Tolerance?

Started by drunkendwarf, June 03, 2003, 11:27:34 AM

I've never been quite sure of this one....
Do you develop tolerances for things?
Alcohol? Specific poisons?

My poor char is currently being subjected to the same poison over and over again...just wondering if he'll eventually be immune or have it work it's way through his system real quick like.

Well, lets see, I believe it was stated on the old GDB that at one time building up a tolerance to poisons had been in the works but never completed, So, far as I know, no, you do not build tolerance to 'poisons'

Hopefully that will be completed someday.

For the rest, check the help files for merc sub.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

I beleive the tolerance to alchohol was supposed to be part of the tolerance to poisons? I've never ever seen anything except getting drunk really quickly or not getting drunk at all. It's been the same with every character I've had. Some drinks get you drunk quick. Others don't. Regardless of race, size or religion.

Creeper
21sters Unite!

Actually, I don't know if it's just my imagination, but I think characters that drink a lot eventually are harder to get drunk.

Having played more than one lush in my time, I do believe that, as in real life, your system builds up a resistance to alchohol in Arm. Certain things are still potent enough to blast you, of course. I mean really, even Hank Miller could only handle so much Absinthe before he went down like a house of cards.

I cannot verify this opinion, by any means. But my experience has lent credence to the theory.
Don't forgive and never forget; Do unto others before they do unto you; and third and most importantly, keep your eye on your friends, because your enemies will take care of themselves.   -J.R. Ewing

I just wanted to second Clegane's observations. After playing an alcoholic mercenary that was paid -far- too much coin for far too little work I've had chance to test that theory. Sure enough as time went on it took many, many bottles of whisky to start feeling a buzz.