Random Tiny CODE Wants

Started by daedroug, April 21, 2009, 11:25:21 PM

A bandolier that can be worn over a shirt but still under a typical cloak.
Lunch makes me happy.

Move the assessment of an item's weight from the value skill to the assess skill.

Be able to assess how much a liquid container can hold.
Lunch makes me happy.

Quote from: Salt Merchant on December 13, 2009, 05:44:27 AM
Quote from: Morgenes on May 03, 2009, 11:07:55 AM
This will be available in Arm 2

Newbie chat in Arm? Please no. People will inevitably start using it for common OOC chatter.

Some people go on about how a single room OOC destroys their immersion. How much worse would it be to get suddenly spammed by a newbie asking a question and five different people answering him?

I realize there will probably be a toggle to shut it off for individuals, but it will still have an impact on the game overall.

That quote's from a long way back and could refer to one of two things.

A newbie help channel that would be seen by helpers only and responded to anonymously is probably going to be beneficial, if that was what Morgenes was talking about. Don't knock it until Arm2 comes around and we actually see it in action.

Morg could also be talking about the chat room that is entirely separate from the IC part of the game. This chat room was used for the Player-Staff meetings, if you were there. You can't be in the chat room and the game at the same time.

Quote from: Salt Merchant on December 13, 2009, 05:37:23 AM
A bandolier that can be worn over a shirt but still under a typical cloak.

Add shoulder position to them.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Who wouldn't want a way to store things in an easily accessible/dividable position?
Especially since most people don't have homes to store things.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

A prompt feature which indicates your current state of sobriety/drunkenness.

A means of determining how someone died by looking at their corpse (i.e., slashing weapons, bludgeoned to death, burns, nothing detectable, etc.).

At least one publicly accessable bathroom/latrine in every populated area.
Live like God.
Love like God.

"Don't let life be your burden."
- Some guy, Twin Warriors

And we should be able to forage poop from them!

Another random tiny want: People who sell light source objects in every settlement. What do people in Cenyr and Red Storm DO at night?!
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

the ability to use manure to increase your relationship with the land much like you can with water.
I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.
     -Douglas Adams

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
     -Douglas Adams

the ability to use fermented manure to increase your relationship with the universe much like you can with spice.

When you "eat" candies, you get a better echo than when you "taste" them.  Weird.

Individual boots, not pairs.

You tell the scriffy street-urchin "I see you lost a boot".

The scruffy street-urchin says "Nope, I found one!".

Only through hard work and perseverance can one truly suffer

Quote from: nyrk on December 15, 2009, 05:02:31 PM
Individual boots, not pairs.

You tell the scriffy street-urchin "I see you lost a boot".

The scruffy street-urchin says "Nope, I found one!".

Gloves too.

I've got to have mentioned this before: command emotes for mount and dismount.

Every single time that I emote how I'm dismounting, I forget to actually dismount. Every single time.  My brain is broken.
The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong.
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.

For rangers to be able to branch skill_tent_making.

Grebber - One who grebs.

A wider variety to what things taste like instead of just 'meat'.

=(
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

When a PC drinks alcohol, for them to acquire a scent. Boozy / winey / beery / whatever.
Quote from: Vanth on February 13, 2008, 05:27:50 PM
I'm gonna go all Gimfalisette on you guys and lay down some numbers.

I'd like the ability to set the IG date/time that a bio entry is done manually.

I'm willing to bet that 10 out of every 10 people don't write bio entries the moment the even occurs in game. So it feels like the date's for the memories are always out by at least a factor of a few RL hours, if not a few RL months depending on how studious the person is with writing the entries.

If I could just check the date/time when an event happens, write it down and then punch that in to the bio entry when I get around to writing it that would make me a happy panda.

I'd like the temperature to be separate from the weather command. For instances when you're indoors, underground or other such places where you wouldn't know the weather. You should still know if it's cold, hot and dry, muggy, or something like that.

Flagged footwear that covers the ankles so you don't still see ankle tattoos when you're wearing boots.
A foreign presence contacts your mind.

Quote from: Manhattan on December 23, 2009, 12:39:26 PM
Flagged footwear that covers the ankles so you don't still see ankle tattoos when you're wearing boots.

Extend this to covering shoulder tats as well. I believe this code is already in place in 1.arm actually ... I mean, correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't a shirt/tunic/vest cover the tats on your character's torso AND back?

A certain pair of loaded gloves from Sandy Claws....

I want to be able to do "time e" or "time out" to check the time when in an underground room that is only one room away from the surface ... I mean the room descriptions for those places say you can see daylight coming in from the cave mouth already, more often than not.  >:(

Call my mount from an adjacent rooms.
Quote from: scienceAn early study by Plaut and Kohn-Speyer (1947)[11] found that horse smegma had a carcinogenic effect on mice. Heins et al.(1958)

Sdescs not figuring into the emote or ldesc character limit. Pc's with longer sdescs are punished by the current restriction. Leads me to my next want, higher character limit on ldescs. The brevity stymies my creativity and forces me to come up with shorter, more awkward ldescs.
A foreign presence contacts your mind.