Clan members + guard

Started by Xio, March 17, 2009, 03:31:56 PM

I've come across a number of situations where blocking a clan member from an exit, item, etc, was the RP thing to do but the code doesnt allow for that. I'd like it if it would be possible to toggle allowing certain people past you, whether or not they're in the same clan as you. Whenever you log on the default would be allow clan members, and deny non-clan members.
War is not about who is right, but who is left
Quote from: BebopWhy is my butt always sore when I wake up?  :cry:

Maybe something like a allow or disallow command:

>Guard north
You begin guarding the north exit.
>Allow
You are allowing clan members to pass, but blocking others (Default) 
>Disallow Amos
Okay, you will try and stop Amos.
>Allow
You are allowing clan members to pass, but blocking Amos and others.
>Disallow all
You will stop everyone
>allow all
You will let everyone pass.
>disallow Amos
You will try and stop Amos.
>Allow
You are allowing all to pass, but blocking Amos.
I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

Why not just make it that you have to stop guarding an exit for a clan member to pass. It's not like it's a huge hassle.
History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.
-Winston Churchill

Quote from: elvenchipmunk on March 17, 2009, 04:24:12 PM
Why not just make it that you have to stop guarding an exit for a clan member to pass. It's not like it's a huge hassle.

Exactly, I don't really know what's up with the clanny-no-guard code anyways.

It's for NPC's that guard areas.

So like if you want to have kuraci PC's board a wagon that NPC's guard, you can have the Pc's pass without having to have an agent order the guards around everytime, for instance.

It's pretty necessary to have clan members be able to pass.

I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

Very necessary for militia.  Sometimes, you need to let the templar or Sergeant leave the room without letting the suspect/prisoner/victim saunter out as well.

Also, sometimes militia need to guard an exit in the street ... the spam from guards on auto-patrol bumping into the militia would get real old real fast.

It would be nice, however, for said militia to be able to block a recruit from leaving the office when it's just become clear that said recruit is a secret Light-lover.

So ... I agree with the OP.

Quote from: Synthesis
Quote from: lordcooper
You go south and one of the other directions that isn't north.  That is seriously the limit of my geographical knowledge of Arm.
Sarge?

This might be alright, then. But I'd rather default it so that clan members do NOT get by without you OK'ing it first.
-Winston Churchill

March 17, 2009, 05:22:15 PM #7 Last Edit: March 17, 2009, 05:24:53 PM by Xio
Quote from: elvenchipmunk on March 17, 2009, 05:15:04 PM
This might be alright, then. But I'd rather default it so that clan members do NOT get by without you OK'ing it first.

Kinda makes whole process of 'guard cmd vs clanned NPCs' redundant then.
And i think its more likely to want to stop a single clanned member once in a while, rather than stopping everyone everytime you block an exit and having to ok everyone who needs to get past. Tedious and annoying at that point imo.
War is not about who is right, but who is left
Quote from: BebopWhy is my butt always sore when I wake up?  :cry:

March 17, 2009, 05:28:14 PM #8 Last Edit: March 17, 2009, 05:31:23 PM by The7DeadlyVenomz
>guard west
You begin guarding the west exit.

Does as it currently does.

>guard west -thin
You begin guarding the west exit from thin people.

Will allow everyone but someone with thin in their keywords to pass.

>guard west +thin
You begin guarding the west exit, but will let thin people pass.

Will not allow anyone but somebody with thin in their keywords to pass.

guard west +thin +fat
You begin gaurding the west exit, but will let thin and fat people pass.

You can link various targets using this system.

You may also use names, but using a name requires that the target be in the room with you.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

Xio, I simply meant that if some sort of allow code was in, that it should default to off when you log in. In any case, I think all of these ideas would be improvements.
-Winston Churchill