Random Tiny CODE Wants

Started by daedroug, April 21, 2009, 11:25:21 PM

I was going to say, that is easy to fix, either have it simply not work if face hid, Or, and this would be more fun IMO, have it work, But if the PC lowers hood, uncovers face, for any reason, the keyword goes away for the other person.

Being able to keyword all your raiding partners with hoods up is useful, but no reason they should stick...besides, then you could re-use them.

I know if I was a byn sarge, I'd be wanting to use Larry, Curly and Moe...alot.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

Quote from: X-D on April 03, 2011, 09:26:03 PM
I was going to say, that is easy to fix, either have it simply not work if face hid, Or, and this would be more fun IMO, have it work, But if the PC lowers hood, uncovers face, for any reason, the keyword goes away for the other person.

Being able to keyword all your raiding partners with hoods up is useful, but no reason they should stick...besides, then you could re-use them.

I know if I was a byn sarge, I'd be wanting to use Larry, Curly and Moe...alot.

Actually, that's a really good point. If your Rogue is smart enough to change clothes, people won't be able to recognize him for his crimes by tagging them with a temp keyword.
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

Sounds good to me. I hope that idea makes it into 2.arm as well.
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

Quote from: musashi on April 03, 2011, 07:19:40 PM
Quote from: Morgenes on April 03, 2011, 01:48:26 PM
Quote from: Marc on April 03, 2011, 01:25:31 PM
The ability to assign keywords to pcs/npcs just like you can for mounts ONLY that they do not work for other people.

Example:

Blue-man says his name is frank.  Frank is not a keyword.  You addkeyword blue frank.
Now blue-man has the keyword frank to you only.  Frank would still not work for anyone else.

We are calling these private keywords in Arm 2. It is the way most keywording will work, except for visible sdesc keywords.

I'm a little worried about abuse issues with private keywords.

Take for example a situation in which a person who got robbed discretely keywords their completely cloaked/hidden/I'll kill you if you look at me robber. Then whenever they see a new PC walk into the bar back at the city they "l robber" and see if it pings.

It would be a simple case of code abuse and it would be easy enough for the staff to look at the logs and bust them on it if such happened.
Quote from: Fnord on November 27, 2010, 01:55:19 PM
May the fap be with you, always. ;D

Quote from: jhunter on April 03, 2011, 11:29:17 PM
It would be a simple case of code abuse and it would be easy enough for the staff to look at the logs and bust them on it if such happened.

This alone doesn't do it for me. I know staff would surely do that, but they couldn't save your character.

The person would be punished, but the damage would already be done.
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

> list prostitute
the tall, muscular prostitute has the following goods to trade:
01) a kiss for 10 obsidian coins
02) heavy petting for 24 obsidian coins
03) a striptease for 45 obsidian coins
04) kanking for 80 obsidian coins
05) backdoor kanking for 140 obsidian coins
Quote from: Rahnevyn on March 09, 2009, 03:39:45 PM
Clans can give stat bonuses and penalties, too. The Byn drop in wisdom is particularly notorious.

Quote from: SMuz on April 04, 2011, 04:15:14 AM
> list prostitute
the tall, muscular prostitute has the following goods to trade:
01) a kiss for 10 obsidian coins
02) heavy petting for 24 obsidian coins
03) a striptease for 45 obsidian coins
04) kanking for 80 obsidian coins
05) backdoor kanking for 140 obsidian coins

I dig that!
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

How about the next time there is a PC whore, you actually value her, instead of either ignoring them, or making it a challenge to get into their pants for free.

Quote from: Dar on April 04, 2011, 10:05:06 AM
How about the next time there is a PC whore, you actually value her, instead of either ignoring them, or making it a challenge to get into their pants for free.

>value whore
You'd probably have to pay a couple small to get him under some furs.

?

I am ok with this code want
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

April 04, 2011, 12:07:33 PM #1909 Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 12:12:35 PM by jhunter
Quote from: musashi on April 04, 2011, 04:06:06 AM
Quote from: jhunter on April 03, 2011, 11:29:17 PM

This alone doesn't do it for me. I know staff would surely do that, but they couldn't save your character.

The person would be punished, but the damage would already be done.

I suppose but I prefer to leave it possible for the twinks to show themselves and get weeded out. For every one that abuses something like that there are many who don't and that goes a long way in making me feel better about trusting the majority of players.
Quote from: Fnord on November 27, 2010, 01:55:19 PM
May the fap be with you, always. ;D

Sunslits to reduce vision indoors/in the dark.

Maybe you can't see out of the room you're in?
QuoteSunshine all the time makes a desert.
Vote at TMS
Vote at TMC

whisper self

For those times that you want to mutter under your breath, but you want to afford someone the opportunity to hear you if they are listening.
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Quote from: Feco on April 06, 2011, 08:26:04 PM
Sunslits to reduce vision indoors/in the dark.

Maybe you can't see out of the room you're in?

My suggestion: Limits visibility by one room, but allows you to see in the room you're in, even during blinding sandstorms.

So if you'd normally see 3 rooms, you only see 2, etc. The trade off is that you'd have an easier time navigating during actual sandstorms.

I don't think visibilty in the bright sun should be limited.  Just indoors/dark.  Just MHO.
Vote at TMS
Vote at TMC

Quote from: Feco on April 06, 2011, 10:08:45 PM
I don't think visibilty in the bright sun should be limited.  Just indoors/dark.  Just MHO.

Well they do kinda wreak havoc on peripheral vision.

significantly nix scan if you're wearing sunslits maybe?

Seems like a pointless addition.

Quote from: DesertT on April 06, 2011, 08:43:14 PM
whisper self

For those times that you want to mutter under your breath, but you want to afford someone the opportunity to hear you if they are listening.

I proposed something like this a few years back, looks like it's not likely to happen (in Armageddon 1) :P
Quote from: Rahnevyn on March 09, 2009, 03:39:45 PM
Clans can give stat bonuses and penalties, too. The Byn drop in wisdom is particularly notorious.

Quote from: SMuz on April 07, 2011, 04:11:04 AM
Quote from: DesertT on April 06, 2011, 08:43:14 PM
whisper self

I proposed something like this a few years back, looks like it's not likely to happen (in Armageddon 1) :P

I'd quite like a mutter command...

Mutter Bloody knife ears
The annoying brit mutters softly

Or if your listen skill is high enough:

Listen
You overhear the annoying brit mutter softly "Bloody knife ears"

Quote from: BleakOne
Dammit Kol you made me laugh too.
A staff member sends:
     "Hi! Please don't kill the sparring dummy."

Since the 'whisper self' vs 'mutter' debate broke out back when it did, I've been a proponent of 'whisper self'.  Why add another command instead of just increase the functionality on a command we already have?  This goes doubly when the command you're looking for basically duplicates that other command... but is just to self.
"I am a cipher, wrapped in an enigma, smothered in secret sauce."
- Jimmy James, the man so great they had to name him twice

Quote from: Booya on September 12, 2010, 04:53:44 PM
Quote from: DustMight on September 09, 2010, 12:04:44 AM
Quote from: Potaje on May 01, 2009, 12:16:58 PM

I would like to see Drum beat echo for multiple rooms and grow fainter as they reach out..

I submitted an object like this once - a war horn.  Thought it might be practical in coordinating battles.

I'd like to be able  to whistle, and it to be heard in adjoining rooms.

whistle two short sharp blasts

From the east, you hear someone whistle two short sharp blasts

More flexible, a 'signal' command:

signal (pounding the beater on  ~drum) two resonant drumbeats

shows to the room: Pounding the beater on her large hide drum, so and so does two resonant drum beats.
shows to every adjacent room: From the south/east/west/north you hear two resonant drum beats.

signal (bringing both thumbs to her lips, hands cupped) an owl-like hoot

shows to the room: Bringing both thumbs to her lips, hands cupped, so and so does an owl-like hoot
shows to adjacent rooms: From the north etc you hear an owl-like hoot

Maybe only people who were actively listening could hear it in adjacent rooms, and if you had mastered 'listen' you could hear it from even further away.

I love the thought of being able to do secret gang whistle codes in the 'rinth. Or co-ordinate hunts and/or raids with only sounds. 

Signaling would work.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

For you to still be able to interact with a merchant npc when it happens to wander into the same room as a tattooist.
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

Quote from: Majikal on April 09, 2011, 03:34:47 PM
For you to still be able to interact with a merchant npc when it happens to wander into the same room as a tattooist.
Vote at TMS
Vote at TMC

Quote from: Feco on April 09, 2011, 04:04:16 PM
Quote from: Majikal on April 09, 2011, 03:34:47 PM

Yes please.