Scarlet the Harlot

Started by John, March 30, 2009, 12:56:54 AM

I came around to check things out as I do from time to time when I saw this song.

This was a great song whose lyrics I'd put in a txt file only to lose years ago. I first heard it in my first year of playing Armageddon when my dwarven merchant decided to join the T'zai Byn so she could learn how to protect herself. I of course had no idea that being of a merchant class would mean I would never, ever get better at fighting  :P

If memory serves me right (I think its safe to say given that its 7 years in the past), it was made by Mishka about a fellow Bynner who almost everyone loathed universally (kudos to whoever that was for being a good sport too :)). If memory serves me, there was also a verse about mekillots which seems to be missing :P

Anyway kudos to whoever wrote that and kudos to Breezy's player for uploading it  :) It brings back fond memories  ;D

I remember repeatedly requesting that song from Breezy during tavern hang-outs.

Whoever played him did a great job at a Fale bard.

<3

Hmm weird I was just reading that. Does anyone know how it's meant to be sung? In my head I was imagining it being spoken quickly with a kind of rhythm to it along the lines of:
DUh-DUh-DUh-DUh DUh-DUh-DUh DUh-DUh-DUh DUH!
e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e w

Quote from: H. L.  MenckenEvery normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.

Quote from: Mood on April 02, 2009, 08:54:44 PM
http://www.ibiblio.org/bawdy/ballads/charlotte.html

You hear that?

That was the sound of everyone who "hates Armageddon adaptations of real songs" doing a synchronized facepalm.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

Haha. It's a shame. It's a good lyric though, nonetheless! I remember Breezy! Sneaky little thing.... -.-
Quoteemote pees into your eyes deeply

Quote from: Delirium on November 28, 2012, 02:26:33 AM
I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game