Nifty Things from Old Arm

Started by tortall, April 16, 2009, 08:09:32 PM

So, thanks to the awesome old Arm website, which I have been reading, I learned a few interesting facts:

QuoteThe Houses are Kadius, a House based in Allanak which trades (for the most part) in furs, skins, jewels, and other rarities; Salarr, a "nomadic" House, having emporiums in many small villages as well as cities, which deals in weapons, armor, and other tools of war; and Kurac, a Tuluki house which deals in a wide variety of items.

Kadius is based in Nak, not Tuluk as many seem to think(what with Freils Rest and all)
Salarr is nomadic House
Kurac is a TULUKI House. WTF.

More to come.
The man asks you:
     "'Bout damn time, lol.  She didn't bang you up too bad, did she?"
The man says, ooc:
     "OG did i jsut do that?"

Quote from: Shalooonsh
I love the players of this game.
That's not a random thought either.

April 16, 2009, 08:19:04 PM #2 Last Edit: April 16, 2009, 08:35:30 PM by tortall
The docs for the classes have not changed at ALL. Word for word what they were in 1996.

Addition of Lightening, Shadow, and Void. Changed Sun Cleric to Sun Elem.

Ok, that was all the exciting ones. It's pretty cool to watch how things developed over time on the website.
The man asks you:
     "'Bout damn time, lol.  She didn't bang you up too bad, did she?"
The man says, ooc:
     "OG did i jsut do that?"

Quote from: Shalooonsh
I love the players of this game.
That's not a random thought either.

Actually pretty sure Salarr is based in the North and that Kurac is the nomadic house. Pretty sure that the old website gave the wrong information.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

Salarr's southern I thought. Kadius is the nothern one.
Rickey's Law: People don't want "A story". They want their story.

I started  -WAY- back when morecash (sp) was alive, Kadius I remember was indeed northern based -I- thought, This is from Vis/Wulf/Thrane days, and Salarri was southern based, and Kuraci was just a pain in the ass
Two dwarves get into a small fist-fray over who owns a pile of dung at the roadside.

You think:
     "Get your shit together"

I wouldn't be applying some of those facts, unless it was okayed by the immortals, because the game has changed a lot since that time.

QuoteCuriously, although the Sun Kin Muk Utep is a warlike man who enjoys nothing more than conquering new territory, all bloodshed is understood to occur outside of the city's walls. Fights to the death inside the city are viewed as brutish and rude. It is considered far more appealing to have one of two combatants flee and suffer a loss of honour, or to solve conflicts in more subtle ways using thieves and assassins. The exception, of course, is inside the Curachek Arena.

I was looking over the old site, and I thought that was cool. This is pre-Allanaki occupation, of course.
As of February 2017, I no longer play Armageddon.