Syntax to sell salt?

Started by loopylobes, March 03, 2009, 10:24:08 PM

What is the syntax to sell salt ?

Thank you!
LOL WAT?

If you are at a salt-buyer, you usually just need to "offer sack", provided you have a canvas salt sack to carry them (or any container, really).

Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Ah.. I was offering it to the wrong person.

Thanks!
LOL WAT?

Actually, "offer sack" will result in the (correct) salt-buyer telling you how much will be paid for that sack of salt.

The syntax of "sell sack" will result in you selling for the price given when you "offer sack" however.  Some don't bother with offering since they're just going to sell it anyway.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

How do you sell salt to the cleaning merchant in Allanak? Do you need to use a sack for him as well? The help file words it in such a way that makes it seem like you don't need to use a sack for him.

QuoteSalt can be sold to some raw materials buyers,
including cleaning merchants in both Allanak and Tuluk, and the Jal
Saltyards in Allanak, off Merchant's Road. For the Saltyards, you will
need to buy the sack they sell there, and put your salt inside (at least
5 pieces). 'Offer sack' to the woman in the yards to receive payment.

When I 'offer salt' at the cleaning merchant it says:

QuoteThe corpulent, four-armed man does not accept trades.
To sell the corpulent, four-armed man cleaning crystals, give them to him.

When I give it to him he says come back when I have coins (trying to clean it for me). How do you sell salt to this guy? Are only some salt crystals used for cleaning and therefore he doesn't buy all types? Or does he require a sack as well and the help file is misleading? Any info would be appreciated.

Quote from: Zerack on April 15, 2009, 10:00:06 PM
only some one particular kind of salt crystals are used for cleaning and therefore he doesn't buy all types
"The fear of death is the most unjustified of all fears, for there's no risk of accident for someone who's dead." - Albert Einstein

Quote from: Zerack on April 15, 2009, 10:00:06 PM
How do you sell salt to the cleaning merchant in Allanak? Do you need to use a sack for him as well? The help file words it in such a way that makes it seem like you don't need to use a sack for him.

QuoteSalt can be sold to some raw materials buyers,
including cleaning merchants in both Allanak and Tuluk, and the Jal
Saltyards in Allanak, off Merchant's Road. For the Saltyards, you will
need to buy the sack they sell there, and put your salt inside (at least
5 pieces). 'Offer sack' to the woman in the yards to receive payment.

When I 'offer salt' at the cleaning merchant it says:

QuoteThe corpulent, four-armed man does not accept trades.
To sell the corpulent, four-armed man cleaning crystals, give them to him.

When I give it to him he says come back when I have coins (trying to clean it for me). How do you sell salt to this guy? Are only some salt crystals used for cleaning and therefore he doesn't buy all types? Or does he require a sack as well and the help file is misleading? Any info would be appreciated.

Not only what Dustbunny said, but also remember that merchants DO run out of money. Keep that in mind.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

The cleaning guy takes *cleaning* crystals. He'll tell you exactly what he's looking for..and you can look in his shop for more specific clues.

You might need to give him more than one at a time - it's been awhile since I've done the cleaning crystal thing. This specific merchant works differently than others though...so here's some syntax help that might help:

you have to have the right amount of whatevers in your "loose inventory" to get the desired result. I believe you -also- have to have the thing you want cleaned in your "loose inventory" at the same time.

So *for example* (hypothetical because I honestly don't remember the exact process):

inv
3 mottled striped salt crystals
a stained leprachaun lucky charm

give crystal merchant

He takes all three crystals, and cleans the charm and hands it back to you clean, all in one fell swoop.

Notice you're not giving "crystalS" to the merchant. You're giving crystal. Just one. While you have 3 in your inventory. And he takes all three.

Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

The cleaner in allanak only takes one crystal at a time of the cleaning type that he is looking for. So you have to "give" to him one at a time, for each of the cleaning crystals.
Their is also a bonus to selling him those crystals besides being paid, but the bonus takes many exchanges to get.
Once you give him the crystal, he handles it all and explains the bonus.

The other seller, is 'offer sack' and then 'sell sack' for that price which was offered. Like all the others before me stated.
"Don't take life too seriously, nobody ever makes it out alive anyway."

Lizzie, he doesn't clean your stuff just for bringing him crystals, the cleaner in the Bazaar.  I don't know the syntax to get him to clean your stuff, but the syntax for anything having to do with the cleaning crystals and you turning them in is just 'give [item] [npc]'.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.