Gone, the command.

Started by Xio, March 20, 2009, 01:21:37 AM

I've been real busy irl lately, things come up with little to no notice and pull me away from the game. I can usually see these things coming and keep myself in areas where I'm not likely to run into life or death situations at the time.

But, it would be nice if gone did two extra things
1) added a tag while you are gone, so people who wander in know you're not there, kind of like when someone spaces out irl and you leave them alone till they come to
2)reported that you are no longer gone when you return, so you dont have to do a generic em blinks a few times as ^me gaze refocuses.
War is not about who is right, but who is left
Quote from: BebopWhy is my butt always sore when I wake up?  :cry:

Years back, there was a brief time when I see a few people add in [gone] at the end of their ldesc to signify that they were..gone.  While it was nice to know that they were away from the keyboard, it could also be jarring immersion wise, as well as a blatant flag for twinks, be they thieves or killers (saw that happen a few times).
Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

I don't thing there should be a visible flag when somebody enters a room.

But I have always thought Gone should show up on assess and in using the way.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

Quote from: X-D on March 20, 2009, 09:37:16 AM
I don't thing there should be a visible flag when somebody enters a room.

But I have always thought Gone should show up on assess and in using the way.

I've had it show up when using the way before.... Tried sending someone a message and it said they were gone.....
The man asks you:
     "'Bout damn time, lol.  She didn't bang you up too bad, did she?"
The man says, ooc:
     "OG did i jsut do that?"

Quote from: Shalooonsh
I love the players of this game.
That's not a random thought either.

I'm pretty sure it doesn't say anything when you send via the Way... I'm pretty sure it's when you try to tell or whisper to someone that's gone.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

I wish it had a flag on you so when people entered the room they knew.

Fuck your immersion, some of us have baby dogs we need to take care of at a moment's notice so we don't have poop and pee on our floors.

With love, Brandon
Quote from: Ghost on December 16, 2009, 06:15:17 PM
brandon....

you did the biggest mistake of your life

Quote from: FuSoYa on March 20, 2009, 12:18:42 PM
Fuck your immersion

Right fucking on. I hear the complaint that things "ruin the immersion" so often my head wants to explode. I don't know if its just me, but "getting OOC" doesn't bother me. I am more than capable of handling two conversations at once (OOC and IC) and still not breaking character. When someone says something that doesn't belong on Zalanthas, I don't freak out and geek on them.

On Topic, the gone command is nice. If you have who c, it will show a [G] next to the name of someone that is gone. Otherwise, I've psi'd people and its given a gone message before, but I'm not sure if it does anymore.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Quote from: Riev on March 22, 2009, 01:14:38 PM
Quote from: FuSoYa on March 20, 2009, 12:18:42 PM
Fuck your immersion

Right fucking on. I hear the complaint that things "ruin the immersion" so often my head wants to explode. I don't know if its just me, but "getting OOC" doesn't bother me. I am more than capable of handling two conversations at once (OOC and IC) and still not breaking character. When someone says something that doesn't belong on Zalanthas, I don't freak out and geek on them.

QFTMFT

I'd rather not have gone show up.
I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

If tavern sitting, wandering the markets or streets I don't mind throwing out a little gone message. Standing in the middle of the desert or some place scary/dangerous though I'll often Change ldesc is standing here (afk briefly) or something similar. I've never received a complaint for this or gotten a dirty account note and I think it's perfectly fine. If that breaks your immersion then may you die in a car fire. I really don't want you to die in a car fire..
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

I've changed my ldesc to is idling at the bar here when gone. It doesn't screw anyone's immersion. I just sit there and pretend I'm a vNPC. Or a vPC or something  8)
Quote from: Rahnevyn on March 09, 2009, 03:39:45 PM
Clans can give stat bonuses and penalties, too. The Byn drop in wisdom is particularly notorious.