Random Tiny CODE Wants

Started by daedroug, April 21, 2009, 11:25:21 PM

To be able to cancel a character app after submitting it.

I'd like to see Linquist include Cavalish.
I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.
     -Douglas Adams

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
     -Douglas Adams

Whore scripts. Easy to implement too:

>use hooker

You reel from the blow!

1. Longer skin delays.

2. For normal combat to -slowly- drain stamina.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Quote from: FantasyWriter on November 24, 2009, 09:07:15 AM
2. For normal combat to -slowly- drain stamina.

3. For riding with a low skill level to slowly drain stamina.  (Chance of losing a single stamina point when moving, based on skill and terrain.)  Steering your critter is work.
4. For stamina to always slowly recharge when sitting on a mount, at a rate comparable to the Sitting rate for the room.  Just a-settin' on your critter ain't work.
5. For mounts to lose significantly less stamina when walking without a rider than with.  (This may already be in place.)

What would we see?  People alternately walking and riding when travelling long distances, just like in the Storybooks.
The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong.
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.

Boots that leave tracks that look like an animals or other race.

boots with an oversized base (half giant prints)

boots with something carved into the bottom layer of extra external leather with the print of a gizhat or stilt.

The funny little foreign man

I often hear the jingle to -Riunite on ice- when I read the estate name Reynolte, eve though there ain't no ice in Zalanthas.

The ability to use the whole "look man's uberthing" to look at thing in their inventory that are big enough to show up under their sdesc
     -Douglas Adams

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
     -Douglas Adams

Also, I don't know if this is in game or not already ... if it is, I'd like to see it in moreso but, anyway:

I want animals to be scavengers, or creatures of opportunity instead of full on rapid beserk killers. Like ... it would be cool if some animals were only interested in attacking you if you were say, past a certain threshold of HP, instead of attacking all the time.

Or if a lone animal decided to forgo attacking a person, but would have if there had been a pack of them instead. Stuff like that to breath a bit more life into the critters of the wastes.
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

Quote from: musashi on November 26, 2009, 04:29:50 AM
Also, I don't know if this is in game or not already ... if it is, I'd like to see it in moreso but, anyway:

I want animals to be scavengers, or creatures of opportunity instead of full on rapid beserk killers. Like ... it would be cool if some animals were only interested in attacking you if you were say, past a certain threshold of HP, instead of attacking all the time.

Or if a lone animal decided to forgo attacking a person, but would have if there had been a pack of them instead. Stuff like that to breath a bit more life into the critters of the wastes.

I'd also love to see some types of aggressive animals flee once they get past a certain HP threshold.
And I vanish into the dark
And rise above my station

To me, the vNPC line of reasoning is sort of like the "God did it" mindset. Its a nifty catch all that doesn't really answer anything but can answer everything so long as you don't think about it and just swallow it down and move on.

I mean, when we're talking about burgulars and folks wanting vNPC or NPC marks in game to burgle; people are quick to chime in with things like "vNPC burgulars prey on vNPC commoners and PC burgulars to prey on PC commoners. So we don't need overlap. But they can overlap just fine when it comes to critters outside the walls and their eating habits?

Even with the obvious logical inconsistencies of the vnpc catch all excuse aside, it still in no way explains why lone animals will rapidly attack well armed groups of people when they really should know better.

Another tiny random want: To be able to forage for specific items at a penalty. Like forage garnet, forage grub, ect ect.

the ability to do "list black" and have it default to listing everything black in the first merchants inventory rather then showing the inventory of a merchant with black in their key words. Would make it easier if you looking for something specific you can just copy paste "list black" and use it for every merchant rather then needing to change it for each merchant.
     -Douglas Adams

-Douglas Adams

It would also be nice if you could tell the difference between a worked and unworked hide just by the sdesc.
     -Douglas Adams

-Douglas Adams

Morgenes?  Xygax?  I have a random tiny want.  So tiny.  So lovely in its tiny fragility.

I want two stacked torso and legs wear locations, the outer one (if used) hiding the inner one.  One simple rule: armor can be worn over clothing, but not over other armor.

> wear shirt; look me
<worn on body>  a simple sandcloth shirt
> wear cuirass; look me
<worn on body>  a cuirboilli cuirass
> eq
<worn on body>  a cuirboilli cuirass

> remove sandcloth
It's like stuck.
> remove cuirass; look me

The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong.
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.

The ability to cast wall spells on entrances and exits instead of just specific directions.
     -Douglas Adams

-Douglas Adams

Quote from: daedroug on December 07, 2009, 03:31:25 PM
The ability to cast wall spells on entrances and exits instead of just specific directions.

That would be pretty cool.
Also the ability to recharge wall spells by casting the same spell in the same direction more than once, rather than having to wait for the first wall to die.

>look jihae

It's red and reddish

>look krath

OW that burns!

More hours in the day to play with the awesome people that keep me up so ridiculously late.
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → b a

Swimming skill.

Use stamina -and- stun to replicate holding your breath.

Give it to every class, and give scavengers a slightly higher cap.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

Breath under water spell for vividuans.
     -Douglas Adams

-Douglas Adams

I'd like for the tattoos and scars on people to be visible on their corpses after they die. I always wonder if I'm missing out on the chance to discover the person was secretly part of some crazy orginization or something.

Holdable helmets.
A foreign presence contacts your mind.

Quote from: Manhattan on December 12, 2009, 12:13:18 AM
Holdable helmets.

Damn near everything holdable.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Change jam to a seasoning so you can spread it on your slices of bread.
     -Douglas Adams

-Douglas Adams

arrows to have wear locations
The funny little foreign man

I often hear the jingle to -Riunite on ice- when I read the estate name Reynolte, eve though there ain't no ice in Zalanthas.