What's your prompt?

Started by Ampere, April 01, 2009, 11:22:15 PM

April 08, 2009, 03:47:10 AM #50 Last Edit: April 08, 2009, 03:48:46 AM by Agent_137
QuoteI can't find C:\Program Files\MUSHclient\scripts\infobar.lua All there is in the scripts folder is exampscript.lua

if you got the 'it just works' version, yo udon't need to configure anything. just turn it on!

if you got the infobar.lua file itself, but not the zip, you have to -save- it into that location.

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on April 08, 2009, 02:50:58 AM
I can't find C:\Program Files\MUSHclient\scripts\infobar.lua All there is in the scripts folder is exampscript.lua

Same here.

Also I changed my prompt to something a little less clunky.

prompt <%h/%H - %v/%V - %t/%T> %e <%a %o> \

<302/302 - 310/323 - 179/190> dawn <accent sirihish>
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

if you change the prompt, it won't work. The whole point is that the prompt disappears all-together.

if you use the .zip file, you don't need to find infobar.lua at all. Or ever download it! Just unzip it into c:\program files\mushclient. then run the mushclient exe and it should all work except. The last thing you must do is change your prompt to:
prompt %h %H %t %v %V %e %w %A %s\n>
change your prompt to that and watch it disappear. (sorry i forgot to tell you about that critical bit of info.)

if you are -just- downloading infobar.lua, then you need to save it into the MushClient\scripts\ folder and follow the instructions in the .lua file.

I changed my prompt after I failed the setup.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

ah. Well, did you get it working after my last post? I'm on the edge of my seat here. I know it's a few steps but I want to share the infobar and try my best to make it an easy setup.

If you two have further trouble though, i'm just going to package it into an .exe next.

Quote from: Agent_137 on April 08, 2009, 01:36:24 PM
ah. Well, did you get it working after my last post? I'm on the edge of my seat here. I know it's a few steps but I want to share the infobar and try my best to make it an easy setup.

If you two have further trouble though, i'm just going to package it into an .exe next.

You get my PM man?

Brandon
Quote from: Ghost on December 16, 2009, 06:15:17 PM
brandon....

you did the biggest mistake of your life

yea, DL'd and installed. Not sure if i'mma F' with it soon though . . . especially since the mushclient version apparently still needs refining. ^^^

I think I'm going to check into the copyright that comes with Mushclient. I'd like to eventually have an executable that I can ask the IMMs to stick on the Arma site and say "this is our official recommended client, fully customized."

Quote from: Agent_137 on April 08, 2009, 01:36:24 PM

Yeah, Not even the zip worked for me, it gave me an error message about... well I can't remember. It ran and played Arm just fine, but no infobar. It's probably just me, but if you can make it any easier with an .exe than you rock, sir.

Im a minimalist.

HP:%h/%H MV:%v/%V ST:%t/%T

HP:100/100 MV:130/130 ST:110/110
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

April 09, 2009, 01:32:23 PM #59 Last Edit: April 09, 2009, 01:34:02 PM by Ender
%h;%t;%v;%s;%o

I like semi-colons and I know what my stat maxxes always are so there's no need to clutter up my prompt with them, and I know which ones are which since I haven't changed my prompt in nine years so I don't label them.

102;165;102;standing;sirihish
man
/mæn/

-noun

1.   A biped, ungrateful.