Mercy...Mercy....Mercy

Started by Krath, March 25, 2009, 10:08:20 AM

Quote from: SMuz on March 27, 2009, 09:49:59 PM
Oh, one thing I'd hate about this: It nerfs bludgeoning weapons. One of the biggest advantages of bludgeoning weapons is that it lets you knock out characters safely; even if you do 60 damage, like half of it is stun. Bludgeoning weapons are cool mainly because they're already 'mercy' weapons - if 'safe mercy on' suddenly became available, there'd be no advantage at all to using them.

I'd rather that someone go to the trouble of finishing the job with his mace or fists if he really wants to keep his opponent alive.

I disagree.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Oh, one thing I'd hate about this: It nerfs bludgeoning weapons. One of the biggest advantages of bludgeoning weapons is that it lets you knock out characters safely; even if you do 60 damage, like half of it is stun. Bludgeoning weapons are cool mainly because they're already 'mercy' weapons - if 'safe mercy on' suddenly became available, there'd be no advantage at all to using them.

I'd rather that someone go to the trouble of finishing the job with his mace or fists if he really wants to keep his opponent alive.

Except for the fact that if you KO somebody with a mace, you're that much more likely to cave their head in with your next strike, due to the m-m-m-m-MASSIVE damage penalties given to attacks incurred while unconscious.

Even if you have mercy on.
And I vanish into the dark
And rise above my station

March 28, 2009, 12:29:12 AM #27 Last Edit: March 28, 2009, 12:45:44 AM by SMuz
Quote from: Fathi on March 28, 2009, 12:06:28 AM

Except for the fact that if you KO somebody with a mace, you're that much more likely to cave their head in with your next strike, due to the m-m-m-m-MASSIVE damage penalties given to attacks incurred while unconscious.

Even if you have mercy on.
I'm pretty sure that with mercy on, you don't try to cave their head in with the next strike. I thought mercy on when attacking an unconscious person never fails.
Quote from: Rahnevyn on March 09, 2009, 03:39:45 PM
Clans can give stat bonuses and penalties, too. The Byn drop in wisdom is particularly notorious.

Oh, It fails.

And often.

Sadly mercy is dependant on your skill with the weapon. So, if you are unskilled with the weapon type you can indeed swong that extra time. Which is quite silly. Skill with a weapon should have to do with damage not if you can manage to not swing it that extra time after dude hits the ground. Specialy since you (IRL) Have to move a large distance to nail somebody in the head that is laying down if you are the one that konked him while standing.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job