to every single item in the game, and these values are used in conjunction with the item's weight to determine its holdy index --- so that you can grasp more than two things....like four rocks in one hand, and a sling in the other.

- I want the Way to echo "gone" messages.

- A 'psiooc' command wold be nice, too.

- I wish we had in-game OOC and newbie help channels.
- - every single helper is for a newbie channel, resoundingly. I expect to see it happen in arm 2 if not before.
- - - http://www.zalanthas.org/gdb/index.php/topic,35095.msg445528.html#msg445528

- I would like to see Drum beat echo for multiple rooms and grow fainter as they reach out.. seems more in keeping, especially in the open land.. say someone is in the grass, or a canyon, maybe the canyon walls would carry the echos even further confusing people as they try to follow it, making them become even more lost.. but when someone plays drum it would be cool to have reach out: Amos is riding around in the grass, and the faint beating of drums in the distance can be heard... Amos thinks could this be a celebration or war preperations?

- 'Who C' for all coded clans.

- Slay / Execute command to kill stunned/mortally wounded mobs without immense commad lag ala kill.

- I think that all lags should be removed, with the exception of a few. I'm ok with movement lag simply because I can't think of a better way to keep characters from moving around too quickly. But all combat lags (kill/kick/bash/disarm/backstab/sap/etc.) should be changed into something more along the lines of your character perhaps being off balance. When you use your scan skill, maybe instead of lag it just doesn't work for x amount of seconds, I'm not sure.

I find it annoying is all to type a command, watch it sit there for 20 seconds wondering if someone will attack me and I'll be locked into combat, instead of taking a few stronger hits but still being able to flee at will, for example.  Basically a more dynamic method of handling delays would be really interesting.

- Emotes to show up to any watching an adjacent room.

- The use of psionics not affecting crafting status.

- I want the game to show when a player is not wearing pants or a shirt
<worn on body> Nothing
<worn on legs> Nothing

- For all NPC's who have the ability to converse to respond to the SAME command and for it NOT to be a command that makes you look dumb if they are not capable of conversing.

- To armwrestle other PCs.

- Two things:
1. When you are piloting a wagon, to automatically see ahead in the direction you are moving since you can't look in directions.
2. Add a pilot argument for "stopping" the wagon, so PCs in other rooms know that you 'stopped' th wagon and its not still moving down the road.

- I want glass and obsidian deposits to give an indication as to how much is left. Irritates the shit out of me to get set up to do some mining, get one tiny chunk and have the whole thing disappear.
- - I'd also like to see perhaps some simple echos to show vnpcs are working there too and such. It's kind of unrealistic to think that a few rooms out of the city that is the biggest obsidian producer in the known world is a large obisidian deposit that no one but grebber PCs visit. Would also make it kind of bad RP for a raider to randomly attack you when there are all those vnpcs there.

- Night roaming gith zombies who attack anyone they find in the wilderness at night.

- The ability to compare the weight, durability, and protection values of two items.
- Armor/clothing/leatherworking results are never too small or large for the crafter.
- The ability to watch an outside room from within a tent/cave/wagon and actually see what goes on out there.
- Unarmed combat to do less damage to armor than it presently does.
- The production of arrows in small batches and the reduction in cost of arrow items to present a more viable cost-effective model.

- The ability to tailor some weapons to fit the size/strength of said individual.

- I want contact to not show the sdesc of characters.

- I wish you could watch more than one person, and the more people you watch, the less likely you are to see EVERY hemote they do. IRL I glance between 1-3 people, watching what they do. Why not on Arm?

- Less extended conversation through The Way.

- Oh, I'd also like to see a bug fix for dodging and using procs while paralyzed (and dodging while asleep).  I had a character who once cut a kryl to death after being paralyzed because the code allowed him to dodge and use a razored bracer proc.  I'm pretty sure I bugged this.

- The ability to blind fold, tie up, or gag people.

Tie up:  I know you can RP the rope-tie, and subdue them.  Though if you wanna leave someone in a room, tied up, and do something else like talk to someone else in your raiding party. Should be able to.

Blindfolding:  Wish could also blind fold people so they would not see where you are taking them, who you are, what you look like, and then don't gotta kill people so much after questioning them or something. This the PC that is blindfolded could remove for himself, obviously not that hard.

Gagging is not as important, though it would be nice to be able to shut someone up so they can't shout for help. This one doesn't have really any benefits that are enough to make it worth coding, like the other two.

- The theoretical code that could be used for gagging is already implemented ingame in certain circumstances, so I imagine it wouldn't be too difficult to change a few things.

- Blindfold is seconded, to make certain skills more useful.

- list <merchant> <piercing> = returns all piercing weapons in stock
- list <merchant> <arms> = returns all armor in stock that can be worn on arms

- tdesc for items.

- Some way, either through lockpicking or peeking to look through a keyhole and see some details of the room beyond it. With a chance to see those inside

- I would like to be able to set an ldesc for my mount.

- On a related note, I would like to be able to force an emote onto my mount without using myself in the emote.

- I would like for armor to degrade faster.

- Remove All.

- To be able to view an item that is on another item or drawn up to an item (without having to 'get' them) like a table's chair, coatrack's coat, desk's book, etc. It would also be nice to target an item drawn up to an item in an emote.

- I wish it was easier to create objects / rooms / npcs in ArmageddonMUD.  The game should be full of unique items and rooms that the playerbase has made, and should be able to grow and flex faster than it takes WoW to release an expansion.

- I'd like to see NPCs change, age, die, be replaced by new ones.

- Unless obsidian is somehow different in this world than in our own, it should shatter far more often. Killing somebody with obsidian is possible of course it is razor-sharp but creating essentially a glass-like sword means that if it hits anything it is going to crack and possibly shatter. Even with fantastical methods of hardening the material, all weapons should crack and break. I've never seen one break and I've played for over a year now.

- Hide from <person>
Everyone is more badass at hiding themselves in a crowd when they're just avoiding that scorned lover, pissed off templar, or ranger you owe three small to. Why not just hide from them, and let everyone else see you sneaking around?

- Who C, where C is for city.
Just because I'm always curious if the twelve players on at midnight are in Allanak, Luir's, or Tuluk....or maybe, just maybe, with my char in Red Storm.

- I would like a single-syllable mount.

- Moar apartments in Tuluk
- Apartments with better security.

- But yes, I would also like more than two "high class" apartments in Tuluk.

- People to be able to plunk down 1500-2000 sid to -buy- a slave, possibly from Winrothol, to give them the same unerring unwavering securtiy that GMH merchants enjoy.

- As for independent merchants, there should be some way to rent storage, run by Nenyuk perhaps. Security shouldn't be perfect, but it should be better than apartments.

- The ability to hire guards to beef up security for apartments/storage units/etc.

- Shit Mugs and Cleaning Fluids shouldn't kill people.  It should make them vomit and feel terrible for a day, but it shouldn't -KILL- them.  Just code up a different 'type' of poison for it.

- Weapons break more often for regular people

- separating things to bear a realistic weight.
a head of a duskhorn for instance weighs 6ish stones.
separating that gives you a 1stone skull and a 12 stone set of horns.  
Shouldn't the head weigh at least 13?
A pile of bone lengths also separates into an equally heavier weight, even though I imagine you're tossing away scraps to get the useable lengths.

- I wish the automated replies the mud sends out didn't sound so rediculas somtimes e.g

>
A monster is here on the ground, stunned, UNABLE TO MOVE

>charge monster
A monster is here on the ground, stunned, UNABLE TO MOVE

>
A monster narrowly evades your charge

I wouldn't mind somthing like "You loose control of your mount and miss *monster*, but wow some things like that really irritate me for some reason.

- I wish NPCs at critical health levels would slowly heal up.

- I wish lumber jacking and wood processing were separate skills. Makes sense that you don't fall trees with every swings, but you you fail to process wood over half the time... No wonder there's over logging!

- Also, when you're near half HP, and you don't need bandaging.... That makes me want to cry.

- Sometimes, when thinking of the 35 character limit, I can't help but wish that the length for sdescs was longer. If not for everyone, at least for half-giants and half-elves. It would allow for more flexibility when writing them out. Especially if you're playing a female of one of these races. Leaves you with little to work with, character-wise, as is.

- I agree that it is annoying to have to choose between using female -or- some other adjective. However, I support the character limit. If you've ever played much with someone who has a hooded cloak or facewrap with a long-ass sdesc what is -really- annoying is the super-long sdesc the figure now has in every emote and command.

- I wish table objects would show their weight capacity like containers.

- I wish 'armed' would be treated like a visible status effect–ie,
so-and-so stands here, looking imperious.
-> they are armed.
Make it toggle-offable if people don't want to see it. Also, make certain weapons concealable, especially weapons which are hidden within mundane items (like weighted ribbons or sharp hair-picks or the like.)

- I wish that if you pick a lock without a pick, it would tell you that you need one, rather than waiting an hour then tell you that you need one. I got confused with that with my first thief. It would also help if told you if you tried to do stuff like that without having the respective skill. Took me a while to figure that pickpockets didn't start with hide.

- I think some sort of "cover" command would be cool. See, I was faced with a situation a little while back...
Arrows were incoming from some baddies a room away. The desc of the room (if I remember correctly) made clear that there'd be a lot of rubble or old buildings lying around. Ruins, anyway. I wish my character could have taken cover behind a rock instead of standing there getting shot like a dumbass. Best I could do was emote my way around it, and emote about the unfortunate failure of it.

- I'd rather see the cover thing automated. Like rooms with a defense bonus and echoes when the def bonus blocks the arrows.

- I'd like to be able to be able to use the "raise hood" command while walking.

- People who make weapons to be able to identify the weapons type. (piercing, slashing, etc)

- A man-purse, wearable on the shoulder.

- The ability to force NPCs under your control to save.  Especially after you give them things or change there gear.

- scripts for gambling dice, in single, pairs, threes, and fives.

- a kruth reading script like tarot cards, displaying if one is upside right or upsidedown.

- More talk scripts for NPCs. Especially NPCs in tribal encampments, Ptar Ken, clan barracks, etc. It'd be a great way to disseminate IC history, and give iso players a little direction with their roleplay. Also, the talk script, in general, is just plain nifty, and should be used more.

- I think that "By what name dost thou wish to hail?" at char creation should be changed. Zalanthans don't talk like that

You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

March 06, 2010, 08:48:43 PM #309 Last Edit: March 06, 2010, 09:13:57 PM by mansa
Page 11 - 20

- The game NOT to boot you because of idleness WHILE SLEEPING.  Thank you, that is all.

- I want to be able to do coded actions when I'm following someone who's spamwalking.  Currently, you can't follow self, get, put, attack, flee, etc. when following someone who's spamming until they're done.

- I've thought it would be neat if you could somehow command emote a knock, to get a custom effect. So if you want your knock to be a sharp rapping, or a a single door-shaking thud, you could do that. Don't ask me how it would work, but I just think it would be cool.

- I want sawdust in outdoors rooms to blow away if there is some wind.

- Unhitch all! Doesn't affect shadowers.

- The ability to "break bread."  (loaves only, of course)

- Does the 'value' command SERIOUSLY have to have a delay on it?

- I would like to see poison resistance be more than a simple pass/fail "whoop you got poisoned / nope you didn't" check.

- I'd like movemet emotes to work with 'enter' and 'leave' so I can leave (strolling down the ramp) and enter (into the Great Unknown).

- The ability to codely close your eyes without sleeping.

- I'd prefer the ability to close -other- people's eyes without them sleeping.

- Or wearable blindfold that actually work!!!!

- a 'ground' keyword and a 'room' keyword, so you can type put pack room as well as drop pack.

- You take off your shield strapped to your back and somehow, even while wearing a shirt and cloak, everyone can see the tattoo or scars on your back.
- - Yesh. Or on the shoulders. Possibly more places.

- To be able to talk in your sleep.  (no counting trauma/magick/poison induced sleep)

- Hemotes with speech!
- - > Whisper self.

- I want lighting incense or scented candles to change my scent desc.

- I also want mul mix to be craftable as a tea.

- command: consume
I try to gorge ahead, but still, I end up starving through meetings or certain scenes because I don't want to spam the room with 12 or more lines of text in order to get fed and watered.
consume FOOD
  if FOOD in inventory or held
      X = FOOD_VALUE
      if not: slap user upside head
  if FOOD = Poisoned
      Run poison sub-routine
  add X to player's hunger/thirst
  delete FOOD

- I'd like to be able to play Tek's Tower on tables.

- I wish that you could write on one page of a book, quit the text editor, and then resume writing on that same page at a later date.  Or that books existed with more than 12 pages.

- Tattoo vendors not being such dicks and giving you their inventory list, even though you're asking for someone else's in the room!

- Random animations. I've seen some amazing RPTs, planned animations and other cool shit since that announcement happened... so I'm not dissatisfied with staff or anything... but I haven't seen any random animations of "on-your-level" clan PCs since that announcement a while back. And I thought that was a cool new policy, too.

- I want the vellum tailor's tickets to look different for each town.

- For some items to be worn under others.

- The ability to deal cards blind with Kruth decks.  As in, dealing cards face down, somehow.

- A wider variety of camouflaged hunting gear.

- To be able to show someone an item in your inventory much like you can view an item in a shop keeper's store.

- Standard Code Syntax:
It was more of the confusion between typing:
Look <item> <location>
and
Look <location> <item>
and
Look <person>'s <item>
and
Look <location>'s <item>
Currently, this is correct:
>look <item> <location item>
When the item is contained by <location item>
Whereas, most of the other LOOK/EXAMINE have the "location" being the first token, instead of the second in this specific example.
- - I believe this is because it's supposed to be an abbreviation for:
look [at] <object> [on|in] <container|furniture>
I haven't re-looked, or checked, but I believe you can provide the optional words:
look at knife on table
Honestly without the 's, the opposite doesn't make sense to me.

- To be able to slow and/or stop hp, stam, or stun regen for yourself for RP enhancement.

- It'd be nice if you could wear packs with shoulder straps in a shoulder slot as opposed to -only- the back slot.

- I want a command that lets me squeeze out a puce-hued lump of dung ... noticable by those with a high watch skill!!

- I wish that keywords didn't default to me.

- I wonder if a 'change smell' command would remind us all to add that sense into our depiction of the world. But would it need to be limited to a selection of messages or could it be entirely free?

- wear shit-that-totally-goes-on-shoulder right shoulder
right shoulder is an unknown body location.

- I would love to see a graph of the most and least popular subguilds.

- Be able to buy several of the same item without all that freakin spam.

- Being able to arrange things in/on things.

- To be able to unpack the bag from the mount your riding, in total darkness.

- And be able to lead folks through complete darkness as well if they're following/hitched to you.

- For small "outside" areas that are within encampments (for instance) to be free from biting sandstorms that mimic darkness-disorientation while "outside" the camp for miles is nothing but clear weather.

- Stat to show who is currently following you (not shadowing, of course) since you can't "unhitch all."

- I would like "discard" to also be syntax for "junk".

- Also, for more things to hide your sdesc.  Like certain head items.

- I'd like to be able to hide items in a room.

- But I want a command that just returns the object, object ldesc, and any of the "tired, carrying, bleeding" additions.  Provided of course it's in the room and provided you can see it.

- change asses to be:
The tall muscular man is here, fighting YOU!
The tall, muscular man is in excellent condition.
The tall, muscular man does not look tired.

- I'd like to be able to title any mount hitched to you, not just the ones you're riding

- I want to be able to hold a beer flagon in my off hand and parry with it.

- i want to be able to hold a beer flagon in my primary hand and sap the living daylights out of someone with it.

- When an item can be worn in multiple slots, typing "wear item" should result in the item being worn in the first available slot and not failing at the first unavailable slot.

- I want to be able to see into a lite room from an adjacent one that has no light. Like standing in the dark and looking into a light house. They cannot see out but you can see in

- I think a beg skill would be cool

- A poison that inhibits psionic ability so that you can, with reasonable safety, interogate/assassinate people without knowing they can way anyone and also give good RP to the victim without the use of magick or super psionic abilities.

- It would be awesome if raw meat had the keyword 'raw.'

- Buzzards spawning over dead bodies in the wild would be awesome.

- Rats spawning around dead bodies in the cities would be awesome.

- the ability to poison spice and bandages.
- - Spice pipes too and cups, chalices, flagons, etc. not just the fluid.

- I wish there was a way to make a "save room" save its contents.

- I'd like to be able to change my ldesc as I rest/sit/stand/wake/sleep ... the way you can change an object's ldesc with the drop command, and not need to arrange it afterward.

- I'd like some kind of poor-man's spice, kind of like a Zalanthas form of crack. It could be runoff from when spice is produced or something, and it would give a really intense high but with the possibility of permanent damage to your character. It'd also be really addicting, like perhaps after a couple days not having it, you'd go into remission.

- And to be able to tell objects and sleeping people.

March 06, 2010, 09:23:14 PM #310 Last Edit: March 06, 2010, 09:44:51 PM by mansa
Page 21 - 30

- I want a parrot in the game. 0_o  The parrot has a chance of memorize lines. So you can teach it words or small sentences. If you talk in its presence, it has a chance of remembering it and repeating it.

- >wear shovel on pack
You strap a grey-bladed shovel to a bone studded backpack.

- To be able to (when one has the value skill) tell the make of an item someone is wearing.

- Coded echoes for hangovers.

- How about a compare command?  Any could use it, and all it would do would return the relative weights of two objects.
compare cap massive.horned.helm
The massive horned helm feels over three times as heavy as the small cap.

- Also, tents should be packable without putting in a bag first.

- For 'sheath <weapon>' to default to sheathing your off hand weapon first.
- - Expanding on this idea of sheathing, to have your weapon automatically be sheathed on your back if your belt is full.  Or if the weapon is too large to sheath on your belt.

- We should be able to scavenge bones from the corpse piles.

- I wish the food you cooked had varying levels of quality depending on your skill at cooking.  It wouldn't be either ruined food or good food, but stages in between.  And higher quality food would fill you up for longer.

- Being able to buy gear before your character enters the game.

- >offer sword 50 2.cuirass

- For scan not to echo.

- Heh, I remember I opened my backpack once while I was invisible, and the two PCs in the room were like, "OMG, SOMEONE OPENED A BACKPACK."

- Account notes:
Instead of having to request them and use staff time processing and editing them all at once, I wonder how hard it would be to set it up to where staff could (at the time the note was added to the account) also put in a IC info friendly/edited one on the account that the Player will be able to read through a web accessible account notes page.

- "guard none" to also stop guarding people.

- "watch self" to also stop watching people.

- Probably the arguments "none," "self," and "off" should be functionally identical for commands where they would apply. Would increase intuitiveness in the system.

- > listen 2.table
- - > ignore 4.table

- I want NPCs to be more selectively aggressive.
- - A lone gith shouldn't attack a half-giant (but should, perhaps, summon his gith buddies).
- - Some critters should run away when they're hurt rather than fighting to (their own) death.

- Terrain to offer bonuses and penalties.
Such as an archery bonus for shooting from high ground
An archery neg for shooting from Low ground.
Perhaps some combat negatives for fighting while mounted in a thick grove.

- Hide echo if you're successful?
Maybe not to tell if you're successful flat out ... but at least while entering a room sneaking, or trying to hide ... to have a chance (perhaps based on your watch skill?) of noticing that other PC's have in fact noticed you ... since being able to tell that you've been noticed is quite possible IRL, and currently completely impossible in game unless they look/emote at you.

- I want the Gaj to give all your gear (at least your cloak and boots) a "smelly" tag.
- - Or a random drink spilled on you for a stained tag.  But yes, this would be fantastic.

- I would love it even more if the size of the skill bonus was based on the supposed rarity of the class:  Warriors and rangers would get a noticeable bump, but sorcerers and psionicists would receive none.

- I want to see tattoos with the peek skill, or NOT see rings under gloves.

- I want to see shops clean the bloodied/dusty/etc stuff they buy, instead of accepting five bone longswords, five bloodied bone longswords, five dusty bone longswords, etc etc.

- I want to see more readily accessible cheap, shitty armor for all the newbie warriors looking to get outfitted with starting coin.

- I'd also want whether or not the item is clothing or armor to show up with the "value" command....

- I sometimes wish the intoxication code was a little more robust.

- I wish NPCs/vNPCs would pick the pockets of wealthy PCs who venture into shady areas they shouldn't.

- I wish new PCs who point Labyrinth would spawn with a dark, hooded cloak.

- I want a prompt option that shows either "unarmed" or the weapon s-desc such as "a bloody, metal sword" or "a flimsy skinning knife that's really just a dyed feather."

- A forgive command.  So you don't have to wait off a silly 5-10 minute combat timer from sparring.

- When a person who is already been attacked by NPC soldiers is 'pardon'ed by a templar, said NPC soldiers should cease attacking said person.

- Sleeper holds on Subdued people

- My random want is more stuff to do for off-peakers who can't play hunters because they have no sense of direction whatsoever

- 1.  For look to echo to the character you're looking at, but not to everyone else if you don't look emote.
- 2.  To be able to not have some of the Discussion Boards on the GDB.  I hate having to hit "mark read" for the submissions, non-arm discussion, and Reborn boards.

- Water trap.
Requires a tarp like substance of some sort (wax paper, whatever), a rock and a liquid container (bottle, cup, glass, etc) to craft.  It sets up a small water trap that lasts until the next reboot or someone destroys it (or the next strong storm).  Checking back at it after a while will have produced a small amount of water inside the container.

- Great desert storms of lightning, dry lightning, balls of it shattering through a fierce sandstorm, seen on the horizon by riders, from ramparts, all around yourself as your are stuck in the midst.

- skill on the skin command - tells you which animal which piece you skinned came from

- I have a random, tiny want that the health-modified ldescs should be changed to something more generic.

- I think it would be pretty neat if one was able to post on the rumor boards in other languages only viewable by those fluent in that language.

- To be able to strap logs to mounts without putting them in bags first.

- Make it so you can "hitch" large enough items to mounts.

- I wish all bows defaulted to "es" when drawn. It's so annoying to draw your bow, then find you can't use the "pull quiver" proc because your bow's in your primary hand.

- Brawler subclass with new combat skills
http://www.zalanthas.org/gdb/index.php/topic,35095.msg489805.html#msg489805

- I'd like for tents claiming to be camo'd or to blend in with the desert ... to need something of a scan check to be noticable.

-  We've created random workarounds to expressing tone of voice within psis.  I think it'd be a neat little thing to have the ability to code this (along the lines of how we do thinks with feels) as well as the ability to project just a feeling (or image) without it being a "message".

- I want different colored war beetles.

- Throw targets non-pc/npc objs
> Drop mug
You drop your shitty mug.
> Arrange mug (hung from a tree branch)
> throw dagger mug
You take aim....
If you hit, mug reverts to break or salvage mode.

- To be able to cancel a character app after submitting it.

- Load sling shotglass.

- I'd like to see Linquist include Cavalish.

- Whore scripts.

- 1. Longer skin delays.

- 2. For normal combat to -slowly- drain stamina.

- 3. For riding with a low skill level to slowly drain stamina.  (Chance of losing a single stamina point when moving, based on skill and terrain.)  Steering your critter is work.

- 4. For stamina to always slowly recharge when sitting on a mount, at a rate comparable to the Sitting rate for the room.  Just a-settin' on your critter ain't work.

- 5. For mounts to lose significantly less stamina when walking without a rider than with.  (This may already be in place.)

- Boots that leave tracks that look like an animals or other race.

- Boots with spiky/blady things and a knife sheath...

- The ability to use the whole "look man's uberthing" to look at thing in their inventory that are big enough to show up under their sdesc

- I want animals to be scavengers, or creatures of opportunity instead of full on rapid beserk killers. Like ... it would be cool if some animals were only interested in attacking you if you were say, past a certain threshold of HP, instead of attacking all the time.

Or if a lone animal decided to forgo attacking a person, but would have if there had been a pack of them instead. Stuff like that to breath a bit more life into the critters of the wastes.

- I'd also love to see some types of aggressive animals flee once they get past a certain HP threshold.

- the ability to do "list black" and have it default to listing everything black in the first merchants inventory rather then showing the inventory of a merchant with black in their key words. Would make it easier if you looking for something specific you can just copy paste "list black" and use it for every merchant rather then needing to change it for each merchant.

- It would also be nice if you could tell the difference between a worked and unworked hide just by the sdesc.

March 06, 2010, 10:40:40 PM #311 Last Edit: March 06, 2010, 10:46:31 PM by mansa
Page 31 - 40

- Yeah, being able to wear a shirt AND a vest, or a skirt AND stockings FTW.

- The ability to cast wall spells on entrances and exits instead of just specific directions.

- Also the ability to recharge wall spells by casting the same spell in the same direction more than once, rather than having to wait for the first wall to die

- >look jihae
It's red and reddish
>look krath
OW that burns!

- Swimming skill.
Use stamina -and- stun to replicate holding your breath.
Give it to every class, and give scavengers a slightly higher cap.

- Climb branches swim.

- I'd like for the tattoos and scars on people to be visible on their corpses after they die. I always wonder if I'm missing out on the chance to discover the person was secretly part of some crazy orginization or something.

- Holdable helmets.

- Damn near everything holdable.

- Change jam to a seasoning so you can spread it on your slices of bread.

- arrows to have wear locations

- A bandolier that can be worn over a shirt but still under a typical cloak.

- Move the assessment of an item's weight from the value skill to the assess skill.

- Be able to assess how much a liquid container can hold.

- A prompt feature which indicates your current state of sobriety/drunkenness.

- A means of determining how someone died by looking at their corpse (i.e., slashing weapons, bludgeoned to death, burns, nothing detectable, etc.).

- At least one publicly accessable bathroom/latrine in every populated area.

- People who sell light source objects in every settlement. What do people in Cenyr and Red Storm DO at night?!

- the ability to use manure to increase your relationship with the land much like you can with water.

- the ability to use fermented manure to increase your relationship with the universe much like you can with spice.

- When you "eat" candies, you get a better echo than when you "taste" them.  Weird.

- Individual boots, not pairs.
- - Gloves too.

- In the future, more things will be available to be foraged.

- branch skill_tent_making.

- A wider variety to what things taste like instead of just 'meat'.

- When a PC drinks alcohol, for them to acquire a scent. Boozy / winey / beery / whatever.

- I'd like the ability to set the IG date/time that a bio entry is done manually.

- Flagged footwear that covers the ankles so you don't still see ankle tattoos when you're wearing boots.

- I'd like the temperature to be separate from the weather command.

- I want to be able to do "time e" or "time out" to check the time when in an underground room that is only one room away from the surface ... I mean the room descriptions for those places say you can see daylight coming in from the cave mouth already, more often than not.
- - Or just make the entrances of cave areas not underground, then you can just type 'time'.

- Call my mount from an adjacent rooms.

- Sdescs not figuring into the emote or ldesc character limit. Pc's with longer sdescs are punished by the current restriction. Leads me to my next want, higher character limit on ldescs. The brevity stymies my creativity and forces me to come up with shorter, more awkward ldescs.

- For enough spice smoke to create a haze of smoke around the room that other people can catch a contact high off of.

- The ability to watch into places, for example into a hut.

- shoot flaming bolts

- It shouldn't be possible to fail crafting a campfire.

- I wish we could make dung fires or the like too. For people who live in the south where "forage wood" simply isn't an option.
- - Crafting dung into dried dung and making it a viable campfire recipe would do the trick.

-  The ability to junk ashen campfires. Or sweep them up with brooms.

- It'd be great if foraging didn't undo your changed ldesc.

- I'd love the ability to stash small items in separate pockets/pouches rather than a nebulous 'pants' or 'belt' container.

- For climb--like ride, cooking, and a couple less known skills--to be learn-able by everyone... even with a cap as low as 15-20%.

- The ability to attach a keyword to an object so that when you where wearing it you where targetable with it and when you took it off you wheren't, maybe just limit it to items that hide your sdesc.

- on another related note, make it so that some items (not just ones that hide your sdesc) add keywords to you. For instance a cloak that adds Salarr to your keywords even if it's hood is down. One way i can see it being useful is being able to recognize people wearing clan signifying gear more easily.

- Bio Idea>
I would love a bit of code that would notify me in game (at some delay, not real-time) that an immortal read part of my character's bio.  That would inspire me to write more.

- I have this nasty habit of putting a space at the end of what I type. I think it stems from the idea that after I finish one sentence I'm going to want to go on to another, so adding the space makes natural sense. The problem here is that, when I'm emoting, the mud registers this space as the end of my sentence, rather than the period before it. Seeing that my last character is not a period, it takes the liberty of adding one in.

- change ldesc will not add the period.
- - Neither does drop...but I think arrange will.

- closing/opening cloaks to change movement points

- I would like for harmful spells (without a argument) to auto target the PC/NPC you are fighting the way kick/bash/charge/trample/etc. does.

- For clothes to become stained with what they originally were dirty with.
A sweaty pair of britches= a sweat-stained pair of britches if not cleaned properly
A bloodied pair of gloves= a blood-stained pair of gloves if not cleaned properly

- Targeted hemote, so you can pick a pc to see your emote.

- Pour Waterskin/Mug man/self

- I wish certain waist items would be hidden.

- I want separate wear_locations for left/right arm, left/right leg, left/right forearm, and left/right hand.

- I'd like it if there was a syntax to cancel your apartment lease early.
Also, a syntax to take yourself off of someone's room mate list instead of just waiting for them to do it.

- When wearing a hood, anything on your "face" location wouldn't get dusty.

- More shitty clothing that's craftable from salvaged items.

-  command emotes for drawing/sheathing.

- It would be great if we could add hunger and thirst to the prompt

- Could it be possible that when you try to sit at/on something, the code will check first to see if you're already there.

- Make the scan echo a hemote.

- Kill and disengage command emotes.

- When you're wearing a bunch of bloodied items, you should smell like blood to anyone who sniffs you.

This topic shrunk from 40 pages to 13 pages by the removal of all extraneous side discussions.

I like mansa's summaries and will probably go ahead and make them the start of a new thread, but I also want to make the point that, if you want your random tiny wants to be seen and possibly implemented by staff, it's in your own best interest not to clog up the thread.  But if you want to have lots of discussion in this thread, at the risk of ideas getting buried, that's your prerogative.
Nyr: newbs killing newbs
Nyr: hot newb on newb violence
Ath: Mmmmmm, HOT!

March 07, 2010, 10:35:08 PM #313 Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 01:12:16 PM by mansa
ldesc to have a max of 120 characters.

ldesc to stay when you type 'craft item blah blah blah"

typing 'ldesc' to have the same experience as typing 'change ldesc'

typing 'language' to have the same experience as typing 'change language'

typing 'speak' to have the same experience as typing 'change language'

typing 'mood' to have the same experience as typing 'change mood'

typing 'accent' to have the same experience as typing 'change accent'

typing 'objective' to have the same experience as typing 'change objective'

typing 'change tdesc' to have the same experience as typing 'tdesc'

objective to have a max character limit the same as tdesc, and use the editor like tdesc, and to save it.

when you set your ldesc after hiding/invisible, for that to be visible for people who have successfully scanned.

for magickal effects that are visible when you type, 'look', to be also visible in the 'assess' command on other people

I would even like to see:

"cavilish tell soandso (Blinking) Wat?"

Without changing your language.
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

Quote from: Reiloth on March 08, 2010, 11:06:50 PM
I would even like to see:

"cavilish tell soandso (Blinking) Wat?"

Without changing your language.

That would be AWESOME!!!
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Mansa, in your wants list about the "change" syntax, what do you propose to replace when people just want to see their current status on these things?

Such as:

ldesc - says what your ldesc IS right now.
language - tells you which language you are currently speaking
objective - informs you of your current objective, if any.

Without having to deal with the screen scroll of typing stat skill score
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

Quote from: Lizzie on March 09, 2010, 11:26:14 AM
Such as:

ldesc check - says what your ldesc IS right now.
language check - tells you which language you are currently speaking
objective check - informs you of your current objective, if any.

That would be my proposal.
Quote from: Wug
No one on staff is just waiting for the opportunity to get revenge on someone who killed one of their characters years ago.

Except me. I remember every death. And I am coming for you bastards.

Quote from: Lizzie on March 09, 2010, 11:26:14 AM
Mansa, in your wants list about the "change" syntax, what do you propose to replace when people just want to see their current status on these things?

Such as:

ldesc - says what your ldesc IS right now.
language - tells you which language you are currently speaking
objective - informs you of your current objective, if any.

Without having to deal with the screen scroll of typing stat skill score

prompt, score, stat.
There's already two ways to find that stuff.  Not necessary and an extra command is always terrible.

Watch <direction>.
I think it would be neat if when you were walking it showed the things that were in the direction you saw.
Without them having to move.
Live like God.
Love like God.

My want: Let there be a brief for the list command

>brief list off/on

Brief list on
01) a knot of black, viscous spice for 181 obsidian coins, many are available.
02) a knot of colorful, flaky spice for 63 obsidian coins, many are available.
03) a knot of crumbly, golden spice for 84 obsidian coins, many are available.

Brief list off
01) a knot of black, viscous spice for 181 obsidian coins.
02) a knot of colorful, flaky spice for 63 obsidian coins.
03) a knot of crumbly, golden spice for 84 obsidian coins.
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

I want the player to get an echo of movement emotes.
-Kuh

Quote from: kuhfelsen on March 09, 2010, 07:07:13 PM
I want the player to get an echo of movement emotes.
What do you mean?

The man runs in from the west
The man stealthily moves in from the west
the man walks in from the west
Live like God.
Love like God.

w (stalking along)

You walk west, stalking along.

That's what he means.

Ah...

also. I wish we could open joint bank accounts.
>open account
>open account with <person>
"Alright. They got'n account with you."
Live like God.
Love like God.