Your vision goes black.

...with a battle going on around you.
"And all around is the desert; a corner of the mournful kingdom of sand."
   - Pierre Loti

Typing

>backstab friend

instead of

>backstab gith

And typing the wrong alias for the stop command, once the horror of what I had done had settled in.

Instantly killing him.

Having the staff say "Friendly fire happens, roll with it."

That was like...Pretty crazy emotional what?
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

I also get this when I have been bored with a lack of RP for a while and suddenly a role becomes available.
LOL WAT?

You get the rush while spelunking untold places, too. I remember traipsing through someone's hoard of loot, thinking I was safe.

Magickal currents swirl around someone as they begin a spell.

Let me tell you, my hands shook for a bit.

I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

The very first time my hands shook and I started panicking was during this event:

Quote1575 (Year 35 Age 21)
    Several merchant houses make silt skimmer expeditions into the Sea of Silt, pressing into the unknown reaches south of Red Storm.

And that adrenaline rush lasted until about ten minutes after my character died. :(

I always get an adrenaline rush when I burglarize an apartment or estate.

Sadly, I don't do those things anymore.

Love the feeling, it's so awesome! Another reason why I'm addicted.
LOL WAT?

good Sparring matches, runnng into a beastie bigger than you (objectivly speaking) and magikers......

nothing makes your heart beat faster then seeing those words of

Magical currents begin to swirl.....
Quote from: BleakOne
Dammit Kol you made me laugh too.
A staff member sends:
     "Hi! Please don't kill the sparring dummy."

March 12, 2009, 02:24:23 PM #33 Last Edit: March 12, 2009, 03:45:09 PM by Nyr
Edited.  Don't write about IC events and magicky stuff.  You should know better.  -Nyr
The funny little foreign man

I often hear the jingle to -Riunite on ice- when I read the estate name Reynolte, eve though there ain't no ice in Zalanthas.

Newbie mistake, not like I was trying to put something out there that was still in event.. Thanks for catching it, and bring the situation to my attention, as now I will avoid the same mistake.
The funny little foreign man

I often hear the jingle to -Riunite on ice- when I read the estate name Reynolte, eve though there ain't no ice in Zalanthas.

Got to love dangerous contracts into places where your client tells you "It's unlikely you'll make it out alive".

The one thing that sucks the most though is when you all do make it out alive. :(

Quote from: Rooster on March 07, 2009, 10:47:07 PM
Quote from: loopylobes on March 07, 2009, 10:13:04 PMAnyone else have feelings like this?

The advantages of permadeath.

Doesn't have to be permadeath. Losing 3 days worth of XP in other games gives you pretty much the same effect.

Quote from: alicedavignon on March 12, 2009, 07:15:12 PM
Quote from: loopylobes on March 07, 2009, 10:13:04 PMAnyone else have feelings like this?

Doesn't have to be permadeath. Losing 3 days worth of XP in other games gives you pretty much the same effect.

nah that makes me feel like i just pissed away 3 days of my life on a stupid ass game that gives me nothing in return.

permadeath in an RPI mud means every story ends the same way. It's just a question of WHEN.

Quote from: Agent_137 on March 12, 2009, 08:41:00 PM

nah that makes me feel like i just pissed away 3 days of my life on a stupid ass game that gives me nothing in return.

permadeath in an RPI mud means every story ends the same way. It's just a question of WHEN.
True. I've played a game where I lose 3 days of XP after death. It's annoying, not fun.
Quote from: Rahnevyn on March 09, 2009, 03:39:45 PM
Clans can give stat bonuses and penalties, too. The Byn drop in wisdom is particularly notorious.

Quote from: SMuz on March 13, 2009, 07:19:09 PM
Quote from: Agent_137 on March 12, 2009, 08:41:00 PM

True. I've played a game where I lose 3 days of XP after death. It's annoying, not fun.

I've played a game where I lose 3 days of XP after being PKed in the middle of a town with no RP to speak of on a supposedly IC-enforced MUD. Yeah, no.

Quote from: Vessol on March 08, 2009, 03:10:28 AM
I've jerked quite violently in a heated battle when I hear that loud *BEEP*, even if it's a gith or something.

Heh, or a googletalk beep just before knifing someone ... 

You begin to move in silently on your victim ...

- BEEP -

"Hey dude, you wanna do Johnny's tavern tomorrow after work?"

- HK
- HK

or a persistent 2 year old banging away at the keyboard:

A -insert creature here- has arrived from the North.

asd;lfk_draw sword
What?

draw sword98envwed
What?

- HK
- HK

The attention of Templars, the personal attention of, will sometimes do this to me.

Doing something stupid and ending up with low stamina in a dangerous area.

Being passed out, and at the mercy of something other then an unanimated NPC (be it player or immortal animation).

Also, large wars or battles.
As of February 2017, I no longer play Armageddon.

Quote from: Taven on March 23, 2009, 07:08:04 PM
The attention of Templars, the personal attention of, will sometimes do this to me.

This this this this.

I find I take things more personally when a templar is involved. >.>
Quote from: Barzalene
Besides if a Jihaen walks in on you, he walked in on you. He can't be too upset if he sees your peepee. He might have a legitimate gripe though if the manner in which you use it isn't subtle.

Quote from: Ammut on March 10, 2009, 03:07:54 PM
I always get an adrenaline rush when I burglarize an apartment or estate.
God yes. That queasy feeling that squeezes at your guts and makes your breathing heavy as you're trying to find valuable things and get out, even if it's a building that you know no one ever goes into or no one owns. That's why Burglar is my favorite class. That small skill unlocks a huge adrenaline rush in me.

Edited to emphasize accidental pun. :B
"Never was anything great achieved without danger."
     -Niccolo Machiavelli