Random Tiny CODE Wants

Started by daedroug, April 21, 2009, 11:25:21 PM

I'd also want whether or not the item is clothing or armor to show up with the "value" command....

Srsly....

look leggings
These leggings are made of thick-ass chalton leather, covered in a thin layer of sandcloth.
They're totally hard as fuck and look like they'd make it hard to move, but clever cuts in
the leather make them easy to move in.

tailor leggings

The buff armormaker tells you in armorer-accented sirihish:
"That's not armor."

I sometimes wish the intoxication code was a little more robust.
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

I wish NPCs/vNPCs would pick the pockets of wealthy PCs who venture into shady areas they shouldn't.

I wish new PCs who point Labyrinth would spawn with a dark, hooded cloak.

I want a prompt option that shows either "unarmed" or the weapon s-desc such as "a bloody, metal sword" or "a flimsy skinning knife that's really just a dyed feather."

> emote stalks his prey, ~metal held at the ready.
> emote leaps from behind a cactus, raising ~metal with a savage war-cry.
> kill mek
> Your flimsy skinning knife tickles the mek, who titters with amusement before crushing you.
Quote from: Synthesis
Quote from: lordcooper
You go south and one of the other directions that isn't north.  That is seriously the limit of my geographical knowledge of Arm.
Sarge?

>Nosave combat

You have stopped fighting back.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

A forgive command.

So you don't have to wait off a silly 5-10 minute combat timer from sparring.

GAH!
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

When a person who is already been attacked by NPC soldiers is 'pardon'ed by a templar, said NPC soldiers should cease attacking said person.

I've seen too many templars inadvertently kill people. A long time ago I lost one of my favourite characters to this.

My random want is more stuff to do for off-peakers who can't play hunters because they have no sense of direction whatsoever.  :P

Then I'd play Armageddon again.

1.  For look to echo to the character you're looking at, but not to everyone else if you don't look emote.
2.  To be able to not have some of the Discussion Boards on the GDB.  I hate having to hit "mark read" for the submissions, non-arm discussion, and Reborn boards.

New Skill, available for all guilds to learn, comes packaged with guild: Ranger and subguild: Nomad.

Water trap.

Requires a tarp like substance of some sort (wax paper, whatever), a rock and a liquid container (bottle, cup, glass, etc) to craft.  It sets up a small water trap that lasts until the next reboot or someone destroys it (or the next strong storm).  Checking back at it after a while will have produced a small amount of water inside the container.

I like the idea of spacing a few of these around an area that a Guild: Ranger character calls "home", so that they wouldn't be totally bound to the few known water sources out in the desert, and could live truly hermetic lives if they so chose to.  Or, for those guilds that don't have the wilderness quit, they could find one of the quit safe rooms outside of the cites that aren't near said water sources, and set these up, for their own hermit life styles.
Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

October 23, 2009, 12:16:07 AM #186 Last Edit: October 23, 2009, 12:18:16 AM by Potaje
Great desert storms of lightning, dry lightning, balls of it shattering through a fierce sandstorm, seen on the horizon by riders, from ramparts, all around yourself as your are stuck in the midst.

I would like to hear nature speak.

No Shout!

http://cache4.asset-cache.net/xc/10188657.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=D0EB3BFB2D4A71579669E6BE495A087AEC7C5022FB410D56
The funny little foreign man

I often hear the jingle to -Riunite on ice- when I read the estate name Reynolte, eve though there ain't no ice in Zalanthas.

Guild: Ranger.

Passive ability all Rangers start out with.  Will increase as other hunting skills increase.

> Inv.
You are carrying:
A chipped black horn.
A matted clump of hair.
A sleek crimson hide.
A long, white hide.

> Examin horn.

It's a horn.  Black.  With chips in it.  Probably from your ham-handed attempts to get it off.
You can tell it came from a rhinoceros.
This animal was a plains dweller.

> Examin hair.

A bunch of hair.  Black.
You can tell it came from the black-haired,  angular woman.
This animal is you, stupid.  You ripped out your own hair in frustration.

> Examin hide.
Sleek.  Red.  Covered in fur.
You're not sure what animal this came from.

> Examin white.
Long, white, with four legs that still have the claws attached.
You're not sure what animal this came from.
This animal was a forest dweller.

Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

I have a random, tiny want that the health-modified ldescs should be changed to something more generic.  No more bleeding heavily after a sparring match please.

Reroll undo option. I think it would get rid of much anguish and grief.

I think it would be pretty neat if one was able to post on the rumor boards in other languages only viewable by those fluent in that language.

exm:

Rumors amongst dwarven ears resounds around the taverns. A Dwarven male is heard to say amongst his Kin " adf Well dmlk opojfm."

The funny little foreign man

I often hear the jingle to -Riunite on ice- when I read the estate name Reynolte, eve though there ain't no ice in Zalanthas.

To be able to strap logs to mounts without putting them in bags first.

Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

>inv
You are carrying:

a couple of leather straps
an agafari log
a couple of obsidian breastplates

>put log strap
You put an agafari log into a leather strap.

>pack strap inix
You strap a leather strap with an agafari log onto an inix's back.

>put breastplate strap
You put an obsidian breastplate into a leather strap.

>put breastplate strap
You can only place one item onto a leather strap.

>pack strap inix
You strap a leather strap with an obsidian breastplate onto an inix's back.

>pack inix
You look over the things an inix is carriyng...
a leather strap holding an agafari log
a leather strap holding an obsidian breastplate

Maybe not tiny, but that's what I want. A leather strap item that will hold fairly heavy items, but only one item at a time. That way we don't slowly have to decide what should be strappable and what shouldn't.

Quote from: Cutthroat on November 06, 2009, 07:23:32 AM

>inv
You are carrying:

a couple of leather straps
an agafari log
a couple of obsidian breastplates

>put log strap
You put an agafari log into a leather strap.

>pack strap inix
You strap a leather strap with an agafari log onto an inix's back.

>put breastplate strap
You put an obsidian breastplate into a leather strap.

>put breastplate strap
You can only place one item onto a leather strap.

>pack strap inix
You strap a leather strap with an obsidian breastplate onto an inix's back.

>pack inix
You look over the things an inix is carriyng...
a leather strap holding an agafari log
a leather strap holding an obsidian breastplate

Maybe not tiny, but that's what I want. A leather strap item that will hold fairly heavy items, but only one item at a time. That way we don't slowly have to decide what should be strappable and what shouldn't.

Make it so you can "hitch" large enough items to mounts.

>hitch log beetle
You tie the log to the beetle.

>hitch log beetle
You tie the log to the beetle.

>l

A war beetle is here.
    He is dragging two logs

And my favorite extension thereof:

The acrobatic dwarf subdues you, despite your struggles to get away!
[96hp 84mv 101st]

The acrobatic dwarf ties you to the huge inix.
[96hp 84mv 101st]

The acrobatic dwarf hops onto the back of the huge inix.
[96hp 84mv 101st]

A huge inix walks south, carrying the acrobatic dwarf on its back.
You follow the huge inix, being dragged south.
It burns and stings!
[86hp 84mv 91st]

I wish all bows defaulted to "es" when drawn. It's so annoying to draw your bow, then find you can't use the "pull quiver" proc because your bow's in your primary hand.

And if you're a forgetful old sod like me, you will do this at least a dozen times with each variety of bow you ever use.  :'(
Quote from: Oryxin a land...where nothing is as it seems
lol
wait wait
in a harsh desert..wait
in a world...where everything's out to kill you
one man (or woman) stands sort of alone
only not really
lol
KURAC

November 12, 2009, 08:15:06 PM #195 Last Edit: November 12, 2009, 08:18:13 PM by RogueGunslinger
Subclass brawler:

Kicksand muscular.

>You kick sand into the tall muscualr man's face, temporarily blinding him!

punch amos

>You You punch the tall muscular man, connecting with his shoulder. (hp damage)

strike malik

>You strike the tall muscular man's throat, blocking off air-pasage to his lungs (stun damage)

forage weapon

>You begin searching the area intently.

>You pry a wooden leg from a stool, using it as a makeshift club.

forage weapon

>You begin searching the area intently.

>You find a dusty jagged rock in the sand, wielding it.

I'd like for tents claiming to be camo'd or to blend in with the desert ... to need something of a scan check to be noticable.
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

While reading a log...

The gal sends you a telepathic message:
      "<amusement> General swearin' an' complainin' 'bout the foul deed an' "gross smell" ..Probably plannin' revenge, righ' now..All in all, I think he loved the attention."

You send a telepathic message to the gal:
      "*a faint mental smile*  I imagine so, though he's hardly deserving of an attempt at vengeance.  I'm... ah, sorry to have inflicted his rants on you.  *mirth*"

... I realized that EVERYONE does this.  We've created random workarounds to expressing tone of voice within psis.  I think it'd be a neat little thing to have the ability to code this (along the lines of how we do thinks with feels) as well as the ability to project just a feeling (or image) without it being a "message".
Quote from: saquartey
Rairen, what would we do without you?

I want different colored war beetles.

Throw targets non-pc/npc objs

> Drop mug
You drop your shitty mug.

> Arrange mug (hung from a tree branch)

> throw dagger mug

You take aim....

If you hit, mug reverts to break or salvage mode.

Practice.

If you gaze for long enough into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

www.j03m.com