Terrible Lag?

Started by Hexxaex, March 21, 2009, 05:58:04 PM

Hi all, I've tried using Mud Master 2000 and GMud, but I've encountered a pretty bad lag, to the point where it takes between 5 and 10 seconds for my command to go through.  The web-based client works just fine, with virtually no lag at all, so I'm not too sure what the problem is.

Does the web client have a different connection to the server than an external client?  Let me know if there are any known workarounds to this problem.  I would use the web client but I can't resize and text doesn't appear properly all the time.
*blank* hmms to himself, carefully peeing across the ground.

Quote from: RaesanosI want to kill everyone.

Mushclient is free and decently capable of just about anything you'd need from a client.
<Morgenes> Dunno if it's ever been advertised, but we use Runequest as a lot of our inspiration, and that will be continued in Arm 2
<H&H> I can't take that seriously.
<Morgenes> sorry HnH, can't take what seriously?
<H&H>Oh, I read Runescape. Nevermin

Use MUSHClient, like everyone does.  I have found MUDMage 5 to be very good too, if you have Windows XP.

I use Zmud 4.62. It's been my best friend for nearly a decade. I have to say though, that I can't think of any reason why any particular mud client would cause you to lag.

That's okay. The game's lagging for everything. It's because it doesn't want me to reach a bar.
Quote from: Barzalene
Besides if a Jihaen walks in on you, he walked in on you. He can't be too upset if he sees your peepee. He might have a legitimate gripe though if the manner in which you use it isn't subtle.

Haven't been experiencing any lag due to a client.  It's probably just the game..

Speaking of which, is it just me, or does the game seem far more prone to crashes, lately?
Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

Not just you.

I know with Comcast, they limit the amount of bandwith you can use per month or per whatever. Means if you torrent ANYTHING while even trying to play ARM(which takes up almost nothing), it'll give you serious lag. Mine likes to disconnect me completly too. Fuck you Comcast. :-)

But either way, I suggest using MUSHclient. You can do much more than Gmud, and it has SPELL CHECK!!!
The man asks you:
     "'Bout damn time, lol.  She didn't bang you up too bad, did she?"
The man says, ooc:
     "OG did i jsut do that?"

Quote from: Shalooonsh
I love the players of this game.
That's not a random thought either.

I use comcast and and MUSHClient and don't have any problems with lag other than when Armageddon goes through its lagging spells from time to time.

Are you _paying_ for you comcast?

Just a though. *shrug*
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Quote from: tortall on March 21, 2009, 09:13:43 PM
But either way, I suggest using MUSHclient. You can do much more than Gmud, and it has SPELL CHECK!!!

what is this spell check?  is it teh coolyiest? lol.
"The fear of death is the most unjustified of all fears, for there's no risk of accident for someone who's dead."
-Albert Einstein

Gmud is what hardcore people use.

Lazy people use MUSHClient for aliases, triggers, and spell check.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Zmud is much easier to script in, and spellchecks.

I just use MUSHclient because I'm too lazy to find my key again.
Quote from: Barzalene
Besides if a Jihaen walks in on you, he walked in on you. He can't be too upset if he sees your peepee. He might have a legitimate gripe though if the manner in which you use it isn't subtle.

Quote from: Riev on March 21, 2009, 10:41:37 PM
Gmud is what hardcore people gremlins use.
Yeah here come the rooster,
You know he ain't gonna die.

Quote from: Riev on March 21, 2009, 10:41:37 PM
Gmud is what hardcore people use.

Lazy people use MUSHClient for aliases, triggers, and spell check.

I don't use any of these things. :D
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

I experience lag when I walk :P
Heh, seriously, though, I thought it was lag.
Quote from: Rahnevyn on March 09, 2009, 03:39:45 PM
Clans can give stat bonuses and penalties, too. The Byn drop in wisdom is particularly notorious.