How elves regard humans?

Started by loopylobes, March 05, 2009, 05:59:32 AM

I think Im getting the bigger picture here, becoming more understanding of the Elf mindset and persona, based on different factors. This thread will likely enrichen my roleplay on Arm! Keep postin' !
LOL WAT?

I really hate the retcon that the staff did on the elven docs prior to D-elves getting implemented.

The two things I wish they hadn't had taken out:

1.  Elves were elves, and it specifically mentioned that tribes were continually shifting in and out of the cities.  Yes, city elf tribes had been desert elf tribes and may be so again.  It may have mentioned some tribes being present in both the city and the desert, although that may have been my interpretation.

2.  Tribes mentioned as being constantly merging and breaking apart.  I have yet to see a single piece of documentation with current tribes on how they would merge with another tribe, and this would be important, I think, given how they distrust.

Unfortunately, these bits disappeared from the documentation, as far as I can recall around when D-elves got implemented.  I think these bits would have shifted how city elves could be played.  Oh well.

Vote "No Retcon in Arm2"!
Evolution ends when stupidity is no longer fatal."

I would think that two tribes could merge if they started interbreeding a lot.  A child with parents from two tribes might regard both tribes as their tribe.

Quote from: Marauder Moe on March 07, 2009, 10:31:37 AM
I would think that two tribes could merge if they started interbreeding a lot.  A child with parents from two tribes might regard both tribes as their tribe.

This has happened to some extent in the past, both virtually and in game.