Random Tiny CODE Wants

Started by daedroug, April 21, 2009, 11:25:21 PM

I would like to be able to beep people (and be beeped). Mainly these people who idle during off-peak times waiting for interaction.
Quote from: Rahnevyn on March 09, 2009, 03:39:45 PM
Clans can give stat bonuses and penalties, too. The Byn drop in wisdom is particularly notorious.

help beep
All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Quote from: HavokBlue on April 10, 2011, 07:04:08 AM
help beep

Oh, hey, I never thought about that. Nobody seems to use it :P
Clans can give stat bonuses and penalties, too. The Byn drop in wisdom is particularly notorious.

I like to use it randomly to give people adrenaline rushes (just kidding)

Why kidding, I really do.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

I think someone might have already suggested this but I wish one could compare similar armor pieces to each other and the same with similar type weapons.

>inv
a black chitin breastplate
a sturdy, bone-studded leather vest

>compare black sturdy

You compare a black chitin breastplate with a sturdy, bone-studded vest.
-A black chitin breastplate would provide more protection than a sturdy, bone-studded vest.
-A black chitin breastplate is heavier than a sturdy, bone-studded vest.
-A sturdy, bone-studded vest is more durable than a black chitin breastplate.

>inv

an obsidan longsword
a bone shortsword
>Compare obsidian bone
You compare an obsidian longsword with a bone shortsword.
-An obsidian longsword would likely do more damage than a bone shortsword.
-An obsidian longsword is heavier than a bone shortsword.
-A bone shortsword is more durable than an obsidian longsword.
Quote from: Fnord on November 27, 2010, 01:55:19 PM
May the fap be with you, always. ;D

April 10, 2011, 05:18:27 PM #1931 Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 05:20:50 PM by Feco
Quote from: jhunter on April 10, 2011, 04:55:54 PM
I think someone might have already suggested this but I wish one could compare similar armor pieces to each other and the same with similar type weapons.

>inv
a black chitin breastplate
a sturdy, bone-studded leather vest

>compare black sturdy

You compare a black chitin breastplate with a sturdy, bone-studded vest.
-A black chitin breastplate would provide more protection than a sturdy, bone-studded vest.
-A black chitin breastplate is heavier than a sturdy, bone-studded vest.
-A sturdy, bone-studded vest is more durable than a black chitin breastplate.

>inv

an obsidan longsword
a bone shortsword
>Compare obsidian bone
You compare an obsidian longsword with a bone shortsword.
-An obsidian longsword would likely do more damage than a bone shortsword.
-An obsidian longsword is heavier than a bone shortsword.
-A bone shortsword is more durable than an obsidian longsword.

PROS:

I think this is totally realistic in a way, given only advanced users of the type of weapon (or weapon and armor crafters) can do it accurately, or it is a separate skill that branches from mastering using weapon types.

Lower ability should equal higher errors -- like value.

CONS:

I see a lot of people wearing the same shit once it gets around "this is the best stuff."
QuoteSunshine all the time makes a desert.
Vote at TMS
Vote at TMC

Quote from: Feco on April 10, 2011, 05:18:27 PM
I see a lot of people wearing the same shit once it gets around "this is the best stuff."

This already sort of happens (although the 'best stuff' is often really just 'allegedly best stuff'!)

April 10, 2011, 05:24:52 PM #1933 Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 05:26:23 PM by jhunter
Yeah, I like the idea of making it a skill sort of like value, just call it the compare skill. Give bonuses to your use of the skill dependant upon your character's other skills. Like having value would help but maybe also having the proper weapon skill would help with comparing weapons, etc. I disagree with it taking "master" level ability to do this, I don't think it should be that hard to discern with both items in hand.

I wish there was a hidden open and close option for those sneaky instances when you need to get something out of your closed pack without the whole room noticing you.
The glowing Nessalin Nebula flickers eternally overhead.
This Angers The Shade of Nessalin.

I wish there was an option on rescue to single out a specific attacker from someone your trying to save. So that when your spreading them across the line you don't take the one half beat to shit. or get stuck with the toughest one because its the first in the line.

The funny little foreign man

I often hear the jingle to -Riunite on ice- when I read the estate name Reynolte, eve though there ain't no ice in Zalanthas.

Comparison of ages. If I'm an older middle-aged person and this young lady is eighteen people should be able to see that.

Quote from: perfecto on April 11, 2011, 06:37:54 PM
I wish there was a hidden open and close option for those sneaky instances when you need to get something out of your closed pack without the whole room noticing you.

yes.
Quote from: Qzzrbl
THAT MAN IS DEHYDRATING!

QUICK! GIMME A BANDAGE!!

Quote from: Cindy42 on April 12, 2011, 04:16:15 AM
Comparison of ages. If I'm an older middle-aged person and this young lady is eighteen people should be able to see that.

assess -v can do some of that, if you were to use it on each person seperately.
Quote from: Wug on August 28, 2013, 05:59:06 AM
Vennant doesn't appear to age because he serves drinks at the speed of light. Now you know why there's no delay on the buy code in the Gaj.

Quote from: BleakOne on April 12, 2011, 05:25:08 AM
Quote from: Cindy42 on April 12, 2011, 04:16:15 AM

assess -v can do some of that, if you were to use it on each person seperately.

thank you :3
Quote from: Qzzrbl
THAT MAN IS DEHYDRATING!

QUICK! GIMME A BANDAGE!!

Quote from: perfecto on April 11, 2011, 06:37:54 PM

I wish more people left containers and inventories open and full for those rare occasions that someone might ACTUALLY roll a pickpocket (what, 1% of the entire playerbase?)

My RTCW:
         Rescue to accept an argument, as stated before, only the argument is optional. As in "rescue <person>", "rescue <person> <aggressor>" and "rescue <person> <all>". I ask for all, only because the reason rescue gets people killed more often than not, is because of the immense amount of lag that they are forced to endure, during which they can't flee even though they have 2 more spiders attacking them. Make the check higher for all, or give it a partial fail, but it might result in rescue used more often, and less accidental deaths.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

I wish the information from ass -v was just tagged on after the main description when you look at someone. That way look alone gives you the information that you should get from a look instead of having to use two separate commands.

Not wading through 77 pages to see if this has been asked already but I would love to see certain items coded as both armor and weapons. I want to bludgeon somebody to death with my helmet damn it.

I dunno about that, but you can probably find armor items that have weapon-like functions if you look around in-game.
All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Quote from: HavokBlue on April 12, 2011, 08:49:05 PM
I dunno about that, but you can probably find armor items that have weapon-like functions if you look around in-game.

Sure. But can I wield the bracer and bludgeon somebody to death with it? Realistically you could and it's just awesome in general.

Almost all items should also be coded as bludgeoning in my opinion unless it;'s a fork then it would be stabbing, heh.

Bows too should be weapons. I think I remember seeing one with sharp bone caps on either end so it could pierce but if you wield it and fight in combat it does nothing.

The ability to paralyze with a punch. And the ability to break bones.

Quote from: Saellyn on April 12, 2011, 10:50:33 PM
The ability to paralyze with a punch. And the ability to break bones.
Ex-nay on the paralyze-punching-nay... But I'd be down for damageable limbs (that heal, of course) but I would like to see a vicious slash to the arm temporary drop someone's ability to use arm-related maneuvers (disarming, shield use and/or weapon use).
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

Throwing maneuvers. The ability to grab a guy, and throw him in a direction without subdue (with an upped fail check of course)

I'm against that. If you got subdue, you can emote the throwing maneuver.

Quote from: Dar on April 13, 2011, 12:02:28 AM
I'm against that. If you got subdue, you can emote the throwing maneuver.

Be nice and stop throwing my random tiny want away!

Quote from: Saellyn on April 12, 2011, 11:34:05 PM
Throwing maneuvers. The ability to grab a guy, and throw him in a direction without subdue (with an upped fail check of course)

I'd like this too. You can't throw someone off a cliff with an emote :P

I'd also like to be able to slam them down and do other wrestling maneuvers for extra stun damage, and higher chance of fail or self injury.