Random Tiny CODE Wants

Started by daedroug, April 21, 2009, 11:25:21 PM

For enough spice smoke to create a haze of smoke around the room that other people can catch a contact high off of.
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

I know this has been suggested in the past, but I would love a way to gauge the carrying capacity for liquid containers.
Quote from: Oryxin a land...where nothing is as it seems
lol
wait wait
in a harsh desert..wait
in a world...where everything's out to kill you
one man (or woman) stands sort of alone
only not really
lol
KURAC

Quote from: musashi on December 31, 2009, 06:36:50 PM
For enough spice smoke to create a haze of smoke around the room that other people can catch a contact high off of.

Or, if enough objects/PCs in a given room are lighting up, after enough time of constant smoking, it creates a haze that obscures vision, too.

For playability's sake, it'd have to be a lot of smoke from a lot of sources..but still..
Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

The ability to watch into places, for example into a hut.
I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.
     -Douglas Adams

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
     -Douglas Adams

It shouldn't be possible to fail crafting a campfire.

It's an RP tool that most people don't even bother with, anyway.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

I wish we could make dung fires or the like too. For people who live in the south where "forage wood" simply isn't an option.

Speaking of campfires.

Stop making new ones in the same room, walking into a room and finding 18 ashen campfires is silly.

Remember, if the fire is ashen, just add more wood!
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

wants: super active off peaker clans

:(
Veni, vinci, voici.

I'm okay on my own.

Dunno if I've posted this one before or not:

tdesc with items and rooms.

Cut the hem off your shirt to stop a bleeding wound? Tdesc the shirt to make it visible. Carve graffiti and smear handfuls of feces on a wall? Tdesc the room to make it known. I would of course, want a room's tdesc to come with a timer of some sort so that it wasn't permanently changed. At each reboot/crash at the very least, but preferably only 1-2 days before it cleared itself out.
Quote from: Wug
No one on staff is just waiting for the opportunity to get revenge on someone who killed one of their characters years ago.

Except me. I remember every death. And I am coming for you bastards.

Saddle bag objects that you can put and take stuff from without unpacking them from your mount
     -Douglas Adams

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
     -Douglas Adams

Quote from: jhunter on January 20, 2010, 12:27:47 AM
Quote from: X-D on January 17, 2010, 06:58:55 PM
Speaking of campfires.

Stop making new ones in the same room, walking into a room and finding 18 ashen campfires is silly.

Remember, if the fire is ashen, just add more wood!

Yeah. Realistically people usually would just use whatever firepit was already there instead of building a new one.

My random tiny want: The ability to junk ashen campfires. Or sweep them up with brooms.

Also dung campfires ftw.

I want tkeywords that you can add to yourself so that when you give someone an alias you can have it as a keyword until the end of the scene and then clear it.

It'd be great if foraging didn't undo your changed ldesc.
Live like God.
Love like God.

"Don't let life be your burden."
- Some guy, Twin Warriors

Quote from: Chettaman on January 24, 2010, 02:50:39 PM
It'd be great if foraging didn't undo your changed ldesc.

Wow, that's an excellent one.

My random tiny want: I'd love the ability to stash small items in separate pockets/pouches rather than a nebulous 'pants' or 'belt' container.
Quote from: Oryxin a land...where nothing is as it seems
lol
wait wait
in a harsh desert..wait
in a world...where everything's out to kill you
one man (or woman) stands sort of alone
only not really
lol
KURAC

keyword pocket

a hempcloth travelling jacket:
    1.pocket
    2.pocket
a pair of sandcloth wrap-pants:
    3.pocket
    4.pocket

That sort of thing?
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

For climb--like ride, cooking, and a couple less known skills--to be learn-able by everyone... even with a cap as low as 15-20%.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

The ability to attach a keyword to an object so that when you where wearing it you where targetable with it and when you took it off you wheren't, maybe just limit it to items that hide your sdesc.

on another related note, make it so that some items (not just ones that hide your sdesc) add keywords to you. For instance a cloak that adds Salarr to your keywords even if it's hood is down. One way i can see it being useful is being able to recognize people wearing clan signifying gear more easily.
     -Douglas Adams

-Douglas Adams

Bio Idea>
I would love a bit of code that would notify me in game (at some delay, not real-time) that an immortal read part of my character's bio.  That would inspire me to write more.

I have this nasty habit of putting a space at the end of what I type. I think it stems from the idea that after I finish one sentence I'm going to want to go on to another, so adding the space makes natural sense. The problem here is that, when I'm emoting, the mud registers this space as the end of my sentence, rather than the period before it. Seeing that my last character is not a period, it takes the liberty of adding one in. As a result, 50% of my emotes look like this:

The man with the plan rubs his chin dubiously. .
The man with the plan sets to work assembling a rubber band, an old surf-board, and an old Cabota lawn more into a deadly assault vehicle. .

I wish the mud would sense that I've already taken the liberty to add a period there. I break this habit for a while, then I come back to it. It's insane!

So, if you see a guy having kinky mudsex with PCs outside his own species, and an annoying ". ." at the end of his emotes, that's me.
Quote from: musashiengaging in autoerotic asphyxiation is no excuse for sloppy grammer!!!

Armageddon.org

closing/opening cloaks to change movement points.

I would like for harmful spells (without a argument) to auto target the PC/NPC you are fighting the way kick/bash/charge/trample/etc. does.

em fades back into nothingness waving at the GDBers.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

February 04, 2010, 03:30:31 AM #271 Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 01:43:54 PM by Chettaman
I want to be able to sniff templars...
maybe it's just me. But I can't do it.

Sniffing templars and the ability to wear all back-sheathable weapons on your back.
Live like God.
Love like God.

"Don't let life be your burden."
- Some guy, Twin Warriors

For clothes to become stained with what they originally were dirty with.

A sweaty pair of britches= a sweat-stained pair of britches if not cleaned properly

A bloodied pair of gloves= a blood-stained pair of gloves if not cleaned properly

The ability to rank 2 or more stats equally in the chargen so that they have the same chance of being higher. for example:

(strength agility) wisdom endurance

Would give both strength and agility the same chances of being the higher stat. In the end it would be the give you the same stats, just would randomize which of the two (or more) got that position.
     -Douglas Adams

-Douglas Adams

Is it not comon for the entire known world to refer to Obsidian coins as "sid"

It just kind of bugs me that I can't "put sid pack"
The glowing Nessalin Nebula flickers eternally overhead.
This Angers The Shade of Nessalin.