Random Tiny CODE Wants

Started by daedroug, April 21, 2009, 11:25:21 PM

Does the 'value' command SERIOUSLY have to have a delay on it?
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

Does the value command have to be so stupid when you're not class merchant? I valued an empty backpack and a full backpack and got the same weight in stones.
Quote from: Gimfalisette
(10:00:49 PM) Gimf: Yes, you sentence? I sentence often.

Quote from: Riev on July 07, 2009, 10:18:48 PM
Quote from: Morgenes on July 07, 2009, 10:08:30 PM
Quote from: RogueGunslinger on July 07, 2009, 10:48:40 AM
If a blade has poison on it, and that blade cuts someone, they should be poisoned.
So you want us to remove resistance checks for poison?

Obligatory "Zalanthas is gritty" quip.

I think a lot of people cut someone with a blade, and when it doesn't work, assume the poison never left the blade. In reality, it was likely something that let resistance kick in.

That said, I -do- feel that resistances to some poisons seem a bit high, and this coming from someone who, if a specific poison had hit, WOULD likely be dead right now.

My random tiny want:

I would like to see poison resistance be more than a simple pass/fail "whoop you got poisoned / nope you didn't" check.

A person with high endurance, racial resistance to poisons, or built-up resistance to poisons could recover from being poisoned faster, or perhaps not die to certain taints that are normally lethal, while still suffering some noticeable ill effects.
And I vanish into the dark
And rise above my station

I'd like movemet emotes to work with 'enter' and 'leave' so I can leave (strolling down the ramp) and enter (into the Great Unknown).

The ability to codely close your eyes without sleeping.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Or wearable blindfold that actually work!!!!
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

To be able to give my buddy the ticket for his kank that I borrowed without having to step out into the street first.

a 'ground' keyword and a 'room' keyword, so you can type put pack room as well as drop pack.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Something that's always bothered me -

You take off your shield strapped to your back and somehow, even while wearing a shirt and cloak, everyone can see the tattoo or scars on your back.

You stop using your big ass shield, revealing a tattoo of a naked woman!

If wearing something on your body, or about your body, you shouldn't see what's on someone's back when you remove your shield or pack.

To be able to talk in your sleep.
(no counting trauma/magick/poison induced sleep)
Grebber - One who grebs.

I want lighting incense or scented candles to change my scent desc.

How sweet would that be?!?

YESSSSSSS!!!

I also want mul mix to be craftable as a tea.
Quote from: Riev on June 12, 2019, 02:20:04 PM
Do you kill your sparring partners once they are useless to you, so that you are king?

I'm sure this has been mentioned before, but just to beat ye old dead horse:

command: consume

consume FOOD
   if FOOD in inventory or held
       X = FOOD_VALUE
       if not: slap user upside head
   if FOOD = Poisoned
       Run poison sub-routine
   add X to player's hunger/thirst
   delete FOOD

I try to gorge ahead, but still, I end up starving through meetings or certain scenes because I don't want to spam the room with 12 or more lines of text in order to get fed and watered.
Quote from: Synthesis
Quote from: lordcooper
You go south and one of the other directions that isn't north.  That is seriously the limit of my geographical knowledge of Arm.
Sarge?

I'd like to be able to play Tek's Tower on tables.
Quote from: Riev on June 12, 2019, 02:20:04 PM
Do you kill your sparring partners once they are useless to you, so that you are king?

I wish that you could write on one page of a book, quit the text editor, and then resume writing on that same page at a later date.

Or that books existed with more than 12 pages.
Quote from: Oryxin a land...where nothing is as it seems
lol
wait wait
in a harsh desert..wait
in a world...where everything's out to kill you
one man (or woman) stands sort of alone
only not really
lol
KURAC

Tattoo vendors not being such dicks and giving you their inventory list, even though you're asking for someone else's in the room!
Amor Fati

July 20, 2009, 06:03:13 PM #90 Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 06:06:02 PM by MarshallDFX
All the staff to be ready, waiting, fingers poised over the keyboard, to respond to my  submitted requests 24 hours a day.  All wait times < 3 minutes.

Random animations. I've seen some amazing RPTs, planned animations and other cool shit since that announcement happened... so I'm not dissatisfied with staff or anything... but I haven't seen any random animations of "on-your-level" clan PCs since that announcement a while back. And I thought that was a cool new policy, too.
Quote from: Gimfalisette
(10:00:49 PM) Gimf: Yes, you sentence? I sentence often.

I want the vellum tailor's tickets to look different for each town.  Grrrr.
Quote from: manonfire on November 04, 2013, 08:11:36 AM
The secret to great RP is having the balls to be weird and the brains to make it eloquent.

...I still want my > Whisper self.

T_T
Quote from: Niamh on September 24, 2009, 02:28:12 PM
Remember, you're never in trouble if you don't get caught!

Quote from: Wyx on June 28, 2009, 07:59:17 PM
Besides, the players know best

For some items to be worn under others.

You remove your 70's afro wig, revealing a neon pink headband.

The ability to deal cards blind with Kruth decks.  As in, dealing cards face down, somehow.

You deal a kruth card to a booger-faced human, face down.

turn card
A booger-faced human turns over the card, revealing a Kruth card:  the Stone of Kings.
Money is in some respects like fire; it is a very excellent servant but a terrible master.

P.T. Barnum

A wider variety of camouflaged hunting gear.
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

To look at objects on other objects.
look desk's dagger

To be able to show someone an item in your inventory much like you can view an item in a shop keeper's store.
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

While we're at it, look in something that's on something else.
Look in bag table