Sheathe Bow Back

Started by janus, March 02, 2009, 07:41:24 AM

Did the code for sheathing a bow on a characters back change? I used to be able to draw bow back, now i have to pull bow back. (at least I thought I used to)
Also, when i get my bow off my back, its always in my primary hand. Even If it was in my secondary hand when I sheathed it. Can the code deal with equipping it in my secondary hand, or am I stuck with the old 'change hands ep es ' switcheroo?

"Sheath bow back" is still the command.

Bow must be in hand.

You can not draw into your secondary hand, unless your primary is already full.
Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

Quote from: janus on March 02, 2009, 07:41:24 AM
Did the code for sheathing a bow on a characters back change? I used to be able to draw bow back, now i have to pull bow back. (at least I thought I used to)
Also, when i get my bow off my back, its always in my primary hand. Even If it was in my secondary hand when I sheathed it. Can the code deal with equipping it in my secondary hand, or am I stuck with the old 'change hands ep es ' switcheroo?

This may be a problem with the specific bow.  Please file a request detailing the sdesc of the bow, and the problem.
I seduced the daughters of men
And made the death of them.
I demanded human sacrifices
From the rest of them.
I became the spirit that haunted
And protected them.
And I lived in the tower of flame
But death collected them.
-War is my Destiny, Ill Bill

March 02, 2009, 09:50:33 AM #3 Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 09:52:13 AM by Mudder
Its still sheathe bow back and draw bow, and the bow will become held in your secondary hand even if you don't have anything in your primary, I just checked to make sure. As Loonsh has stated, probably just a bug with your bow.
staff member sends:
     "No problem. We'll just eat your brainz later

>draw bow es
Live like God.
Love like God.

"Don't let life be your burden."
- Some guy, Twin Warriors

Quote from: Chettaman on March 02, 2009, 12:14:09 PM
>draw bow es

You'd think, wouldn't you? Never worked for me. I always pull quiver first, so that when I DO draw bow it goes to the right spot.

Plus if you get attacked, arrows are a weapon still, I think.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

>draw bow es

Well, my char certainly can't wear a bow anywhere other than back, and

draw bow back es

really doesn't work. I've bugged the bow, just in case, but as a workaround I'll pull quiver first, thus forcing it into the secondary hand. Still not sure why i have to 'pull bow back' , not 'draw bow back' but it doesn't really matter.

Thanks all.  :)

Quote from: Riev on March 02, 2009, 01:31:52 PM
>draw bow es

You'd think, wouldn't you? Never worked for me. I always pull quiver first, so that when I DO draw bow it goes to the right spot.

Plus if you get attacked, arrows are a weapon still, I think.

I was once mortally wounded by such a weapon with black fletching.
Quote from: Cutthroat on September 30, 2008, 10:15:55 PM
> forage artifacts

You find a rusty, armed landmine and pick it up.

-Draw bow- is SUPPOUSE to automatically put the bow in your secondary hand whether or not you already have something in your primary.
staff member sends:
     "No problem. We'll just eat your brainz later

The sheath bow/back command was a little wonky for me the other day as well. Didn't think much of it but I remember having to go through a strange chain of syntax to get it to work properly.
We were somewhere near the Shield Wall, on the edge of the Red Desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

Quote from: Shalooonsh on March 02, 2009, 09:33:48 AM
Quote from: janus on March 02, 2009, 07:41:24 AM

This may be a problem with the specific bow.  Please file a request detailing the sdesc of the bow, and the problem.

I've been having the same problem with my current PC's bow as long as I've had the item. Is this the general thing anybody encountering these problems should do?

If so, what do we file it under? Question?

Thx.
And I vanish into the dark
And rise above my station