Training Weapons

Started by drunkendwarf, June 06, 2003, 10:15:24 AM

Does anyone else think the availability of training weapons is a bit strange? I mean, for a civilization where half the population most likely lives and dies by the sword, you'd think it would be a bit easier to pick up a few blunted weapons without having to travel halfway across the known world or put in a special order...

You would think the darn things would be easily craftable....Or craftable at all.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

Typically there isnt a market for mass training weapons, as the common thinking in a low-tech civilization is that training weapons are for sissies and that 'dull' or padded weapons are for children. Its a more higher-tech, and advanced thinking to put pride aside to beat at each other with weakened weapons for the sake of learning as opposed to fighting. There are stores that commonly sell training weapons. Two that I know of in, 4 major cities.